“Very Clean and Great Customer Service”

Holiday Inn Express Olean
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Olean
Houston, Texas
“Very Clean and Great Customer Service”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

On my way home to TX after a three month stay in NY. The room was clean, comfy bed, quiet.
Great customer service. Carol was great and helped me with an early check-in and finding a room to my liking. I was amazed at how clean the entire hotel was!

My only negative was the TV reception was sometimes an issue with no signal or poor picture. I was so tired I really didn't mind! The Internet was great and I spent time on my iPad instead of watching TV.

My son is a food and beverage director at a Hilton so I know a good hotel and this really filled my need.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Sweitzer11, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Thank you for your great comments and feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! It is great to hear guest comments especially about our staff. I will be sure to let Carol know you mentioned her name. I apologize about the TV reception- this is something I will have our engineering department look into. Again, thank you for your comments about the hotel. We hope if your travels bring you back into the area you will stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Sandusky, OH
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Everything was expected, no major issues. Took the last room, which was handicapped. These rooms are normally frustrating but at least it was non-smoking. The negative part of this handicapped room was the roll in shower and no seal on the bottom to keep any of the water in the shower. Other hotels have a roll over piece of rubber that helps keep the bathroom floor from being soaked.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Ritchie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
I'm the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and I take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for reviewing your stay experience on Trip Advisor.
I'm glad you enjoyed a non-smoking hotel. As you correctly stated, our last rooms are very often the ADA accessible rooms. These rooms are specifically designed for our guests with disabilities and may not be a room of choice for other guests. I'm sorry I did not have a standard room available for your stay. Our hotel being an ideal business location, often fills up quickly. Its best to call us and reserve a room as soon as possible.
I appreciate your suggestion regarding the roll over piece of rubber in the roll-in-shower which I will forward to our maintenance engineer.
I'd love to meet you on your next stay .If there is anything we can do to reserve your room, please call us at 716-375-1000. YOUR Hampton awaits!
Upstate NY
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I was in Olean for a friends wedding. They had rooms set aside for out- of- town guest. I got there before 3 pm and my room wasn't ready but they did the best they could. All the guest wanted to be in their rooms early. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I didn't use their internet or the pool. The next day the breakfast was very good. Lots to choose from. I was alone and felt very safe. My room was very clean.. I have been in other hotels that couldn't even come close to the cleanliness of this Hampton. Price was ok for the group but was a little steep if you weren't in the group. Over all I would definitely stay there again. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor and where my room was I didn't hear any noises.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Ritchie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
I'm the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and am thrilled to read about your recent stay experience. Thank you for staying with us and also for sparing a few minutes reviewing on Trip Advisor. We are proud to have a beautiful Hampton Inn and my team stops at nothing to offer outstanding service and an experience that is the very best. We host numerous weddings, sports teams, business groups each year and our satisfied guests choose to stay at the Hampton Inn Olean without a doubt. As you rightly stated, we do everything within our means to accommodate early arrivals...as early as 10AM! And our housekeepers dont compromise on the room cleanliness when welcoming an early arriving guest. When possible, we offer a late check-out as well. Every guest is unique and we custom make an experience best suited to each.
I'd love to welcome you again on your next trip to Olean. If there is anything we can do to help make your reservation, please call us at 716-375-1000. YOUR Hampton awaits!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 August 2012

It is an average hotel, however the service of the staff is outstanding. I travel all over the world and can recognize good service.
They are extremely helpful, and great on following up on requests. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: In the summer the rooms facing the road could have additional road noise due to bikers.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Ritchie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
Thank you for reviewing your stay about the Hampton Inn Olean! I'm glad you chose to stay with us and enjoyed it. You are absolutely correct about our excellent service culture. Everything at the Hampton Inn Olean pivots around it. Every team member is fully engaged and empowered to do what it takes to offer outstanding service.

I'm sure you also had the opportunity to experience Hampton's On The House hot breakfast, our heated indoor pool and a library of DVDs.

Please come and see us again. If there is anything we can do to welcome you back, please call us at 716-375-1000. YOUR Hampton awaits!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We have always liked Hampton inns. We read on trip advisor that this was an average quality hotel. We were pleased with the accommodations we were provided. We were glad that we chose this hotel. The location was easy to find.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Ritchie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
I'm the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and I thank you for taking the time to review your stay experience. We have a large number of very frequent guests and they keep returning for value for their money--outstanding service and great benefits that the Hampton brand offers. Hope you had a chance to enjoy snacks in the evening and maybe watch a movie from our movie library.
When will we see you again? Please call us at 716-375-1000 to reserve your room. YOUR Hampton awaits!
Olean, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The staff upon check-in was efficient & helpful. He helped us find a resturant where we could eat dinner and watch the Giants / Jets pre-season game. The rooms were immaculate. The bathrooms clean and in good repair. The beds were comfy.Very close to St Bonaventure & right off the main road. Carol, the staff on check-out was personable and informative she offered to mail a letter for me and supplied us with a map of the St Bonaventure campus.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Ritchie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
I'm the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and I thank you for staying with us and also for reviewing your stay. As you experienced, I have a wonderful team here that I'm absolutely proud of. I'm glad they assisted you with your needs. Ms. Carol has been with us for an impressive long time and is a very reliable source of local information.

Ms. Robin, I'd love to see you stay with us on your next visit to the Olean area. If there is anything we can do for you to welcome back at the Hampton Inn Olean, please call us at 716-375-1000. YOUR Hampton awaits!
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I spent six nights here with my family while I worked on a mission project in nearby Friendship, NY. Because we would be here so long, our primary goal was to find something clean and inexpensive. This hotel exceeded our expectations quite nicely.

The lobby, rooms, and other areas were clean and well decorated. We enjoyed having a refrigerator and microwave in our room. I used the fitness center several days (when I wasn't exhausted from building a church). The kids used the pool almost every night. We were within walking distance of a park, several restaurants, a mall, and a laundromat; all of which we used at least once during our stay. The town of Olean had an Italian festival during the first couple of days of our visit, so we walked down the street and enjoyed the festivities.

The staff were quite accommodating of our needs. The night of our arrival, the hotel was booked due to a local softball tournament. We ended up with a single king room, and had to use a rollaway for our son (the other family traveling with us got a double full, since they had two kids with them). The manager was quite apologetic, brought us the rollaway and helped with our luggage. We were able to switch to a double full room the following night, once the softballers had left. They were kind enough to make special arrangements, having our new room cleaned early so we could transfer our belongings directly. Also, due to the work schedule for my project, we needed a very late checkout (2:00pm) on our last day. They gladly accommodated us.

We only ate breakfast here twice, but it was quite good. Probably about average selection for a Hampton Inn, with waffles, fruit, cereal and eggs. They did have lots of fresh fruit available all day, so it was nice to grab an apple or banana from time to time.

My only complaints are minor. The property is adjacent to a hospital with an active helipad, which is rather noisy at all hours. Also, it is adjacent to a busy intersection right off the interstate, so there is more traffic noise than average. The aforementioned softballers were a bit unruly the first night, but that could happen anywhere, I guess. Lastly, for some reason, the cleaning staff were rather stingy with towels. We had to ask for some almost every day. Despite these minor issues, we really liked this hotel.

Room Tip: Get an even numbered room to be on the side opposite the noisy heliport at the hospital next door.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Ritchie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Hello!
I am the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and I thank you for reviewing our beautiful hotel. We pride ourselves on offering our very best and am glad you enjoyed almost everything. You are absolutely correct about the level of customer care because we have an outstanding culture of superior customer service and we ensure your needs are taken care of. I will review your comments with my team to include housekeeping as well.
If there is anything we can do to reserve your next stay with us, please just give us a call at 716-375-1000. YOUR Hampton awaits!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
Best Western Plus University Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Olean? Share your experiences!