“Never felt more un-welcome”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Old Forge
Singing Waters Campground
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I've been in the hospitality and tourism industry for over 20 years and if any of my employees ever treated one of my guest like the owners treated me and my son and friends, I would fire them immediately. My friend rented a RV spot for three nights and we joined them for their second night which the campground was advised of. We arrived around 9pm and our group ended up renting a second site so that we could set up a tent for my son and his friend. While in the process of setting up the tent, the owner stopped by in his cart and proceeded to question us like we were squatters, then spent several minutes watching us after we told him who we were and who we were with (Not the type of welcome I give my guest). The next morning we broke our tent down at 7am and left for a day of whitewater rafting with our friends. Upon our return back to the site to pick my car up (we took one car and left mine at my friends site who was staying an additional night) we immediate starting packing up the car to leave and withing 2 minutes our friend with his car pulled up to lecture us about leaving a car after visiting times...... Seriously... He mentioned something about unions, the government and his license.. All the while we are packing to leave mind you.

My advice, even thought the grounds themselves are cute and convenient, do yourself a favor and avoid this overzealous campground owner and pick from any of the other 100 plus campgrounds within a twenty mile radius of this one otherwise you might find yourself in the twilight zone. My advice to the owner and a fellow hospitality professional, when you can no longer deal with people it's time to hang it up. Cheers

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
14  Thank Kmagdon

Reviewed 19 February 2014

we camped here for one week, with three young children (7-11) and one large dog. Enjoyed every moment, very clean and friendly campground, would recommend for great family camping. Owners drove around to make sure everyone was safe and happy,

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Rebecca M
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We have camped here before probably about 5 years ago. Just stayed there this past weekend. Owners have made improvements such as playground equipment, gazebo, etc. Everything is very clean, including the bathrooms! Great place for family camping. Yes, they do patrol after dark on golf carts, but I think that is good. We had no problems with the owners, however we also did not break any rules! Had a great time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank stupidkitty
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I have never met more rude people in my life. Followed you around in a golf cart. Yell at the trailer so the kids could hear. We stayed at the edge water inn and the kids and grandkids camped. We went to say goodbye and pick something up and within three min. they were nocking at the door for us to leave. He started yelling at us and waited until we got in our car. They met us at the entrance and started telling us to get off of his property and never step foot on it again. He was running down Canadians and kept yelling. He said you follow our rules here in the U.S. we won't take your money only U.S. money..your money is no good to us anywhere in Old Forge. We will visit again but never at the Singing Waters camp ground. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: August 2013
15  Thank Marian A
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Everyone has a view of their own, so I would like to express mine. I have been at singing waters for 5 years and have enjoyed every year. I am on a permanent site and yes there are rules but without them there would be complete kaos. They do not allow children running all around without a adult , but if you ask me that's safe for our kids. Also they do not tolerate loud drunken parties which is just fine by me, you can have fun with a respectful limit. The owners are two of the nicest people you can meet, others that have bad reviews just have seen them in a bad light but, don't know them as we do. This is a nice retreat in the Adirondacks and hope others get to experience this beautiful place and its surroundings.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank cuddlekim
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I didn't stay here and will NEVER stay here ~ the owners are very rude, ignorant and belligerent people and I wonder how they have been able to stay in business as long as they have. We dropped our daughter off with her cousin and we were told we had 5 minutes. The owner followed us on his golf cart and again reiterated we had 5 minutes. It took us at least 5 minutes to get to the site, unload her belongings and get her situated. We were there for 15 minutes and during that time the owner came back on his golf cart and another employee came by to make sure we were leaving. We pick up our daughter the next morning and my husband gets a verbal lashing ~ owner scolded him like he was a 5 year old ~ yelling at him and said he didn't follow the rules and he better be gone in 5 minutes or he will be escorted out. I'm not sure why the owner treated us the way he did, only loudly mentioning that those were his rules and something about losing his license. This type of treatment of customers is uncalled for and could have been handled more appropriately. I apologize to the owner and he then starts yelling at me. As a taxpayer in the town of Webb and my husband being self-employed, I'm appalled that a businessman such as these owners are allowed to treat customers that way. The place may look nice on the outside but it sure is ugly on the inside. People like this don't deserve our business.

• Stayed: August 2012
17  Thank Tinkytown
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My husband and our 2 teenage kids stayed at Singing Waters Campground this past weekend and I have to say we really enjoyed it. The place is kept very clean. We had a river site which was beautiful. You can take tubes down the river which was a blast. The bathrooms were always clean. Before we made reservations I was a little hesitant with reading some negative reviews but I have to say I don't quite understand the bad reviews. It was one of the nicest campgrounds we have stayed at and we have camped all over. There are some rules but who doesn't have rules! It has to be hard work to run a campground and keep everything under control. We loved it and would definately go back. For us it was much better than staying at the Old Forge campground.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family