“Great, except... The smoking!!”

Enchanted Forest Water Safari
Ranked #3 of 18 things to do in Old Forge
More attraction details
Owner description: New York's Largest Water Theme Park with over 50 rides and attractions, including 32 heated water rides! While you're here, check out our newest ride, the Curse of the Silverback!
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Family had a great time. It was a chilly day so I was not packed and short lines. One staff member named Nikki was running Walters water slide, and she made it so fun for the kids!! My only complaint is that guests were smoking in non smoking areas. Staff members did not say anything to them either. Please address this with staff. Otherwise, we had a great time!!

General M, General Manager at Enchanted Forest Water Safari, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on the park. We're glad that you enjoyed our newest water slide & we'll be sure to share your positive comments with the ride operator! We're sorry that you found smoking to be an issue in the park - we pride ourselves in maintaining a fun, family-friendly environment, which is why we became smoke-free. I apologize that you did not find any help from the team members around you - we will be sure to look into this. Our management staff members are constantly out in the park to look out for issues such as this. Any concerns that you may have while at the park can be addressed if you bring them to the attention of the closest manager. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us & we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

yes the park is fun and the rides are pretty fun and you can bring coolers in the park but it needs more big thrilling rides expect for a bowl ride do not expect anything thrilling for a long time it can take 3 years to make a new ride. and they said a children's ride was open but it was not going to open until a few weeks from when i visited. and finally the park cares about it's history.

General M, General Manager at Enchanted Forest Water Safari, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review! We want to be sure you're aware of all the park has to offer - in addition to the Silverback, we have Killermanjaro, Nairobi Narrows, The Black River & Rondaxe Run as well as The Shadow - all rides that are geared towards adults seeking the thrill factor! We're sorry that Walter's Wild Slide (our newest ride) was not open during your visit - it is now open and has no height requirements - adults can ride with children! Again, thank you for your feedback - we hope that you come back to see us again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

First of all this was a lot better than the last waterpark I went to. Now I just want to give a few tips to anyone that goes for the first time. First of all you must absolutely should get a room nearby, cause if you go in the park after 3pm they will give you a pass for the next day as well. So its almost like getting two days for the price of one admission. For only 29.95 its worth it. You also can get discounted tickets for 25.00 at Price Chopper supermarkets. The park hours are usually 10-7. So, for the first day we went on the dry rides since there wasn't that many of them. Then on the second we went on the water rides and they were a blast. If you don't like to walk a lot they do have a train ride that takes you from one side of the park to the other side. There is also this Circus show that was really good. I would really recommend going. A big thumbs up.

4  Thank Richard B
General M, General Manager at Enchanted Forest Water Safari, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at the park and that you were able to take advantage of our Siesta Savings! We really appreciate your positive feedback and we hope that you'll come back & visit us again soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My bf and I didn't make it to Enchanted Forest this year (due to a medical condition) so I'm basing my review of how our visit was last year - the park is split between water rides, a small amusement park and an even smaller zoo. Of course, I want to say most people are there for the water park but you have options! Be prepared to do a lot of walking, climbing stairs and - of course - waiting, because this place is ALWAYS packed during the summer. If you bring personal belongings, the park offers a small fee for a locker which is refunded to you at the end of your day. They also have multiple picnic areas and pavilions for larger families. And even though you're walking along paved pathways, the park doesn't allow water shoes - that's kind of a bummer for those of us with tender feet!

General M, General Manager at Enchanted Forest Water Safari, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Hi - thank you for your review! We don't want you to think that water shoes are not allowed in the park - water shoes are permitted in the park for the comfort of our guests. There are water slides that cannot permit footwear due to the fact that shoes could get caught on the slide. On those slides, we invite you to leave your shoes at the bottom of the ride so you will be able to put them back on at the end. There are rides that can permit footwear: Lake Nakura, Safari River Expedition, Tidal Wave Pool, The Amazon & The Log Jammer. We hope this information will help you in future visits! Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback & we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

For the safety of the guests, I wish they had mandatory drug-testing for their STAFF... and Zero Tolerance. My 'last' visit, I witnessed a young female staff member driving a small maintenance vehicle who was positively reeking of Marijuana. Complete with red glassy, makeup-smeared eyes. I had waved her down to ask a question about a new ride and she told me I should ask somebody else. I asked her who I should ask, and she responded "Anybody else". With a smile...I'll give her that. Then drove away. She wasn’t ‘new’, I had seen her the previous year when she helped one of the kids in my party into a cart ride. My party won't be going back. It is a beautiful place, but periodic drug-testing of the staff should be a requirement for employment and guest safety. In my opinion.

2  Thank Becky B
General M, General Manager at Enchanted Forest Water Safari, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Hi - We're very sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience when visiting the park. Our business has a zero tolerance policy on drugs and alcohol in the work place. The type of behavior that you witnessed is not something that we accept and could have been stopped right away had it been brought to the attention of the nearest manager at the time. Please be assured that this matter is being looked into - we want everyone, guests & employees alike to have a safe & fun day while here! Having said that, we really appreciate your business and hope that you will re-think your decision to visit the park again.