“Very enjoyable - & we'll be back!”

Clark's Beach Motel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Old Forge
Rochester, New York
“Very enjoyable - & we'll be back!”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at Clark's Beach - we had a lakeside upper room with screened porch overlooking the beautiful lake, the public park and the swimming beach. Our room had an Adirondack decor, was very clean and cozy. The screened porch was great - the night we arrived there was a concert in the park and we could sit on our porch and sip a glass of wine while being entertained! Ginny, the General Manager, was so very friendly and helpful, giving us suggestions for restaurants, etc. It was just the kind of restful vacation we had hoped for and we certainly will be back!

Room Tip: Upper lakeside rooms have great view of the lake & public park. We were there on a Sunday &...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Barbara S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Clearwater, fl
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We arrived on Friday afternoon and found that we could barely drive through the parking lot to park in front of our room[Durango] spaces are too tight and corners too sharp. Air conditioner was broken but replaced within 5 hours. Awesome. The bathroom was filthy, blood spots on the curtains, dead LARGE bugs on the floor, hair in the bathtub - reported and cleaned 3 hours later. The next morning [no coffee makers in the rooms started my day off with NOT a smile] and I had 11 bites in one area behind my knee and 4 on my back. Great. Reported and new mattress cover, sheets replaced in 5 hours. WHY should I have to continue to report what should be automatically done? FILTHY accommodations, dirty carpeting and thank GOD I brought Lysol & Febreze... For $129 a night this was a deadbeat, dirty, filthy, room.

Room Tip: Seems to be a constant party in the parking lot....all night.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank TravelingTishie
Owner13420, Owner at Clark's Beach Motel, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
I was very disappointed to read this review. We strive to have complete guest satisfaction and to address guest problems in a timely manner. I immediately checked the mentioned room today and did not find that the curtains or the carpets were dirty. We have upgraded our rooms on a continued basis and this room had it's carpet replaced on June 30. Coffee is always available in our lounge area in the morning. Being in the Central Adirondack Woods, we have insects throughout the area, they do bite people and in spite of our best efforts, can get into our rooms . We can't completely control them. I am sure that the insect bites were received in the out of doors and not in her room. We are located on the Public waterfront and promptly report noise complaints to the local police when they occur in the evening hours. IE: ;"all night party" I am sorry that this guest had a bad experience.

Travellers are raving about these Old Forge hotels

Camden, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2010

We stayed here and were happy enough with the accomadations. It's only minutes to everything there is to do in Old Forge. It's an older motel and like any water side accomadation kind of Campy. We met the Manager and were taken by her friendliness.
If you are going to Old Forge to 'Stay In The Motel', there may be nicer ones than this one. But for the money and convienence this if very nice.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Richfield Springs, New York
Reviewed 12 July 2010

well my wife, our son who turned two on the trip, & myself thought that Clark's Beach Motel was a great place to stay. price was very reasonable. it was located right in the middle of old forge. we walked to everything, & anywhere we wanted to go. we also enjoyed the pool area. our son loves to swim. parking was great, they numbered all the parking spots to the room where you stayed. we plan on going back to old forge next year & this would be the place we stay at again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We go as a group every year in July to Old Forge and we stay every year at Clark's Beach. The year range for the kids is 8-15 and they LOVE the pool, since the weather is touch and go in Old Forge we never know what to expect. So the indoor heated pool is great! Also we go as a group of 6 to 10 people and we only have to get 1 room! either the room with 3 double beds or the Condo works great for us. Also the location is GREAT, right across from Old Forge pond..we can walk to rivetts to get a boat, or to the beach, or Enchanted Forest Water Safari and then the concerts at the lake, we dont even have to leave our room, we just sit on the porch. The staff there has always been friendly and great to us, last year we left a video recorder in our room after we left, they found it and mailed it to us! Every year we ask the kids if they want to go somewhere else and they say nope. See you in a couple of weeks!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2010

This motel is a dump!!!! When we first arrived we checked in at the front desk. The lady who checked us in was very pleasant. When I had called and made reservations I had requested a king bed with a balcony overlooking the lake. After she gave us our keys we drove to our room. To our surprise I did not get the room that I requested. The room was a lower level room with no balcony and it had double queen size beds. On one of the beds there was something nasty brown colored all over the cheezy bed spread. The toilet in the bathroom did not flush. After using the bathroom and observing all this I finally decided I would call the front desk and let them know this isn't what I had requested. I almost wasn't going to cause the lady at the front desk was so nice. But I finally came to the realization that I was paying a lot of money for this dump and we should be satisfied. When I called the lady at the front desk she was very apologetic and she put us in the room that I had originally requested. This room was a tiny bit better but not by much. ha. It at least had a tiny flat screen tv, a balcony, and a toilet that flushed. But the rooms were small and were not very clean smelling. The linens smelled like they were not even clean. The balcony was so old and felt very unsafe to be standing on. They were not updated at all. The rooms did not look like they did online. So my boyfriend and I tried to overlook it we were just happy to be away. But the icing on the cake came later that evening when we got back to our room after dinner. We basically had the hotel to ourselves being that it was off season. The only other room filled was right next to us. All of a sudden we could hear the people next to us fighting through the wall. The walls were paper thin. We had our air conditioner and tv on and still could hear them. We then decided to go sit out on our balcony and we could not enjoy that cause the people next to us were slapping each other around and screaming and swearing at each other. It was such a joke. I felt right then we were staying at a drug motel. I immediatly tried calling the front desk to complain. I just wanted my money back and wanted to leave. So when I called the front desk I got no awnser. The front desk closed apparently at 9 pm. So we were stuck there. When I opened the door to see if I could see if the front desk lights were on the sketchy looking lady that was fighting with her man was outside and saw me. She asked if I had a phone she could use. I said nope and shut the door. I did not rest very easy the rest of the night. Ha. I will never ever go back to Clarks beach motel. I would not reccomend it to anyone. Ha. One other funny thing. When we told the bartender that waited on us at the bar and grill next door where we were staying she said we picked the WORST place to stay in Old Forge. Lol.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tadevey
Groton
Reviewed 13 October 2009

Stayed over Columbus Day Weekend. Location is great! The rooms were clean, but in poor repair! It looked as though they had attempted to upgrade the rooms...but ran out of money and stopped! The toilet paper holder (which cost all of $2.00)...was hanging off the wall....the cheap mini-blinds (which cost $3.00) were broken and hanging! And all of this for over $100.00 per night! Don't think we'll stay there again for that much money...if it cost $60.00 maybe!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Eagle Bay
Marina Motel
Marina Motel
#1 of 6 in Inlet

Been to Clark's Beach Motel? Share your experiences!