“Ducky's are dangerous”

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ducky's are dangerous”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Due to the low water level we weren't going white water rafting but using ducky's. They are inflatable kayaks which you on sit top of, not in . They were difficult to maneuver. Hard to move around on because the back support got in the way. I was thrown out of the raft twice and my husband once. The guides were in hard Kayaks. I won't use a ducky again. There wasn't any comfortable position to sit on it, and when you tried to change positions you felt like that you were going to get throw out of. Next time check to see what kind of raft they are going out on in low water.

Visited August 2013

Gulfport, Florida
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“It's a challenge!”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I bought the deal a year ago & we weren't able to go until this spring. I had been on a rafting trip on the Black River but was in a raft with several other people & a guide. We drove 2 hrs to Old Forge & were informed that we would be in a 2 man raft by ourselves. We debated on going through with the trip even though there had been 8 year olds on this trip. However, being in your 60's is a different thing! We thought "How bad can it be?". We were given instructions, life jackets, paddles, helmets & a raft & bused to the river. There were 4 rapids to go through that day with a guide in the beginning & end of the group. I will say the rapids, as small as they looked were quite challenging to navigate through. I don't know if it was because most of the weight was in the front of our raft or not since we landed on top of a few rocks & had to do our "wiggle" off them as previously instructed! We hit "the wall" in the final rapid & flipped into the water as warned by our guide. My husband floated done the river & I sat on a rock until rescued by a fellow rafter! I will say this trip is not for the faint of heart & not for someone not in shape. It's a rush & a challenge that everyone should do once.

Visited May 2013