“Well Worth the Re-Visit”

and 1 more site!
Pine Knoll Lodge & Cabins Inc
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Old Forge
Copake
“Well Worth the Re-Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2010

My husband and I just spent the weekend at Pine Knoll. We were t here in the winter when the new owners (Jim & Robin Baker) had just moved in. We have to say what a great job they've done since we were there with re-decorating the motel. The rooms capture the adironack look with the new curtains and bedspreds. We loved the wooden chairs and tables that were outside the rooms. You can see that the owners take pride in their place by the cleanliness of the rooms and how well kept the outside grounds are. They are very accommodating to their guests. They do everythng they can to make sure you have a pleasant vacation.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2010

The location of Pine Knoll Lodge is perfect, right on the lake. It was amazing waking up and sipping coffee overlooking the lake. It was so easy to access the lake, no hauling around jet ski or boating equipment.
The rooms are clean and quiet. The no smoking rooms mean you won't have to put up with leftover stench of someone smoking, a big plus when you want to experience the freshness of the Adirondacks. Its typical Adirondack style, which you may or may not like, but is comforting nonetheless.
The owners are friendly and so helpful. They really take in your needs and just want to make your vacation special and easy. We have stayed at other Adirondack lake hotels, and this is the best. We are planning to go again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Bolton Landing, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2010

I had not been to Old Forge since childhood, and I was very glad for having gone there. Pine Knoll Lodge was a gem within the village. Robin & Jim were very welcoming, making myself and my friend instantly comfortable. They even let me plug in some freezers each night.( I work with ice cream) The rooms were clean as could be, even to the point of feeling like I was "messing" them up. The kitchenette was a great surprise. The location is in the heart of the village, within walking distance to everything important, but watch out for the deer on people's front lawns. It was too cold for swimming, but the dock and water looked very inviting. I have already made my reservation for my next trip. Will go swimming next time, even if it is cold! This is exactly what I think of when I think of Central Adirondack Hospitality.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Waterbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2010

Very nice lodge with ambience - Robin & Jim are great hosts!
Large clean room with an eff.kitchenette, stove, fridge, microwave, sink and a coffeemaker. They even have free wireless internet, so we were able to surf the web. The a/c was cold and we couldn't ask for more! We had a nice balcony overlooking first lake, and just steps away from the beach area and Rivetts Marina. An absolute bargin- we are planning to go back to Old Forge in a couple weeks with friends and we will definately be staying at Pine Knoll again!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Clifton Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2010

This May was our fourth time staying at Pine Knolls Lodge and Cabins, mainly for the convenience to the Paddlefest on the Lake in Old Forge. There was one big difference this time though and that is that it has new owners, Robin and Jim. I have to say they are perfect hosts and friendly as can be. We felt like we made the right choice right from the beginning. The improvements Robin and Jim have made in Pine Knolls are great, everything is being spruced up and made squeeky clean, which is very important in my book! Our room overlooked the lake and the festivities at Paddlefest and the type of people who stayed next to us made the stay even more enjoyable. I think these are the kind of people a place like Pine Knolls attracts. My brother and I will be staying there again whenever we go to Old Forge!

• Stayed May 2010
Cleveland, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2010

Wow, where to start. Everything is right there. You can rent a boat, canoe, or kayak next door. You could see a movie less than 5 minutes away walking. The absolute best place for dinner is Billy's which is less than 10 minutes away walking. The view of the lake from Pine Knoll is incredible. It's very soothing to wake to the call of the loons and to see the deer both mornings we were there. The room is very modern and uncommonly clean. You can see the pride the owners take in there property. I seen nothing out of place, hanging off the building, or in need of repair. You won't be able to find any trash on the grounds anywhere, not even a cigarette butt. The room had a fresh smell upon entry, not like some of the places we had all stayed in at least one time during our travels, that smelled musty. Robin is very sweet and warm. I am sure you will enjoy your trip as much as we had. Once in a while you find a place like Pine Knoll,,, And you will never forget it.... Brian & Diana Clark

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Utica NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2010

While in Old Forge if you are looking for a true delight don't over look The Pine Knoll Lodge and Cabins on lake shore road right on the lake. We stayed right in one of the cabins overlooking the lake we had our own private front porch with two of the most comfortable adirondack chairs.Inside the cabin was clean and comfortable with full bathroom nice kitchen with 4 burner stove sink and fridge,microwave ,coffee pot all the estentails you need.The beds are comfy and the fireplace is a big bonus. Also being able to control your own furnace is nice We had some deer come right down to the lake and play in the water which was nice to see. Quiet and clean what a get away and owners Jim and Robin are two of the nicest people we have meet they made our stay for our 25th anniversary a big hit thanks again and we will stay again and HIGHLY reccomend your hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Forge
#8 of 12 in Old Forge
Clark's Beach Motel
Clark's Beach Motel
#10 of 12 in Old Forge

Been to Pine Knoll Lodge & Cabins Inc? Share your experiences!