Windjammer Lodge
US$86
QualityInn
Stonefence Resort(Ogdensburg)
US$111
Super 8 Brockville(Brockville)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$95
The Noble Suites(Brockville)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$98
US$93
US$131
US$126
Best Western University Inn(Canton)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$143
US$133
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The bulky heating/cooling unit in our room did not allow adjustment of the heat outflow. It was either hot or hot. The original shower had separate hot and cold valves that required exquisite adjustment to find the correct temperature except on the morning that there wasn't enough hot water. Worst of all the hotel was in a dead zone without any AT&T cell phone service. So even though the location on the river was picturesque, the location was incredibly frustrating without phone service.

The front lobby (small room) was sporadically staffed. When we checked in, our keys were in an envelope taped to the door. Our friends' key didn't work the second day which required them to drive 1.5 miles to the sister hotel Quality Inn to get help. The lodge had zero amenities. Although Tripadvisor has this listed as a bed and breakfast, there is no breakfast.

On a positive note the old fashioned room was clean and the free wifi was fast.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This place is situated on a great little plot of land right on the beautiful St. Lawrence. It's location/view is tough to beat, as long as you get a room facing the river, and not Rt. 37. (The owners kindly moved us to a river-view when a spot opened-up sometime after I had made my original reservation.)

There's an old gas-grill and picnic tables in the backyard, a short dock, and a smallish pool that all overlook the water. If it had been summer, we might have considered spending the entire day at the place, swimming, fishing and cooking-out. The property has the feel of a mini-resort in those terms.

As others have said, though, the rooms could reasonably stand some upgrading, considering that they charge $120/ night in October. Our microwave was balky at best, and the tub-surround in room 33 had these curious large bubbles on its floor, which made taking a shower a bit of a hazardous undertaking. (Think: bathing on a wet and soapy trampoline.)

The room was a bit worn, but clean, the heat worked well, and the beds comfy...But what's with the dearth of toilet-paper, just as Kim described..? That's the FIRST thing housekeeping should address!!!

Overall, though, we had a nice stay. It's a de-facto mom-and-pop establishment, and certain quirks are to be expected in that type of place. It's not priced right for what you get, but that river they have there tends to wash away thoughts regarding mere money... I'd give it 3.5 stars if this site allowed me to do that.

Room Tip: River side, no doubt about it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fishman81
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Recent (Oct 2013) 2-night stay. Owners need to pick up the pace and start noticing (and fixing) "the little things" that impart an immediate negative impression. Our room was equipped with a mini-kitchenette (not sure if all are) including a 2-burner electric stovetop, microwave, sink and under-the-counter fridge. Hmmmm.... where to start? The drip pans under the burners looked like they hadn't been cleaned....ever. They were completely encrusted with thick, blackened, burned-on food spills (yuck). Replacement drip pans are about a buck apiece at Walmart. (C'mon guys! Charging $130 a night for the room, I'm sure you can afford it!) The stainless steel sink wore a large rust stain which a 15sec scrubbing with a Brillo pad could have remedied. The fridge hadn't yet been defrosted in the 21st century. Three inches of ice completely encased the freezer compartment. And a previous guest had apparently left behind his/her food in the fridge....and the mgmt, in turn, kindly left it for us! (Wasn't quite sure how old it was, so we opted not to partake of their generous offering.)
With a bit of trepidation, I decided to answer "nature's call" and use the facilities. Having finished my business, I reached for the toilet paper....and it wasn't there! I looked around thinking I must be going blind, knowing that bathrooms usually come equipped with toilet paper. Thankfully, after spinning my head owl-like 180 degrees, I finally found it! A bare roll perched behind me on the toilet tank. I think this was a first....a motel bathroom with no toilet paper holder/dispenser!
The next morning's shower didn't fail to surprise either. There was a nice black mold growing in some of the grout around the tub, and a large section of tiles was separating from the blue-board. Aside from being decidedly unattractive, the water gushing down behind those tiles is gonna cause the owner some serious rot issues before too long.
The last item on the list was a potential safety issue regarding the thru-the-wall A/C unit. The row of control buttons on the front of the unit had partially broken away from its mounting bracket and was depressed into the interior of the unit. Pressing those buttons looked like it might invite a short-circuit if the wires on the back of the buttons contacted something metallic inside.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kim M
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is an older style motel; it's clean but tired. It appears that upgrades are in progress, and they are necessary! There was no heat (thank heavens it was summer) - an issue with the boiler. The hot water was intermittent - the same effect as someone flushing the toilet but in reverse. Half the units face the St. Lawrence and the others face NY 37. We had one of the front units, and it was quiet in spite of the road. The beds are very comfortable , TV's are newer and each unit comes with a micro, coffee maker and a fridge. The staff are friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: Take the river side (back) if you can get it. The sunset view on the St. Lawrence is spectacular!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fred R
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband, 2 kids and mother checked in on August 2 until August 5, 2013 at the Windjammer. We booked the 2 bedroom suite facing the St. Lawrence. I was unsure what the room would be like given that it has a CAA rating of 2 .. and we are thrilled with the room. It is very very clean and has all the things that we need and more. The full kitchen and dishwasher was a nice touch. Unfortunatley the weather wasn't too good so the pool was a tad cold for us to use but it looks in excellent condition and very clean too. I think for the $503.00 we paid for 3 days (3 adults and 2 teens) we got a great deal.

The previous review was correct .. there isn't too much to do in Ogdensburg but I knew that prior to booking and Alexandria Bay was only 45 minutes away and Watertown is only 1 1/2 hrs away. If you ant Walmart, McDonald, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Walgreens, Pebbles, Tim Hortons and Lowes all if the Port of Odgensburg which is only 9 minutes away.

The fact that I had to drive to the Quality Inn to pay cash was not a big deal. The fact there is no staff on the property doesn't bother us either. If I needed anyone all I had to do was call the Quality Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family