“Olean Funeral”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Olean
Hyde Park, New York
“Olean Funeral”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My family and I have visited Olean Best Western several times. This time we came together there to celebrate the life of our father. The people at the Best Western there are always friendly and kind, but even more so this trip. The service people are wonderful, especially, Bill at the desk and Sue in the kitchen. They were all supportive and never once discouraged us from using the lobby as our ad hoc meeting place.

1 Thank TravelAlot088
Yatin P, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Let me start off by giving my condolences to you and your family for the loss of a family member.
Traveling under these circumstances can be very difficult and I’m very happy that our entire staff was able to make your stay a little bit better during these hard times. Our staff always looks at our guests as a part of our family and it is our pleasure to make you feel at home. I’ll be sure to thank our team for their continued great guest service they provide for our guests and on behalf of our entire team I want to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time on completing a review of your stay. Once again, thank you and we hope to see you again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Thorndale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Nice new accomodations and the rooms are nice and big. Very Clean and neat!! Front Desk (April) and breakfast person (Sue) did a great job along with being friendly!!! Breakfast food was good, but room was a bit congested,

Room Tip: get room on 2nd floor to avoid the noise from people starting their vehicles in the morning.
1 Thank wilsda51
Yatin P, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Let me start by saying thank you for choosing the Best Western during your visit to Olean, I am very happy to hear that you found both the hotel and your room to be inviting and clean. I am very happy that both April and Sue were able to make your stay that much better, i will be sure to thank both of them for the great jobs they are doing. Once again thank your for taking the time to complete a review and thank your for staying with us, we hope to see your again very soon.
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I had a good experience at this Best Western. The front desk was friendly and very helpful. My room was clean and the mattress was fine. Its in a good location to get to retail shops and area restaurants. I will be staying there again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank richardmC7794LA
Yatin P, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank your for taking the time for complete a TripAdvisor review and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I will thank all of our team for doing a great job and ensuring your room was clean and that check-in and checkout was simple during your stay. We all hope you choose to stay with us again and hope to see you very soon.
Ilion, New York
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We visit Olean often and always stay here. The accommodations are clean and family friendly.
Great location-close to resaurants/shopping. The staff is wonderful. Cindy was most helpful at the desk. The complimentary breakfast suits all. Sue does a great job making sure fresh
selections are replenished. We also like the workout room and the pool.

Room Tip: ask for first floor if you are travelling with an elder.
1 Thank Nancie C
Thank your for choosing our hotel and finding it to be the friendliest place in town, and thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our property, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Olean and that our team made your stay that much better, we always strive to provide the very best to every guest and i will thank our entire team for there dedication and hard work. We hope you choose to come back soon and stay with as again. Have a great day and visit us soon.
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My favorite part of staying at this hotel was the super friendly staff! Everyone was attentive and kind. Traveling with 3 children, you don't always get that! Sue, who seemed to run the continental breakfast, was especially sweet. She was willing to make special requests from my boys which I thought was nice. We spent a while at the pool and it was very clean. Our room was spacious and clean. I am particularly choosy about cleanliness and the only thing I could honestly say is my hair dryer was dusty like it hasn't been used or cleaned in a while. I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Cberard
Let me start off by thanking your for choosing our hotel during your stay in Olean, and Thank you for taking the time for complete a TripAdvisor survey. I am very happy to hear that you found out hotel clean and inviting, and will work closely to address the dust that you found on your hairdryer as well. Its great to hear that your family was able to enjoy our indoor swimming pool and that they had a great time. I will also be sure to thank Sue for the great service she was able to provide during your stay. On behalf of our entire team, Thank you again and we all hope to see you very soon.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Hotel was wonderful and I got an amazing deal through HotWire. The gentleman at the desk Bill was really wonderful and helpful. Sue was very friendly and the breakfast area looked great and the breakfast was really good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Michelle K
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor survey, and thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Olean. I am very happy to hear that your enjoyed our complimentary hot buffet breakfast, and i will be sure to thank both Sue and Bill for the great jobs they are doing everyday. On behalf of our entire team i would like to say thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Hilton, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Bgreat place to stay. Front desk was very helpful with any problems (april) and they have DVR players for movies that they offer free. Breakfast was good and fresh. Other then what I thought was a bit high for a Best Western price wise it was an enjoyable stay

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Steven B
Yatin P, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in Olean, as well as taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review of your stay. I am very happy to hear that April was very helpful and did a great job with trying to help with your DVD player, I will thank her for the great job she does every day. On behalf of our entire team here, we would like to thank you again and we all hope to see you again very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
Holiday Inn Express Olean
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville

Been to Best Western Plus University Inn? Share your experiences!