“Immaculate”
Review of Blue Spruce Motel

Blue Spruce Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Forge
Blue Spruce Motel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Old Forge
Western Ny
“Immaculate”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Was fortunate to get the last room here, and it was a very pleasant stay. The clerk was very nice, rate was resort-affordable, and the accommodations were absolutely IMMACULATE! The bedding was also quite comfortable and looked new as well as the carpeting. Bathroom sparkled, although toilet paper was near the end of roll. A nice pool area but weather was in the 60s, so didn't try it. Would definitely return when in the area!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank vacationshopper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2013

After all the positive reviews I expected more. First off, I had to clean the bathroom cupboard before putting my blow dryer away (there was stuff in the cupboard, not sure what it was, but I cleaned it out). Secondly, our 2nd night there we ran out of toilet paper. I had to run across the street to Fast Trac to get some (the office was closed). I don't know why they didn't replenish the toilet paper when they cleaned the room the 2nd day. Thirdly, they close the pool early.My daughters and niece wanted to go swimming after dinner, so I asked the owner what time do they close the pool and she said 8pm. I would not recommend this motel. My family and I will never go back.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 1 (especially on the weekend), it's right next to the main road and it'...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tucketjean
bspruce, Owner at Blue Spruce Motel, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Sorry you did not enjoy your visit.
I greatly apologize for things not being perfect..Once in a while we do forget a few things, we are not perfect but we do try hard. I wish you would have come to me I would have been happy to get you any thing you needed and take care of things. As far as the pool there is no night swimming & we do have the close the pool at dark & the time is posted out at the pool. We do try to keep it open later if the sun allows, however sunset this time of year is 8pm.

Respectfully,
Dianne
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed here last year with my boyfriend and his son. I randomly picked it and it was good luck! It was clean, and the beds were comfy. The water pressure in the shower was amazingly strong! It was quiet, though we did stay there on a Wednesday, so it was pretty deserted. This motel is exactly what you would expect from an Adirondack motel. It was simple and clean. I'll definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Katerivandamme
Arizona
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This place got good reviews I found it in pretty bad shape.
First they scanned my license and who knows what they 're going to do with it. Very invasive into my privacy at a time when ID fraud is rampant.
Second it was Very noisy, bedding very old and mattress bad. No microwave, tiny decades old tv stuck to the wall. Shower very bad nozzle at my waist weird tub have to stand in the drain. Signs to conserve energy and water.... not my problem... plenty of water Adirondacks is a swamp.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

I wasn't sure what to expect but reading reviews got me to try it. I was very impressed the owners very nice . I figured it would be a small room but wow a big room and Clean as a whistle. I have stayed all over New York State and this is the best by far . the price is excellent location great helpful information in office for neighborhoods near. I will return many more times and not be concerned its a great place. They have a pool for summer that will be fun !.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank seenewyorkstate
Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Stayed here on a getaway weekend this property is located in the heart of the Old Forge village convenient to anything that you'd like to go in Old Forge. The rooms are clean, thoughtfully arranged and extremely comfortable. The inn keeper is very pleasant and heartily recommend that you stop here for a visit...

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BostonTraveler99
Reviewed 19 December 2012

What a pleasure to arrive at a clean convenient hotel. The owners make sure that your pleased great place ! I will pass this treasure on to all great spot indeed. I will always stay here and not chance a vacation this is a great place.

• Stayed December 2012
Pine Knoll Lodge & Cabins Inc
Big Moose Inn
Big Moose Inn
#1 of 1 in Eagle Bay

Been to Blue Spruce Motel? Share your experiences!