“Great spot in Ocean Beach!”

Maguire's Bay Front Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Ocean Beach
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
New York
“Great spot in Ocean Beach!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch here. This is our second time at Macguire's. The deck provides you with a great view of the bay. Our waitress was very nice and frequently checked on us. The food was delicious. We ordered wings, my husband had a cheeseburger, and I had the Caesar salad with shrimp. The Buddy's rum punch was yummy! My husband also enjoyed the Rocket Fuel drink. We would definitely go back again.

New York City, New York
“Gone Downhill”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My husband and I recently took his 93 year old mother and her friend to lunch during the week. The deck was half full of patrons and the inside of the restaurant was empty. Despite this, the service was horrendously slow. It took 45 minutes for my husband to get a beer while we three women just were drinking water. We ordered fried calamari and a grilled octopus salad to split as appetizers. They were average as was my husband's and my mother in law's friend's main dishes. However, my mother in law and I made the grave mistake of ordering fish and chips. When our entrees arrived (after much pleading to our waiter) the fish and chips were inedible. The fish was hard as a rock and overly battered. The accompanying french fries were barely lukewarm. I don't know what's going on at Maguire's because it used to be a good restaurant. Won't be back any time soon. There are much better options in Ocean Beach.

1 Thank beachsharon
Central Islip, New York
“Awesome food!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Dear Friends,
Maguire's is the most tasteful meals that you will get on Fire Island. The food is always amazing and the prices are very fair. That being said, I don't know how often they have people of color at this establishment. I started coming to Fire Island a few years ago with my family. Summers are important to us because we are so busy all year long. ( I'm a school Assistant Superintendent)
I've noticed that when I first visited this restaurant, the staff wasn't very welcoming however it was apparent how others were treated. (much better)
A few weeks ago when I returned to Maguire's with my family, the staff was much better! Thank you for continuing to approve your service.
Sharon

New York
“Great place on F.I.”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Stopped here for some drinks before lunch. Staff as very friendly and attentive. Prices are fairly reasonable for fire island.

Visited July 2014
Austin, Texas
“The rating is for the view more than the food”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

You are on Fire Island. Eat outside on the deck. The food here is good, with many options for diverse palates. I was not as overwhelmed by the food as I was with the view. Our waiter was friendly and attentive and knew the menu well. They also had some prix fixe options that made ordering easier. Also, the prices are higher ( it is FI), but the portions are generous and you are on vacation.