“Chinese buffet at it's best”
Review of Oriental Buffet

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Oriental Buffet
Ranked #27 of 43 Restaurants in Ogdensburg
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was so glad to find a chinese buffet that was having it's grand opening only a mile or so pass the Prescott bridge and border in Ogdensburg, NY.
I've eaten in so many bad Asian buffets on my travels that I wasn't sure I wanted to once again distress my stomach. While my friend waited in the car I did my usual look-n-see, telling me if I want to eat or run. And since it was dinner time on Sat. and a new place for people to try, I was expecting a long line of plate-filling people leaving only emptiness for the next person in their wake.
Excited I would be eating there I went back out to the car and waved my friend in. We were taken to a window seat and when we were ready to tackle the buffet there were no lines.
Although there were the usual buffet items I was glad to see they had my favorite sweet coconut shrimp dish and fresh pineapple still sitting on the skin.
The silver trays were full and the food looked fresh. And I couldn't wait to eat the hot food at the window seat.
Although alarms usually go off when I go to a buffet that's under $10, I was amazed that all the food I consumed was not salty and overcooked. All and all it was a delightful evening and when I left I told the owner my stomach thanked him.
Lunch is $6.99 m-s and dinner is $9.99, and all day Sun.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Pretty decent selection. Very nice decor. Ice cream was pretty goopy, freezer needs to be adjusted I think. The food was hot and fresh, try the "sizzling chicken". Desserts are pre-packaged frozen desserts without much flavor.
$6.99 lunch, $9.99 dinner. Soda was $1.59 each. The server saw our credit card with the bill a couple of times but did not take it, not sure if this restaurant prefers you to pay at the front counter or not but that's what we ended up doing. Watch out for the giant potholes at the entrance to the parking lot.
Much better than the Asian Buffet & Grill in Canton, but we still prefer the Asian Buffet & Mongolian Grill in Potsdam.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Chinese buffets are few and far between in the north country, and we ate here for the first time last week. It was a very good surprise. All the food was fresh and well prepared. A very nice variety as well. We are going for dinner tonight to see if menu is different. It's worth the 30 mile drive for us. Staff was very good as well. $19 for the two of us which was very reasonable for the amount of variety. Something for everyone.

3  Thank berghuis3