“Needs new mattress”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Old Forge
Wellsville
“Needs new mattress”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Although the staff there is great, the room (#28) is in need of attention. Both beds were terrible! There was a valley in the middle and the springs poked in the ribs. Also, the wallpaper is peeling away from the walls. And they need to grout the tub again too. Might look nice from the outside but inside needs attention...sooner rather than later.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Wintergrl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Stayed over thanksgiving, great people made me feel at home and very accommodating, would recommend to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in old forge

• Stayed November 2011
Utica, New York
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Had a great weekend stay at the Lodge. The service was great, everyone was really great to me and my family.

We had been staying at 19th Green and decided to shop around for prices for this weekend getaway. Adirondack Lodge beat the 19th Green's price by $20 without any prompting from us.

The rooms are very clean, comfy beds, easy access if you get an outside room.
Continental breakfast is basic, which is fine for our family.

All in all the weekend was great and we'll be staying at the Adirondack Lodge from now on!
(Oh and the night desk manager is really beautiful!)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Colden H
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2011

After reading the reviews, we almost didn't book here. So glad we made up our own minds!!! The room was clean, the staff was not only helpful but made us feel like friends and family. Katie went above and beyond our expectations to make our weekend special. Would not hesitate to stay here again. We will see you next columbus day weekend! Thank you for everything.

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Barry L
Lincoln, California
Reviewed 4 October 2011

This place looks good from the outside but our room was dirty. It looked like the carpet had not been cleaned in ages. We certainly did not want to touch the blankets. The room numbers were paper signs taped on the door. The continental breakfast had cellophaned wrapped donuts.

The desk staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SusanP330
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 14 September 2011

When we arrived the entire room reeked of chlorine. We opened all the windows and left the room for a few hours. The smell was not as strong when we got back, but still not what you would expect a room to smell like. The bed was very uncomfortable. Very hard and not level. Their website (and desk clerk at time of booking) said they had free WiFi. There was no signal in our room. I told the desk clerk that night. She said that they had heard of some sort of problem but did not have anyone look into it and offered no estimate on when it would be fixed. They did offered me an ethernet cable which was unusable on my iPad. (If I had known they did not have WiFi, I would have brought an older laptop which could have used the cable.) They did have WiFi in the lobby, but this was inconvenient because our room was in a different building from the lobby and the weather was rainy. When I checked out the next day, I asked for some sort of discount because of the lack of WiFi in my room. They said that "This happens a lot in the Adirondaks" and there was nothing they could do about it. Well at least there was something that I could do about it -- leave this place and go to another motel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank aarfy
NyParrothead, Owner at Adirondack Lodge Old Forge, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
I'm sorry the Wi-Fi was not working during your stay. We do lose internet quite often in the mountains and the storms during your stay did knock out the signal in the entire town. This is an ongoing problem with the phone company.

I am concerned as to how you were treated at check-out. Surely the front desk clerk should have done something for you. I appoligize for that and will contact you seperately and try to make it right.

Again, I'm sorry this happened and hope you will return to the Adirondack Lodge Old Forge.

Sincerely, Arthur Kott, Owner Adirondack Lodge
Elbridge, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2011

My husband, myself, and our two children stayed at the Adirondack lodge for three nights. I can not tell you how relaxing a stay we had. We had a ground level queen room, decorated with adirondack motif, just steps away from the indoor pool, tennis courts, and outdoor gazebo. The gazebo was furnished with picnic tables and a grill. With a limited budget, we were not fortunate enough to dine out for every meal. We took advantage of the grill and cooked out two of the three evenings. The front desk even supplied the BBQ tools! Our stay also included a continental breakfast each morning, also helping to defray some extra dining costs. The front desk staff was very pleasant and accomodating. Katie and Susan (front desk women) went out of their way providing information about Old Forge, restaurant suggestions, and excursions. Definitely try The Enchanted Forest water Safari, the scenic chair lift ride, and the Old Forge lake cruises!!!!! Over all I can't wait to come back to the Lodge next summer. I believe we have just started a family tradition!!!!!!

Room Tip: My only suggestion would be to make reservations in advance, they were booked the three days we were...