“Great salad bar, cold beer and good prices”

Buster's Sports Bar
Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Ogdensburg
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney
“Great salad bar, cold beer and good prices”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

It's local and it's not fancy but it's tasty, reasonable and has good service. What more could you want? I had the salad/soup bar and it was plentiful and varied. The bread was fresh and hot and the soup was homemade. If you want a fancy restaurant with table cloths, go to another town...but if you want good food and great prices with cold beer...this is the place.

• Visited April 2014

Ogdensburg, New York
“Good Food”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We love the salad bar here. The food is also good and you get a nice portion. But I will mention that with the exception of one or two of the wait staff, the service is certainly not the best in town and you should also be prepared to wait some for your food. That being said, we will return again.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank scjcb37
OTTAWA
“Poor Quality Food”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We stopped here for dinner 3 weeks ago on a Saturday night. The soup and salad bar which came with your dinner for an extra cost was good. We ordered Rum Runners which were fantastic, and then the rest of the meal started going down hill. One person ordered The Prime Rib Special, it came with lots of fat and grizzle which made me think it was just a cheap cut of roast, it was served with mashed potatoes and corn. Never have ordered prime rib in my life anywhere and been served it with corn, All of it was served in a bowl, and I still can't figure that one out. No horseradish and no au juice with it. Second order at the table was chicken wings and these were served in a bowl also but swimming in grease. Third order was for Fried Chicken, 3 thighs and 1 wing showed up, hot and crispy, and good flavour. The fries were kinda weird, and seemed like they were made from pressed potatoes, and not very good. We ordered Coconut Cream pie to share between 2 as the piece was huge. It was excellent. The carpets inside this establishment should be replaced as they look like they have caked on grease, and have not been cleaned for 15 years. There were air freshers plugged in near our table near the front window, I don't know if they were trying to mask a mould smell or what but the vanilla sent was over powering and very unpleasant to smell throughout the meal. People had posted on line that canadian was at par, which was incorrect. We were charged 10%, more on our bill. I had printed a coupon from their online link for a free bridge pass and 10% off on the first visit. They would not honour both coupons even though the form did not say that coupons can not be combined. We usually go to Little Italy when in Ogdensburg so we will return there in the future as he was still taking Canadian at par and his establishment seems alot cleaner. I may return some time for the salad bar or dessert, but I don't see us rushing back anytime soon.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank LOVESCUBA57
Apollo, Pennsylvania
“Simply Perch”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

From the best fishing town in the USA, Buster's has a home caught Perch sandwich that is out of this world. Highly recommend. We go there every couple weeks. I get the same meal. The St. Lawrence fresh perch sandwich.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank 333GlennB
Prescott
“Last Visit was Brutal”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have not gone to this restaurant for over a year now. The last couple of visits have been terrible. The salad bar is great but that's about it. Last time I was there I ordered the Saturday night Prime Rib special. The Prime Rib was a 1/2 inch slice of grizzle. Not fit even for a dog. Service when busy is also pretty slow. I believe ownership of this restaurant has changed hands but I know listening to friends that not much has changed. Personally I would not recommend this establishment.

• Visited February 2013