Clarks Beach Motel
Great Pines(Old Forge)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$91
Agoda.com
19th Green Motel(Old Forge)
Christy's Motel(Old Forge)
Forge Motel(Old Forge)
  • Breakfast included
Priceline
All reviewsscreened porchgreat indoor poolyearly vacationwarm roomwalking distance to shopsold forge pondnext yearin towna great place to staybeds were comfortablenew ownersoverlooking the lakewater parkheathermotelsnowmobilesoap
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2010

well my wife, our son who turned two on the trip, & myself thought that Clark's Beach Motel was a great place to stay. price was very reasonable. it was located right in the middle of old forge. we walked to everything, & anywhere we wanted to go. we also enjoyed the pool area. our son loves to swim. parking was great, they numbered all the parking spots to the room where you stayed. we plan on going back to old forge next year & this would be the place we stay at again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We go as a group every year in July to Old Forge and we stay every year at Clark's Beach. The year range for the kids is 8-15 and they LOVE the pool, since the weather is touch and go in Old Forge we never know what to expect. So the indoor heated pool is great! Also we go as a group of 6 to 10 people and we only have to get 1 room! either the room with 3 double beds or the Condo works great for us. Also the location is GREAT, right across from Old Forge pond..we can walk to rivetts to get a boat, or to the beach, or Enchanted Forest Water Safari and then the concerts at the lake, we dont even have to leave our room, we just sit on the porch. The staff there has always been friendly and great to us, last year we left a video recorder in our room after we left, they found it and mailed it to us! Every year we ask the kids if they want to go somewhere else and they say nope. See you in a couple of weeks!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2010

This motel is a dump!!!! When we first arrived we checked in at the front desk. The lady who checked us in was very pleasant. When I had called and made reservations I had requested a king bed with a balcony overlooking the lake. After she gave us our keys we drove to our room. To our surprise I did not get the room that I requested. The room was a lower level room with no balcony and it had double queen size beds. On one of the beds there was something nasty brown colored all over the cheezy bed spread. The toilet in the bathroom did not flush. After using the bathroom and observing all this I finally decided I would call the front desk and let them know this isn't what I had requested. I almost wasn't going to cause the lady at the front desk was so nice. But I finally came to the realization that I was paying a lot of money for this dump and we should be satisfied. When I called the lady at the front desk she was very apologetic and she put us in the room that I had originally requested. This room was a tiny bit better but not by much. ha. It at least had a tiny flat screen tv, a balcony, and a toilet that flushed. But the rooms were small and were not very clean smelling. The linens smelled like they were not even clean. The balcony was so old and felt very unsafe to be standing on. They were not updated at all. The rooms did not look like they did online. So my boyfriend and I tried to overlook it we were just happy to be away. But the icing on the cake came later that evening when we got back to our room after dinner. We basically had the hotel to ourselves being that it was off season. The only other room filled was right next to us. All of a sudden we could hear the people next to us fighting through the wall. The walls were paper thin. We had our air conditioner and tv on and still could hear them. We then decided to go sit out on our balcony and we could not enjoy that cause the people next to us were slapping each other around and screaming and swearing at each other. It was such a joke. I felt right then we were staying at a drug motel. I immediatly tried calling the front desk to complain. I just wanted my money back and wanted to leave. So when I called the front desk I got no awnser. The front desk closed apparently at 9 pm. So we were stuck there. When I opened the door to see if I could see if the front desk lights were on the sketchy looking lady that was fighting with her man was outside and saw me. She asked if I had a phone she could use. I said nope and shut the door. I did not rest very easy the rest of the night. Ha. I will never ever go back to Clarks beach motel. I would not reccomend it to anyone. Ha. One other funny thing. When we told the bartender that waited on us at the bar and grill next door where we were staying she said we picked the WORST place to stay in Old Forge. Lol.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tadevey
Reviewed 13 October 2009

Stayed over Columbus Day Weekend. Location is great! The rooms were clean, but in poor repair! It looked as though they had attempted to upgrade the rooms...but ran out of money and stopped! The toilet paper holder (which cost all of $2.00)...was hanging off the wall....the cheap mini-blinds (which cost $3.00) were broken and hanging! And all of this for over $100.00 per night! Don't think we'll stay there again for that much money...if it cost $60.00 maybe!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2009

My husband and I visit Old Forge at least four times per year, and each time have made Clark's Beach Motel our place to stay. We reserve a room overlooking the lake with a screened in porch so we can enjoy our complimentary cup of coffee while taking in nature's beauty. The rooms are clean and comfortable with no frills. The employees are always courteous and helpful with anything we may need, Our grandhcildren love the well kept indoor pool and attached game room which comes in very handy when the weather is bad. You can walk everywhere--to restaurants, shopping, boat rentals, the Enchanted Forest, or just sit by the lake and take in the view. We love Clark's Beach Motel.

Steven and Valerie Bagshaw