“CLEAN ROOMS/ AFFORDABLE/OUTDATED”
Review of Christy's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Forge
Christy's Motel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Old Forge
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Stayed one night to see a concert in town. For $70 a night we didn't expect the Taj Mahal, what we got was a clean room, decent beds and a quiet night, all we wanted. The rooms like like a 1980's garage sale, there's nothing extra like a fridge, microwave or coffee maker, but there's a convenience store right across the street with everything you need.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
ChristysMotel, Owner at Christy's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Hi Daytripper,

Thanks for the review. Hope you had a good time at the concert and the Old Forge area. Your review is right on the mark, on what we try to offer here at Christy's. Affordable rates, clean rooms and a good nights sleep. I would like to add that we do have a microwave in the office for guests to use, along with coffee and a large selection of teas.

Thanks again for the review,

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Overall it was okay...room really need to be updated (Flat screen TV on the wall would be better than the TV that was there). One thing that I would like to suggest to Steve, if he would put some boot trays there to the snowmobiler's. Also would be nice if there were like 4 or 5 hooks on the wall behind the door. Would be better if you could hang your snowmobile jacket and bibs there. The hangers there don't hold your bibs very well (kept falling off). Overall the motel wasn't that bad. One thing they REALLY NEED TO DO...is invest in new mattresses. The mattresses there are horrible. He charges $110.00 a night for Friday and Saturday and for how busy it is he could afford new mattresses!!!!! :(

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dan p
ChristysMotel, Owner at Christy's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Hi dan p,

Thanks for your thoughts on room upgrades. It's a little late for this season, but I will be looking into boot trays for next winter. Your thoughts about wall hooks is good. But I would be afraid of guests hanging wet towels, bathing suits on them and doing damage to the walls in the summer months. I'm sorry to hear the sleep quality wasn't what you had expected. If you get a second, please drop us an email and let us know what room you stayed in. Not to long ago we had a guest comment on the mattress at check out. I checked into it and sure enough someone had broken the box spring. The problem was corrected right away. I know the snowmobile season is just about over for this year. But please take a moment and call some of the other motels in town. I think you will find our room rates are right in line with others. So your comment about our room rates and what we can afford to do, I feel is unwarrented.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

My son and I took our 1st snowmobiling trip to Old Forge NY. We stayed at Christy's and was extremely pleased. Home town Mom & Pop atmosphere at it's best, friendly and informative. Oh, the room was a bit too hot, needed to drop it down a few degrees (good problem to have).

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank BruceW1016
ChristysMotel, Owner at Christy's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2013

Hi BruceW,

Sounds like you and your son had a great first trip to the Old Forge area snowmobiling. Nothing better than a great day of riding and then returning to town for dinner at one of the area restaurants. Thanks for posting a review on tripadvisor.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

Based upon what I had read on Trip Advisor, we chose Christy's Motel for our weekend get-a-way to Old Forge. Running the first "Let It Snow" 5K meant coming down to OF a day early (roughly a 3-hour drive for us from Plattsburgh). Making a phone reservation with the motel was easy and convenient. In addition to great reviews here on Trip Advisor, the rate of $60 plus tax a night seemed like a price that we weren't going to beat anywhere else in town. Location is great! Christy's is right on Rt. 28 on the south end of town. Still, it's within easy walking distance to the heart of downtown (perhaps a 10-minute stroll at most) To most of the restaurants and shops. If you choose to drive, there is ample downtown parking both on the street and in lots. Christy's is one of those old-fashion motels where everything is on one floor and you park right in front of your door. The friendly reception by the innkeeper convinced me that I had made a good choice. Because we were running the next morning, a late checkout was not a problem. Our room was clean, modern, and comfortable. It actually appeared that everything had relatively recently been redone to give it a first class look! Our room was spacious! The bathroom was equally large and modern. In some of the older motels, there is often the telltale smell of mold or cigarette smoke or maybe even something dead rotting away under the floor boards. Not here! One can certainly spend more money in town on lodging, but I doubt that you would be getting more bang for your bucks. We're already looking forward to our return next December for the 2nd annual Let It Snow 5K. You can bet we'll be making our reservation at Christy's for another enjoyable stay.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Grousedoctor

Hi Grousedoctor,

Thanks for being part of the first Let it Snow 5K run here in Old Forge and for planning on returning. The event was a hugh success, because of people like yourself. Hope you had enough spare time to enjoy all the other things going on during Christmas on Main Street. Last, but not least, Thanks for the review,

Reviewed 8 October 2012

My fiance and i stayed at chrissys over columbus day weekend. we enjoyed it very much. Its a great area close to shopping, dining, and it even has a gas station with a store right across the st.The price was good and it beat all the other motels around it.The room was well kept up, clean, well stocked up towels, lots of hot water and quiet. The beds were very comfortable, no problem with that. Steve the manager was fantastic, anything you needed he was right there. If your looking for a nice quiet inexpensive motel in old forge i would definitely suggest this one.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank pattyjay

Hi pattyjay,

Thank you for staying at Christy's and for taking the time to post a review. Hope you have plans to visit the Old Forge area again sometime.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Regarding "Painful Beds," I just got back from four day stay at Christy's and I have nothing but great things to say about the place. It certainly wasn't a Marriot, and if that's what you were looking for, you should have stayed there. This is an old charm mom and pop motel. The rate was great and the room was very comfortable and clean. I had everything I needed in my room. The tile floor was fine, I had no problems with it. The maids running the vacuum cleaners werent just making noise!! I saw no dust in my room anywhere. My biggest problem was trying to get rid of a fly that got in when I was unpacking and left the door open. I specifically looked for a motel just like this one so that I could have my vehicle right outside of my room, just for convenience sake. As far as the owner, Steve, my initial phone call a couple of months ago made my decision to stay there. After hanging up, I knew I would be calling back to make arrangements, and I did. He spent a generous amount of time with me on the phone explaining all of the things to do in Old Forge. Try getting that service from most motel owners. Once I got there, Steve was the first person I saw in the morning, he was there in the afternoon, and he was there through the late evening hours. I stopped into the office at least seven or eight times to get ice, or to ask questions, and guess who was there each and every time??? You got it....Steve. So to say that he wasn't around, would be unfair. You've unfairly attacked this quaint motel, its rooms, and its owner. I sleep in a high end bed at home. Were the beds there as comfortable as my bed at home?? No they were not, and how many times have you heard people complain that they didn't sleep well because they weren't in their own bed. I didn't sleep like a rock, but I certainly didn't wake up with back pain. Back pain is indicative of a problem. I've slept in some horrible beds in my travel, and have never risen with back pain.

For anyone looking to stay in Old Forge, there are many choices. The rates are all pretty reasonable. I chose Christy's because of the owner. As I said, I liked his attitude on the phone. Additionally, the motel is literally a couple hundred feet from the Old Mill, which is one of the finest restaurants in the area.

I'm already making plans to travel throgh Old Forge next year, while making my way to Lake Placid, and I will absolutely be staying at Christy's. For those of you considering staying at a motel in Old Forge, give this place consideration. Call and speak with the owner, and you will see what I am talking about. It's not just an act. Once there, he will bend over backwards for you. I had trouble with a signal with my Ipad, and he came down to my room to resolve the problem.

Take a look at the many reviews, and you will find that many of them give this place glowing reviews. I just thought your evaluation of the place was unfair as many people read trip advisor and are guided by what some people say. Needless to say, there are many, many more good reviews than bad. That should sum things up for anyone that s looking.

Room Tip: I was in room 17 and had a nice view looking North into Old Forge. It is within walking distance of...