“Comfortable and friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Old Library Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Olean
The Old Library Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Olean B&B and Inns
Dahlonega, Georgia
“Comfortable and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

I had my wedding reception at the Old Library Events, next door to the Old Library Bed and Breakfast. It was wonderful to have the Bed and Breakfast next door, especially when we were getting ready and after the reception. The staff was gracious and were more than happy to accommodate myself and my family. They made us an excellent breakfast every morning and were helpful with the small details, such as making sure my dress was hung up, the sidewalk was clear after an unexpected snow storm, my family had everything we needed for the wedding. It was a great experience and in the end it felt like they were a apart of our family!

Room Tip: Room #1 is huge! My parents stayed in this suite and it was very spacious for two people
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank chishols

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

Although born and raised in Olean, my wife and I now live in San Diego; and went to Olean to visit friends and family. We stayed at the Old Libray B&B 8/7/12-8/8/12. We had the lower level suite. The owner Joe Mara greeted us when we arrived and was extermely gracious. The suite had a very nice family room area, a good size dining area, and a separate bedroom with attached bathroom. Both the family room and bedroom had televisions. There is a separate entrance which was great so we could come and go as we please. Everything was very clean and kept up. For those of you 5 star travelers (like my wife), just know that the air conditioning units do keep the suite cool; but are a bit noisy. Also understand that the lower level suite is a finished basement in an older home so you do notice that certain basement smell. Overall though, we slept great, the price was right, and the location is right in the center of Olean. The owners and staff are all wonderful people. Enjoy.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank John F
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

The bed and breakfast is located in a very old house. If you are expecting the Ritz Carlton then do not stay here, but if you are looking for a very nice bed and breakfast this is a good place. We stayed for three nights and enjoyed every minute. The staff was super friendly and very accommodating. Breakfast was cooked to your order. If they did not have something, they would try to get it for the next day. The room was nice, comfortable, and, clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

It has been a few years since my first review and we are just finishing up our stay. I wanted to take a minute to mention that they have addressed all of the points in my first review. The bathroom (same room) is now bright and has two outlets. The bedding is luxurious and even the purple carpet on the stairs is gone. The refinished hardwood is a much nicer welcome. We brought our 20 month old this time and they bent over backwards to accommodate us. The owners gave us their own pack and play for her to sleep in and they brought a high chair from the Old Library restaurant for her to eat her breakfast. The made to order breakfasts were served with a smile and the the price was very reasonable. Finally I have to praise the staff, they are all welcoming and make you feel right at home. I recommend this B&B for anyone traveling to Olean who wants to feel the history of the area.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank LsDano2
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I'm from Texas where southern hospitality is second nature so when I walked into the Old Library Inn and was immediately greeted by the owner/chef I felt like I was back in Texas even though I was in western New York. I'm not going to write a long review but the I sure did feel at home staying here. I won't forget to mention the 5 bottles of liqour and cooler of beer he brought for our party of four just so we'd feel welcome. Great place, I recommend it. - 25 year old Matt from Texas

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Matt B
Rochester, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

My two sisters and I needed some old home-town time together and we loved spending it in the beautiful Old Library Bed and Breakfast. Not exactly what one would think of as the place for a GIRLS GET AWAY WEEKEND. But, it worked for us. We loved it!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Anne C
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

We were very pleased with the facility, the staff and the food. Lois and Lisa go the extra mile. The house is beautiful and the location is ideal. Great made to order breakfasts. We will return!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jenn L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Holiday Inn Express Olean
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino

Been to The Old Library Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!