“Great place to stay”

Clark's Beach Motel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Old Forge
Reviewed 20 October 2008

we stayed there for the week of fire school. The place was neat and clean. The people were great to deal with. No hassel.
they were very help full with our needs. I will be there again next year. Not a lot to say other than the people were great and it was a real nice place to stay. Grounds, building and rooms were neat and clean. Looking forward to going back. Jerry Kleehammer, Lima Fire Dept.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 20 September 2008

We spent from Thursday through Sunday at the hotel for the Old Forge Firefighters school weekend. It was the best. This is our second year there and we have already booked another four rooms for next years event. Ginny is the greatest and very accommodating.
I especially enjoyed the indoor pool and had such a good time just relaxing there. Had time for a swim and then coffee afterwards and no interruptions.
We have enjoyed the motel as I said for the past two years and find all the rooms comfortable. The cleaning staff are most accommodating and everything is neat.
It is especially nice that we are able to have rooms next to each other and can sit out on the chairs out front to enjoy each others company while just relaxing. Everything is within walking distance from the motel and we find that a plus.

Denise and Jim Snyder, Lima, NY

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 20 September 2008

This is the 3rd time I stayed in this motel. The rooms and grounds are kept clean. The staff is friendly, outgoing and helpful. I would recommend this motel to anyone traveling to Old Forge.

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 30 August 2008

I thought Clark's was great. The room was spacious, the indoor pool was nice, and the game room with ping pong table and pool table was a nice touch. The refrigerator was big and new and we had a screened in spacious porch. This was nice for the kids. They also have a sitting area with fireplace, free coffee and access to a microwave. One of the best things, you could literally view the lake from our bed. Like the motel setting. Parking is right in front of the door and carrying stuff in and out is not troublesome. Being the owner of upstateshopping.com, I travel alot and give reviews of hotels, motels and restaurants based on how I see them.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 18 July 2008

We spent three days and nights at Clark's Beach in mid-July. It was a great place to stay. The room was huge and comfortable. Only two things that bothered me....1--the game room didn't work well. It had 4 games and a pool table. 3 of the games didn't work and my kids would have loved to play them. 2--when the room was cleaned daily, the beds weren't made up by the housekeeping staff. I would have liked that. Other wise it was great and we plan to return next year. My kids ages 18, 10 and 9 LOVED the pool. We spent most of our time there. We had our portable DVD player and my younger son enjoyed sitting in the game room watching a DVD and drawing. All in all, I would highly recommend it to anyone. Thanks to all there for making it great.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2007

We went up to Old Forge to get married. After being togther for 15 years, we thought it was time to git r done! I checked out some hotels/motels and found Clark's Beach to be the most reasonable. Being 2 hours away, I was in contact with Ginny (who is AWESOME!) She gave me the name of a justice, where to go for nice pictures etc...The day we were getting married, it was calling for rain. Ginny even had a back up place (just in case) without me even asking her. She is the best. The rooms were clean and did not smell. We had a room which was the upper view of the lake. We spent time on the screened in porch overlooking the lake. The deer walked right in front of the room. The indoor pool was clean and warm. There is a microwave and the coffee is brewing all the time in a room by the front desk. I highly recommend the Clark's Beach to anyone. It is in walking distance to everything. Great location. They even have a book of the restaurants in the area with their menus! We'll defiintely be back again!

Thanks Ginny!
YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!
"The Newleyweds"

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank lmmpc
Reviewed 25 August 2007

I booked a room at this hotel for a trip with four grandchildren. Chose it on the basis of advertising and thought it was directly on the beach .. NOT across the street from the Public Beach. The room smelled and was so cramped! There was a rollaway which we requested. There was NO room to unroll it! ... I went back to the front desk and mentioned that one of my granddaughters had asthma and we could not stay in that room. Ginny offered another room,but i declined and she was MOST gracious and did not charge for the room ... No penalty. I wish that the motel was as pleasant as Ginny. Unfortunately,that's far from the case.

Stayed: July 2006
Pine Knoll Lodge & Cabins Inc
Marina Motel
Marina Motel
#1 of 6 in Inlet

Been to Clark's Beach Motel? Share your experiences!