“Great hotel, nothing bad to say at all!”

Best Western Plus University Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Olean
Florida
“Great hotel, nothing bad to say at all!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We booked this hotel through Priceline, and we could not be happier about how our stay went.
It is in a nice area with quite a few places to eat or shop nearby.
The guy working the front desk was very friendly and helpful during our stay. There were complimentary cookies and water out in the lobby as well as newspapers.
The room was large and clean and very comfortable.
This hotel also had binders of movies available for you to check out during your stay (as there were DVD players in the room), and this was at no extra charge. My husband and I were in early so we ended up renting two movies and just relaxing for the evening.
The breakfast the next morning was nice as well, with lots of fruit, yogurt, cereal bars, bacon, and eggs to choose from.
We would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Yatin P, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
I personally would like to thank you for your business. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our movies. I do agree that it does add a more comfortable environment. I am also glad to hear you enjoyed our cookies. We hope you visit us again to try our other snacks throughout the seasons. I am very proud to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations. I will personally thank each and every one of them. Once again i would like to thank you for choosing our property and i look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Fort Wayne, Indiana, Usa
Reviewed 21 August 2013

this hotel was close to shopping and Resturants. Downtown was a short drive away, very excess able.The Staff was cordial and very helpful.The Rooms were neat and spacious. We found this to be a very nice hotel and close to where we had intended to go to visit.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I personally would like to thank you for your business. I am very happy to hear that our staff was very helpful and accommodating. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Olean. We know that there are many hotels that you can choose from. We are very glad that you chose us. On behalf of our entire team, we thank you and look forward to seeing you again.
Wooster, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

room was comfortable and bathroom roomy. Breakfast was outstanding and the staff very friendly. The only problem we had was other guests in the pool area being disrespectful and not following the rules.

1 Thank Heather W
Yatin P, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
I would like to personally thank you for choosing our hotel on your last visit to Olean. I am very glad to hear that everything in the hotel met your expectations. I do apologize that your experience in the swimming pool was not to your satisfaction. We do have a lot of summer traffic in and out of our property and sometimes the pool area can get crowded at times. We hope that it does not discourage you from staying with us again. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Olean.
ft lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in June 2013. I was attending my 50th Olean High School reunion. In another city I might not rate this hotel so high but there is not much to choose from in Olean and the Best Western is by far the best of the lot. Had a large room on the first floor near the lobby and it was quiet and quite comfortable. The breakfast lady is very friendly; if you need more of something, just ask her and she will try her best to accommodate you. The front desk people are also friendly and easy going. Remember you are in a small city and the employees have not necessarily seen the world. Parking is free and very safe. The hotel could use some refurbishment, it gets a lot of traffic and is probably full most of the time. I will stay here again next time I am in Olean unless something new is built.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jimtotravel
Thank you for choosing our hotel. I am glad to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel and that our staff was friendly and helpful. Your feedback is always helpful because we are always striving to improve our property. I will let my staff know that you have complemented them on their service. We hope to see you again so that we can provide you with another great stay in Olean.
Muskego, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The A/C wouldn't turn on until the thermostat was lowered to 62 degrees. Since it only went down to 60 degrees, the room never cooled off. When asked at check-out how our stay was, and I told the girl at the desk about it, all I got was I'm sorry, and I'll write it down for maintenance to take care of it. I felt we should have been offered some type of credit, or she should have asked if I wanted to discuss with the manager.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

3 Thank DENNIS S
Macedon, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stayed here one night while attending son's basketball tournament at St. Bonaventure Univ. Clean, well-maintained hotel. Good location near restaurants, stores and college. Beds comfortable and nice, adequate breakfast. Staff was friendly. Only problem was a group of softball players were loud and rowdy into the late hours of the night. Called front desk to complain, but noise continued. Front desk manager did give us a discount on our stay for the inconvenience upon checkout. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Elaine F
We appreciate you visiting our property. We do apologize that the soft ball team was a little rowdy. I personally apologize that the front desk staff did not offer you a discount. Our front desk staff has been trained to always be accommodating to guests. We strive to provide you with a great experience and we are very glad to hear that our property has met your standards. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.
netherlands
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We ended up at this hotel because it was one of few that still had a room available that night. The check in person was nice enough but really: stand up or sit up straight when talking to guests. Room was nice and clean. Enough restaurants and shops in the area. All in all an ok stay, I felt it was a bit overpriced but it was in line with the rest of the hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Babarage
Yatin P, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
We thank you for your time taken to complete this survey. I will speak with our staff about presentation in front of a guest. Sometimes the staff can get a little tired after a long shift, but that shouldn't affect the guest presentation. We are glad to hear that you found the room clean and well presented. We will continue to provide superior excellence and cleanliness. We hope to see you again. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
Holiday Inn Express Olean
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
The New Lantern Motel
The New Lantern Motel
#1 of 2 in Allegany

Been to Best Western Plus University Inn? Share your experiences!