US$159
EconoLodge
US$154
US$136
Priceline
All reviewsfront deskbest westernsnice propertyplace to staybeds were comfortableyogurtscrambled eggsclean hotelexcellent hotelacross the streetfree breakfastwould definitely stay here againright next doorgreat breakfastindoor poolconvenient locationother hotels
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed at the BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn while doing work in a nearby town. The hotel is easy to find on a main thoroughfare in Olean, not far from the University.

I checked in late but the folks at the desk were very friendly and efficient.

The room was a decent size and clean. I had the room with 2 double beds, the bed I slept in was OK, really not comfortable nor uncomfortable. The TV had plenty of channels for viewing. Internet was very good here. They had wired and wireless in the room, both worked well and were consistent and fast. There is a mini fridge and microwave that worked, but I did not use.

The bathroom was of good size. The shower had good temp control and good water pressure.

The workout room is only cardio equipment, with a treadmill and elliptical. If you need weights as a morning workout, this may not work for you.

The business center is a desktop at the front desk. I had needed to print out some documents and there was a printer - that was off - but worked fine when I turned it on.

They had cookies and/or soup in the lobby on some evenings there. I did not partake. They also had coffee available in the lobby all hours.

Breakfast was just average and did not really thrill me. Many of the hot items had just sat too long to be appetizing. The mini breakfast pizzas and the egg omelet pucks they served were just rubbery. Most days I had some fruit cocktail (which had no real flavor besides water), yogurt and a piece of toast.

There is something in the breakfast there that will suit almost anyone - breads, cereal, fruit yogurt, juice, cereal bars, and hot egg based product and breakfast meats.

I would stay again if working in the area. The price is very reasonable for all the amenities you get.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Yatin P, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the survey about your stay, I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel and hotel amenities to your liking, We hope to see you again in the future and hope that we continue to meet your expectations.

Yatin Patel

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This place is convenient, the staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are very clean. Zach, who checked us in, was very helpful also with suggesting places for dining. The breakfast was very good and the food was hot. We will stay here again when traveling in that area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Yatin P, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for providing your feedback, it helps us in providing the very best service to each and every guest. I will let Zach know of the great job that he is doing and thank him personally. It is good to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, we try hard to provide many options that will suit every guests needs and wants. I hope that you will visit us again this year or the next and we all thank you for your business.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel is perfect, the king suite with Jacuzzi. Perfect TV with movies to watch. Love the breadfast in the morning. So close to everything, from dining to shopping. The heated pool, and internet is a nice addition.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you again for choosing our hotel, I am very glad to here you enjoyed the suite and the Jacuzzi whirl pool. We strive to be the best hotel in Olean and your feed back allows us to always deliver the very best service to each guest. Once again thank you for providing your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were very pleased with our stay. The motel and our room were spotless. We didn't hear a sound in our room all night. The swimming pool was very nice and clean. The desk staff was very courteous and friendly. Unfortunately, I did not get the name of the lady who ran the breakfast buffet. She could not have been nicer or more helpful the morning of October 13. She seemed to work nonstop to keep the area tidy and well-stocked. I hope her employer appreciates her hard work and cheerful nature. Good hot coffee in the lobby at all hours was big plus.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking a survey about our property, the young lady that you met during breakfast that day was Irene, she is one of the best employees that we have, she is always willing to help guest in anyway possible. I will be sure to thank her for the great job she continues to do everyday. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The hotel and room were very clean. They offer lots of amenities like breakfast, free DVDs, snacks in the lobby, frig and microwave in the rooms. The staff is very helpful. They also have custom room service so you can get done only what you want done. I haven't seen this anywhere else. A great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am really glad to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations and that you truly enjoyed your stay. Our staff works really hard to deliver the very best service that we can provide and i will be sure to thank our team for the hard work they do. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.