“Not New, But Clean”
Review of Windjammer Lodge

Windjammer Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ogdensburg
Windjammer Lodge
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is an older style motel; it's clean but tired. It appears that upgrades are in progress, and they are necessary! There was no heat (thank heavens it was summer) - an issue with the boiler. The hot water was intermittent - the same effect as someone flushing the toilet but in reverse. Half the units face the St. Lawrence and the others face NY 37. We had one of the front units, and it was quiet in spite of the road. The beds are very comfortable , TV's are newer and each unit comes with a micro, coffee maker and a fridge. The staff are friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: Take the river side (back) if you can get it. The sunset view on the St. Lawrence is spectacular!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fred R

Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband, 2 kids and mother checked in on August 2 until August 5, 2013 at the Windjammer. We booked the 2 bedroom suite facing the St. Lawrence. I was unsure what the room would be like given that it has a CAA rating of 2 .. and we are thrilled with the room. It is very very clean and has all the things that we need and more. The full kitchen and dishwasher was a nice touch. Unfortunatley the weather wasn't too good so the pool was a tad cold for us to use but it looks in excellent condition and very clean too. I think for the $503.00 we paid for 3 days (3 adults and 2 teens) we got a great deal.

The previous review was correct .. there isn't too much to do in Ogdensburg but I knew that prior to booking and Alexandria Bay was only 45 minutes away and Watertown is only 1 1/2 hrs away. If you ant Walmart, McDonald, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Walgreens, Pebbles, Tim Hortons and Lowes all if the Port of Odgensburg which is only 9 minutes away.

The fact that I had to drive to the Quality Inn to pay cash was not a big deal. The fact there is no staff on the property doesn't bother us either. If I needed anyone all I had to do was call the Quality Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2010

This motel is not new but it is very, very clean. The rooms are large, each having two full beds, desk and a small table with chairs. Each unit has a microwave and refridgerator. Half of the motel faces the river giving the rooms a great view. My only two complaints are: 1. During off peak season you check in at the Quality Inn two miles away. There is no motel staff on the property after the housekeeping staff leaves. The second issue is the price. During the Summer the price was $85 plus tax and I was told that the price would lower in the Winter. When I went in November the price was $74. When I reserved my room for December, I was told that there was an increase to the rates and it is back to the mid eighties. There is nothing to do in the area and with no staff on the property, this seems very high. Unfortunately there are only two other motels in the immediate area and one of those is owned by the same family.

Overall it is a nice place to stay if you do not mind the rate.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
6  Thank SILori

Been to Windjammer Lodge? Share your experiences!