“Terribly rude people!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Country Club Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Forge
Country Club Motel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Old Forge
Seneca Falls
“Terribly rude people!!!!”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

The owners of this establishment are by far the rudest I've ever dealt with. They constantly watch out the door to see if everyone is "behaving". It's like a scary movie or something. Also, we had just gotten back from lunch and couldn't find our 2nd key. We looked all over and I finally went to the front office and explained our dilema. The man held up a key and said "is this what your're looking for?" I said yes, how did you get it. He said the maid picked it up by accident and gave it to the front desk. I guess they didn't have the common decency to let us know. So, we spent over an hour looking for the key!!! These people are very very strange. I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Hard to find a room here where you won't be watched 24/7
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank poopydabe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 17 August 2012

The room was very clean and relaxing. My wife and two kids loved how the pool was away from the road and noise. There were other families there and everyone got along great.Best of all we were leaving The Country Club Motel and standing in the front yard eating grass was a beautiful 8 point buck and it had no fear,we will definitely stay again. Thanks

• Stayed August 2012
Copenhagen
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We just stayed the night. The rooms were well maintained and clean. We were there with two other families. We could sit out back of the sliding glass doors and relax while the children swam. Very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Irene W
Carlsbad
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I had unexpected financial difficulty less than one week from my reservation. My dog cost me $700 in an emergency visit where he almost died and my first paycheck from new job did not post. I called and told them what happened and I was not able to pay the very stiff penalty for about 2 weeks otherwise my checks would bounce. The manager said fine, the owner charged my card anyway and my checks bounced. His answer was "it is not my problem" and would not reverse the charges. Just horrible.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Kathy S
Daphne, Alabama
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We have stayed at the Country Club Motel in Old Forge on several occasions, and it is always our first choice when visiting the area. We have recommended it to friends.

It is a simple, family-owned motel, nothing fancy. But it is very clean and very comfortable with nice beds and a mini-fridge and microwave. There are sliding doors to a backyard with pool sheltered from the street. Each unit has Adirondack chairs which are nice in the morning for coffee or in the evening for a cocktail.

The bathrooms are small but spotless.

The motel is conveniently located in Old Forge - you COULD walk to town, but it may be a bit far. You can definitley walk to some eateries and a kyack rental shop.

They don't serve breakfast, but we found the Five Corners Cafe an excellent choice in Old Forge.

We typically go with another couple, and we have seen family groups there as well. The pool looks to be very clean.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front facing the street are less expensive. Rooms on the sides have direct access to th...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank VMSTravel
Reviewed 2 August 2012 via mobile

Our family of 5 needed an easy and affordable place to stay for just one night. I submitted an information request online and got a call back immediately to book our lodging for the next night. The motel was easy to find and the room was plenty big enough for the Pack and Play crib we had brought for our youngest.

• Stayed August 2012
Norwich, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The Country Club Motel on Route 28, Old forge NY is just what I like in a motel--CLEAN, COMFORTABLE BEDS, AND AFFORDABLE. The staff was friendly and helpful. There was a nice pool in the back as well as tables and chairs out front to watch everyone go by. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I think any room would be nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Pine Knoll Lodge & Cabins Inc
Big Moose Inn
Big Moose Inn
#1 of 1 in Eagle Bay

Been to Country Club Motel? Share your experiences!