“Good little hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Olean
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Olean
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Stayed here for a funeral. Had to set up a number of rooms. They were quite accomodating and helpful as I had to call and change the reservations many times over the week and into the weekend. Kate was extremely pleasant over the phone and in person. RIck worked with us on so much during our stay - everything from a couple of things that housekeeping missed in our room, to managing all the room reservations, to following up with us on our HHonors points for the stay. Rick went above and beyond the call of duty when he actually called me back the same day after he said he would follow up with his General Manager. The service is very good at this Hampton Inn.

The accomodations are relatively average. They do have a little renovation work happening and you can see it around the hotel. Overall very good!

Looking forward to staying here again in 3 weeks for a wedding!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 October 2012

A middle of the road Hampton with rooms as you'd expect though our Kleenex dispenser was empty. A ver unpleasant door permeated the corridor on the second floor. Great location though. I give it 6/10 but would give it 8/10 if the rate was 20% lower.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This is exactly what you expect from a Hampton Inn. It would have been average because it is an average Hampton Inn, but bumped the rating up to account for the friendliness of the staff. The hotel is clean, overall well maintained, and located close to two colleges that allow parents to visit students at both schools on one trip. The staff was friendly, helpful, and treated everyone like they were special.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
trayc92, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you!

Reviewed 27 September 2012

On my way home to TX after a three month stay in NY. The room was clean, comfy bed, quiet.
Great customer service. Carol was great and helped me with an early check-in and finding a room to my liking. I was amazed at how clean the entire hotel was!

My only negative was the TV reception was sometimes an issue with no signal or poor picture. I was so tired I really didn't mind! The Internet was great and I spent time on my iPad instead of watching TV.

My son is a food and beverage director at a Hilton so I know a good hotel and this really filled my need.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Sweitzer11, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Thank you for your great comments and feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! It is great to hear guest comments especially about our staff. I will be sure to let Carol know you mentioned her name. I apologize about the TV reception- this is something I will have our engineering department look into. Again, thank you for your comments about the hotel. We hope if your travels bring you back into the area you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Everything was expected, no major issues. Took the last room, which was handicapped. These rooms are normally frustrating but at least it was non-smoking. The negative part of this handicapped room was the roll in shower and no seal on the bottom to keep any of the water in the shower. Other hotels have a roll over piece of rubber that helps keep the bathroom floor from being soaked.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Ritchie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

I'm the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and I take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for reviewing your stay experience on Trip Advisor.
I'm glad you enjoyed a non-smoking hotel. As you correctly stated, our last rooms are very often the ADA accessible rooms. These rooms are specifically designed for our guests with disabilities and may not be a room of choice for other guests. I'm sorry I did not have a standard room available for your stay. Our hotel being an ideal business location, often fills up quickly. Its best to call us and reserve a room as soon as possible.
I appreciate your suggestion regarding the roll over piece of rubber in the roll-in-shower which I will forward to our maintenance engineer.
I'd love to meet you on your next stay .If there is anything we can do to reserve your room, please call us at 716-375-1000. YOUR Hampton awaits!

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I was in Olean for a friends wedding. They had rooms set aside for out- of- town guest. I got there before 3 pm and my room wasn't ready but they did the best they could. All the guest wanted to be in their rooms early. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I didn't use their internet or the pool. The next day the breakfast was very good. Lots to choose from. I was alone and felt very safe. My room was very clean.. I have been in other hotels that couldn't even come close to the cleanliness of this Hampton. Price was ok for the group but was a little steep if you weren't in the group. Over all I would definitely stay there again. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor and where my room was I didn't hear any noises.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Ritchie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

I'm the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and am thrilled to read about your recent stay experience. Thank you for staying with us and also for sparing a few minutes reviewing on Trip Advisor. We are proud to have a beautiful Hampton Inn and my team stops at nothing to offer outstanding service and an experience that is the very best. We host numerous weddings, sports teams, business groups each year and our satisfied guests choose to stay at the Hampton Inn Olean without a doubt. As you rightly stated, we do everything within our means to accommodate early arrivals...as early as 10AM! And our housekeepers dont compromise on the room cleanliness when welcoming an early arriving guest. When possible, we offer a late check-out as well. Every guest is unique and we custom make an experience best suited to each.
I'd love to welcome you again on your next trip to Olean. If there is anything we can do to help make your reservation, please call us at 716-375-1000. YOUR Hampton awaits!

Reviewed 31 August 2012

It is an average hotel, however the service of the staff is outstanding. I travel all over the world and can recognize good service.
They are extremely helpful, and great on following up on requests. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: In the summer the rooms facing the road could have additional road noise due to bikers.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Ritchie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2012

Thank you for reviewing your stay about the Hampton Inn Olean! I'm glad you chose to stay with us and enjoyed it. You are absolutely correct about our excellent service culture. Everything at the Hampton Inn Olean pivots around it. Every team member is fully engaged and empowered to do what it takes to offer outstanding service.

I'm sure you also had the opportunity to experience Hampton's On The House hot breakfast, our heated indoor pool and a library of DVDs.

Please come and see us again. If there is anything we can do to welcome you back, please call us at 716-375-1000. YOUR Hampton awaits!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
Best Western Plus University Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean
17 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Bradford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Olean? Share your experiences!