“A safe bet, but could use a bit of work”
Review of Christy's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Forge
Christy's Motel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Old Forge
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Stayed in room 10 in corner. Nice enough, everything worked and wifi was good.

My (minor) complaints - showerhead is old sandblaster-type, and room smelled slightly ~ something - like it had been a smokers room a few years ago? Could use a new matress, a bit hard. At 85 dollars for a Sunday night it was okay, but maybe a bit overpriced?
I would stay again if there weren't another highly rated place to try. Owner was very friendly and nice..

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
ChristysMotel, Owner at Christy's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Hi tedley7,

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review. Just after your stay, I was doing my final check of the rooms before the season got into full swing. I also thought #10 and a few other rooms had a slight smell. What I found cased this, was we had the windows open and the dampness from the wet spring we had settled into the rooms. I closed the windows and turned on the heat to dry out the rooms and the slight smell went away.

Hope you enjoyed the area and thanks again for the review,

Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

We were very pleased with the room. Very clean and so close to everything! The pool was very nice but a little chilly.The staff was very friendly and courteous. The room could use a little updating , but overall a great place to stay

• Stayed: June 2013
ChristysMotel, Owner at Christy's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Hi kbrown,

Yes you are correct, the pool has been a little chilly this season so far. We have the largest outdoor pool, of any of the motels in Old Forge. But that can work against you when you start having very cool nights and inches of rain at one time. It's just that much more water to try and keep warm. Thanks for taking the time to post a review about Christy's.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This motel has the best location in town. Walk everywhere. Grocery across the street, wine and liquors next door, Old Mill restaurant 2 doors down (great food by the way). The motel staff was really nice, friendly and the cleaning ladies quite funny. Also, if you're lucky, you get to see a sweet deer who visits the motel many mornings. She ate chips out of my hand, so cool! If you need a room with a fridge, make sure you ask for one as they don't all have one. Motorcycle friendly as well. The pool is very clean. Great value.

Room Tip: We had a corner room (#10) No fridge but clean and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Noella,

What can I say? Thanks for the great review and hope you guys didn't get caught in to much rain on the rest of your trip. One of my spring projects was to install a fridge in the last few double rooms that didn't have them. I am happy to say they all have them now, even room #10.

It was nice chatting with you,

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Stayed one night to see a concert in town. For $70 a night we didn't expect the Taj Mahal, what we got was a clean room, decent beds and a quiet night, all we wanted. The rooms like like a 1980's garage sale, there's nothing extra like a fridge, microwave or coffee maker, but there's a convenience store right across the street with everything you need.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Daytripper,

Thanks for the review. Hope you had a good time at the concert and the Old Forge area. Your review is right on the mark, on what we try to offer here at Christy's. Affordable rates, clean rooms and a good nights sleep. I would like to add that we do have a microwave in the office for guests to use, along with coffee and a large selection of teas.

Thanks again for the review,

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Overall it was okay...room really need to be updated (Flat screen TV on the wall would be better than the TV that was there). One thing that I would like to suggest to Steve, if he would put some boot trays there to the snowmobiler's. Also would be nice if there were like 4 or 5 hooks on the wall behind the door. Would be better if you could hang your snowmobile jacket and bibs there. The hangers there don't hold your bibs very well (kept falling off). Overall the motel wasn't that bad. One thing they REALLY NEED TO DO...is invest in new mattresses. The mattresses there are horrible. He charges $110.00 a night for Friday and Saturday and for how busy it is he could afford new mattresses!!!!! :(

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dan p
ChristysMotel, Owner at Christy's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Hi dan p,

Thanks for your thoughts on room upgrades. It's a little late for this season, but I will be looking into boot trays for next winter. Your thoughts about wall hooks is good. But I would be afraid of guests hanging wet towels, bathing suits on them and doing damage to the walls in the summer months. I'm sorry to hear the sleep quality wasn't what you had expected. If you get a second, please drop us an email and let us know what room you stayed in. Not to long ago we had a guest comment on the mattress at check out. I checked into it and sure enough someone had broken the box spring. The problem was corrected right away. I know the snowmobile season is just about over for this year. But please take a moment and call some of the other motels in town. I think you will find our room rates are right in line with others. So your comment about our room rates and what we can afford to do, I feel is unwarrented.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

My son and I took our 1st snowmobiling trip to Old Forge NY. We stayed at Christy's and was extremely pleased. Home town Mom & Pop atmosphere at it's best, friendly and informative. Oh, the room was a bit too hot, needed to drop it down a few degrees (good problem to have).

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank BruceW1016
ChristysMotel, Owner at Christy's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2013

Hi BruceW,

Sounds like you and your son had a great first trip to the Old Forge area snowmobiling. Nothing better than a great day of riding and then returning to town for dinner at one of the area restaurants. Thanks for posting a review on tripadvisor.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

Based upon what I had read on Trip Advisor, we chose Christy's Motel for our weekend get-a-way to Old Forge. Running the first "Let It Snow" 5K meant coming down to OF a day early (roughly a 3-hour drive for us from Plattsburgh). Making a phone reservation with the motel was easy and convenient. In addition to great reviews here on Trip Advisor, the rate of $60 plus tax a night seemed like a price that we weren't going to beat anywhere else in town. Location is great! Christy's is right on Rt. 28 on the south end of town. Still, it's within easy walking distance to the heart of downtown (perhaps a 10-minute stroll at most) To most of the restaurants and shops. If you choose to drive, there is ample downtown parking both on the street and in lots. Christy's is one of those old-fashion motels where everything is on one floor and you park right in front of your door. The friendly reception by the innkeeper convinced me that I had made a good choice. Because we were running the next morning, a late checkout was not a problem. Our room was clean, modern, and comfortable. It actually appeared that everything had relatively recently been redone to give it a first class look! Our room was spacious! The bathroom was equally large and modern. In some of the older motels, there is often the telltale smell of mold or cigarette smoke or maybe even something dead rotting away under the floor boards. Not here! One can certainly spend more money in town on lodging, but I doubt that you would be getting more bang for your bucks. We're already looking forward to our return next December for the 2nd annual Let It Snow 5K. You can bet we'll be making our reservation at Christy's for another enjoyable stay.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Grousedoctor

Hi Grousedoctor,

Thanks for being part of the first Let it Snow 5K run here in Old Forge and for planning on returning. The event was a hugh success, because of people like yourself. Hope you had enough spare time to enjoy all the other things going on during Christmas on Main Street. Last, but not least, Thanks for the review,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Forge
Pine Knoll Lodge & Cabins Inc
Clarks Beach Motel
Clarks Beach Motel
#10 of 12 in Old Forge

Been to Christy's Motel? Share your experiences!