“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ogdensburg
Laurel, Delaware
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

Staying at Gran View for extended period for work in area. Rooms are very well maintained and clean. The rooms overlooking St Lawrence River offer a beautiful unobstructed view. All the staff, from front desk check-in to housekeeping are very friendly and accommodating. Work desk in room is nice as is wifi, if a little slow. Small frig and microwave useful.
The maintenance staff does a great job of keeping roadways, parking lots and walkways free of ice and snow. If you are familiar with this area, you know how difficult this job can be.
I would not hesitate to return!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water. Better view and less road noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Olathe, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

I liked the room it was a little cheap and the view is great, The low rating is not having an elevator, the cheap sounding hallway floor and the slowest ever wifi.... less than 1g... so good for tourest not so good for business pro's trying to work at night. couple that with the fact i kept roaming into canada with verizon made it hard to get anything done. Over all a positive experience. I wouldnt repeat for business but I would for pleasure if i was in the area

Room Tip: make sure you are lake side versus parking lot side
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

Stayed at the Gran-View hotel on New Years Eve in room 212. We stayed as a package including room, admission to the Gala, appetizers, drinks, midnight buffet and breakfast the next morning. There was a group of us occupying several rooms and we all left discussing how excellent it all was. Every staff member went out of their way to ensure a positive stay. Our room was immaculate as far as cleanliness. I may have waited too long to write this, but I believe Aimee took care of our accommodations surpassing expectations.

The above said, yes the reviews are correct in the fact the walls are thin and you can hear a lot from inside your room. Light sleepers will need ear plugs or something to drown out the little disruptions outside the room.

We had a great stay and would return for the service, atmosphere and value.

See you next year

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor so you don't hear people walking above you.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PMDMA
potsdam NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

We went here for a quick get a way- Reasonably priced- clean and cozy and a nice view of the St. Lawrence- uncrowded view with land and a great big pool.... (only open in the summer).
The restaurant was fantastic for dinner...
Breakfast was free but not that good- especially the coffee stunk.
The mattress and bedding were comfy...noise level great to sleep....
Your cell phone will be hitting a Canadian tower so beware...we could not text or get phone calls...but there was free wi-fi....next time I will call the carrier to get that straightened out beforehand... I will be back...loved it!

Room Tip: Get a river view...only a few more dollars.... they also take a pet!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dwright438
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

The pictures and the text don't do it justice. It's far nicer than it looks, the rooms are clean and modern - even the dog friendly ones. Just a great place to get away and relax. With friendly staff who obviously take pride in their work. The food is first class not just for a hotel, this is a dining experience in a beautiful setting with a huge and interesting menu. Great place, great staff, great food and great price, you can't beet that combination. Then throw in the dog friendly and what more could you ask for.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris B
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

Yes it's a quality inn. But I've stayed at some pretty nice quality inns. However it was clean fairly comfortable and had all the typical expectations. However, the walls AND CEILINGS apparrently are THIN. seems the guest over our head was up ALL NIGHT! Room was pitch black with the lights out. If you like that it's great. I like the choice. We took the executive room overlooking the water. ....well as the balcony is at ground level, AND ADJOINS the next balcony, with single paned glass doors and no sheer curtains (only heavy light killing ones) we chose to keep the curtain closed... Thus creating the feel of being in a small dark Closset. Not enjoyable. In order to have a tiny bit of light while sleeping we kept the bathroom light on and the door slightly adjar. ....well if the light is on, the fan runs. Ugh! Further. 4 LITTLE DINKY pillows for a KING SIZED BED. Because they were so small, it was barely enough for one person (I do like my pillows) ...then ...as the hotel is a series of unconnected buildings... It would make sense to be well lit at night. However many of the lights were out. And as one must walk outdoors to the restaurant IT WAS DARK. The food was not bad and there was a lovely wood burning fireplace in the restaurant. All in all the place wasn't great. The staff mediocre. But there is nothing much else around.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank berrypocket
Central, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel for several nights for business. The bed was comfortable, there was a nice tv and clean kept bathroom. The heater didn't work right away, I actually left the hotel came back later, tried again and it worked. A coworker had to get an electric heater from the lobby, staff in the restaurant even knew about the room with no heat, but my coworker was not made aware. In my room it looked like the furniture hadn't been move and cleaned under in awhile there was a straight line around the night stand and tv stand where dust started and clean rug began, otherwise the rest of the room was clean. Restaurant was good and on site (see reviews for Gran View restaurant). There also was not an elevator (that I could find) in the two story building. She asked when I checked in if I had preference for room, I said no, but didn't realize I had to drag my overpacked bag up the stairs. Honestly the hotel was good, managed just fine for the trip. My biggest problem, the walls r paper thin! My neighbors bed must have been against the same wall, his alarm woke me up in the morning, it sounded as if it was right next to me, anytime he talked coughed or anything in the room, I could hear it clear as day. I was also above the fitness center, which I didn't mind (and they have hrs) until I was woken up by his alarm and then couldn't sleep because someone was on the treadmill directly below me. If I stayed again I would make sure I brought ear plugs! Staff at desk were friendly, and had housekeeper came daily and refreshed the room.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank onaneedtoknowbasis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ogdensburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brockville
#2 of 5 in Ogdensburg
Bridgewaters Inn
Bridgewaters Inn
#1 of 1 in Johnstown

Been to Quality Inn Gran-View? Share your experiences!