“escape to the mountains”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Old Forge
The Haynes White House Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Old Forge B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“escape to the mountains”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed at the White House Inn last summer and am counting down the days 'til we go back. Every morning, my family and I were greeted by the lovely inn keeper, Margaret, fresh coffee and breakfast, followed by a comfortable morning of relaxation on the side porch. The home is so well-kept, beautifully decorated with touches of Adirondack life. The Inn is convenient to everything! Plus, there is mini golf just next door - so much fun, followed by the best ice cream. Overall a wonderful time away from the hustle and bustle of New York City :). Thank you, Margaret!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cjrullman

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
ROCHESTER
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I had never stayed at a B&B, and I was absolutely thrilled. The 1920's home is beautiful, clean and absolutely charming. The bed was very comfortable with lovely linens. Margaret did everything to make our stay perfect. Being on the Main St., it was within walking distance of many restaurants and shops. I highly recommend it, and can't wait to return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DOROTHY G
Utica, New York
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was my first time staying at a B & B and I absolutely adored it. The rooms were cute, with everything we could need, she had a different color robe in all the rooms. I went up with my my and my boyfriend. we shared a bathroom with my mom which was absolutely fine because we had a sink right in our room! Ms. Margaret makes a wonderful breakfast each morning, and coffee while you are waiting. She gives you a key to the house in case you plan on staying out late. Overall she is just so nice and sweet, it felt like I was staying at a grandmother's house I was so comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Anastasia C
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The White House Inn is a great place to stay. It is a beautiful home which is conveniently located to just about everything in Old Forge...grocery store, gas stations, shops, restaurants, trails, kayak/canoe rentals, etc. The rooms are super-clean and the breakfast is great. The best part about staying at the White House Inn is Margaret, the owner. She has a wonderful sense of humor, is knowledgeable about the area, and makes you feel right at home...you know your stay is going to be a good one.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have private baths.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Buffalo
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This was our first time at a B & B. This home is beautiful, very clean, and comfortable. Margaret made us fell like family. The rooms are beautifully decorated, beds are comfortable, walking distance to everything in town from dining, kayak and canoe rental, shopping and dining . We wlll definitely recommend this b & b to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Ashburn
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I can't say enough good things about Margaret and the White House B&B. The location is fantastic - on Main Street, in easy walking distance to downtown Old Forge. The house itself is beautiful, originally built in the 20's and recently renovated. The rooms are gorgeous, with great views, comfortable bed, and all the amenities. There is a big side porch to relax on. But best of all is Margaret, who makes you feel at home from the moment you step in the door, She goes to great lengths to make sure you are comfortable, and makes a yummy and filling breakfast too! Thanks Margaret - I hope to be back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank kanadana
Hellertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Staying here made us feel like we were visiting a favorite elderly aunt. The house is charmingly decorated with family antiques and memorabilia. The b&b is located on Main Street in Old Forge - Tickner's Canoe is less than a block away, so it's a great location for kayakers. Downtown Old Forge, with its restaurants and shops, is just a short walk away. The property is called White House Inn, if you are looking for it under Old Forge or Bed and Breakfast websites!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
#11 of 12 in Old Forge
Marina Motel
Marina Motel
#1 of 6 in Inlet

Been to The Haynes White House Inn? Share your experiences!