“Awesome stay...Will definitely return”
Review of Christy's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Forge
Christy's Motel
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Old Forge
Dryden, New York
“Awesome stay...Will definitely return”
Reviewed 5 August 2011

So much fun was had at Christy's. Home away from home. Very clean. Great service. Awesome movies outside. Pool was very well maintained. Steve and his staff are very welcoming and helpful. Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The extra touches in our room after cleaning was very nice.

Room Tip: Strongly suggest a room with a fridge. Only a few extra dollars, well worth it.
2 Thank jjacolby
, Owner at Christy's Motel, responded to this review, 6 August 2011
Thanks for taking the time to past your review! We try very hard to ensure our guests go home with thoughts that will make them smile long after the trip is over. There's nothing better than hearing a kids belly laugh and seeing parents doing fun things with thier kids.

Thanks again for the review,
Steve

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We stayed in the efficiency room. it was wonderful. The room was very large and clean. The staff was friendly. Everyone at the motel seemed to be very relaxed and enjoying themselves. We will certainly be back and recommend this motel to friends and family.

3 Thank summerluver2
, Owner at Christy's Motel, responded to this review, 6 August 2011
It's funny how many people enjoy being up in the efficiency and how many never even use all it has to offer. They just like having the extra room and the privacy it offers.

Thanks for taking the time to post a review and for visiting Old Forge,
Indianapolis
Reviewed 31 July 2011

This was our second stay a Christy's.
This time we took 2 other couples with us.
Nice pool, nice grounds, close to good food.
Steve the owner is more then just a nice guy.
Both the other couples understood why we stayed there and said if they had the chance would stay there again.

2 Thank 2002r1150gs
, Owner at Christy's Motel, responded to this review, 6 August 2011
Thanks for stopping in Old Forge on your road trip and for bringing your friends along to Christy's. It was nice to see you again and I hope you started to plan your next trip. You guys really seem to enjoy them!

Eaton NY
Reviewed 28 July 2011

You here about motels and think 1950's old and crusty and wonder if there all like that, there not !! We decided to forgo the popular hotels / motels nearby and decided on christys. The decision was based reviews, within walking distance to everything but far enough away from the crowd and its location to Old Forge and the water park.
I admit upon arrival i was skeptical of the 1950's motel vision. As soon as I opened the door gone was that 1950's vision. Modern and clean, no dust no mold NO STAINS nothing !! For what I payed for this room you think I was at the Hilton. I believe the owner lives on premises as I see him walking around everywhere and you get that mom and pop atmosphere, they even show movies outside like being at a drive in. The pool was even heated and my stay was during the week not just heated for the weekend rush. To say I would be coming back is a big YES. You dont get that type of commitment or atmosphere anymore. These people go out of there way to make you feel at rest and it shows. To show movies on a screen outside laying in the grass, relaxing with my kids after a full day at the water park is a memory that wont be lost. This is not just a place to rest your head and sleep, it becomes part of the vacation.

2 Thank mowhawk3
Hi,

It sounds like you had a great time during your visit to the Old Forge area and that's what it's all about. To relax and make some memories that you can take home with you!

Thanks for taking the time to post a review,
South New Berlin,NY
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This is a great place to bring your family or just relax. I love the outside family movie, the swing sets, sand box and especially, the beautiful pool.
The motel is located close to but not in the middle of all the downtown attractions.
We could walk to almost everything we wanted to do or see.
The owner was very helpful as usual. We'll definitely be back!!

Room Tip: South end is very quiet. North end is close to play area.
1 Thank SouthNewBerlin_NYKay
, Owner at Christy's Motel, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
It was great seeing you two again! Sorry I didn't get more time to chat. I got out for a ride tonight for a few hours. Next time you're up ask me about the fun road I found.

Thanks for posting a review and see you soon,
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2011

What good fortune we had to find Christy's and its innkeeper, Steve. The voice I met on the telephone was the one greeting us upon our arrival. Steve was very helpful and patient with information about the area - very much appreciated as this was our first visit to Old Forge. As we left the office for our room, Steve went ahead to get a plywood pad for me to put under the kickstand of the moto - very thoughtful! The facilities are very clean, well-maintained, appropriately updated. Steve has a BBQ and a firepit available for guest use and he puts family-oriented videos up on an outdoor screen in the evening. He was very accommodating of our unusual 'biker' needs on a rainy morning, even getting the weather radar up on his computer for us - a VERY HAPPY EXPERIENCE!

2 Thank Arrowmaker0813
, Owner at Christy's Motel, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
It was great meeting you two and hope to seeing you again on one of your roads trips. Next time you'll have to try white water rafting in a lighting storm! :-)

Thanks for taking the time and posting a review,
Ogdensburg, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Our first motel experience for myself and my son. Many positives: cozy room, good parking, soft bedding, very clean bathroom, great AC and free internet. Convienence store located across the road, with a redbox. My son enjoyed the pool, the playground and the sandbox. We missed the evening movie; there is a white screen on the side of the shed with little chair for children/families.We were just to exhausted after the waterpark. We were able to walk down to mini-golf place with an ice cream stand. Other restaurants were walk-able distance. Quiet and great price. No coffee pot in room (I bring one when I travel so not a big deal)

Only negative was little bug beetles found crawling on the rug and two found in the bathroom. I found 8 of them and brought three to the front desk so show them. The lady dismissed them as they were normal and all over her house. I didnt notice any outside of the motel or in our bedding (we looked). We wore flipflops in the room to avoid walking on them as they were difficult to see on the rug.

1 Thank MelanieFlack
Melanie,

It's always rewarding when you see guests to the Old Forge area enjoy themselves when visiting and it was a pleasure having you and your son stay at Christy's..

Kathy the lady in the office did some homework on the beetles. She made some phone calls about them and found out from the DEC office in Watertown that they are a European Chafer. When she called the DEC Officer got a laugh and asked if she was from the Old Forge area. She told him she was and asked why. It seems they have gotten a few calls about them this year. I did a search on them and here is some of what I found.

The adults come out of the ground in late spring and mate in large swarms, usually on low trees and shrubs. The beetles are most active on warm, clear nights when the temperature is above 19C (66F). They emerge at about 8:30 pm, mate through the night, and return to the soil by daybreak.

Sorry for the inconvenience they caused you. It seems each year we have some kind of nuisance bug flying or crawling around. But that is one of the great things about living in the Adirondacks, is seeing all the interesting things Mother Nature can show us. I posted a picture of a moth that was on the office screen door a few years ago. This thing was really neat!

Thanks for staying with use and taking the time to post a review,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Forge
Pine Knoll Lodge & Cabins Inc
Big Moose Inn
Big Moose Inn
#1 of 1 in Eagle Bay

Been to Christy's Motel? Share your experiences!