“Treshina Made Our Day”

Holiday Inn Express Olean
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Olean
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We tried to find a hotel during a busy weekend (local university was having freshman orientation, there was a girl's softball tournament in town and a pow wow were all going on at the same time). No local hotels had any rooms available for Friday night. We were accidentally given a room reservation at the Hampton Inn, for a room that was already booked. When we arrived at the hotel Treshina gave us the bad news, but, instead of saying, "Sorry, there's nothing I can do." She said, "Please wait in our lobby for 10 minutes and let me try my best to get you a room." Less than 10 minutes later she came to us with a big smile on her face and she told us she had a room for us! I think she was happier than we were. The room was clean, comfortable and the bedding was great. The other thing was the QUIET. We have stayed in a few hotels in Olean and the walls were thin and we ended up hearing everyone else's TV, shower, and conversation. It was the best night's sleep I have had in ages. In the morning we had a really nice conversation with one of the maintenance workers, Jim, and he couldn't have been more pleasant. Hats off to to person who does the hiring at the Hampton Inn in Olean, NY.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol S
Tracy B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your comments about Treshina and Jim. We were very excited that we were able to find you a room. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is my first of many visits to Olean, NY for business. Having never stayed at a Hampton Inn, this hotel is one that my coworkers regularly stay at. Prior to graduating from university, I worked bell/valet at an Intercontinental, so I have been in upscale hotels. Near the two main streets in Olean, and near a CVS and several restaurants, it is a great location in the town (and during the summer, a very short morning walk to Tim Horton's for coffee).

I was pleasantly surprised with how nice the Hampton Inn was. Very updated, and did not have a cheap hotel feeling. The front desk staff was very pleasant to work with. The room was very comfortable, and the bed was comfortable (did not wake up during my rest). Although it is a 3 star hotel, the staff made the stay above and beyond what I would expect from a 3 star.

My hat goes off to the morning breakfast worker. I can't remember his name, Jim I believe? He was fantastic. Always came around asking if he could grab me anything, take my plate, how my day was going, etc. Ridiculously friendly, I would totally take him out for a beer because of his excellent customer service.

Excellent service all around, and once again blown away by this hotel. Will continue coming back for my monthly trips.

Room Tip: Any side you will have a good view of the mountains! Grab breakfast, morning worker is very friendly...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Zachary W

Thank you so very much for the wonderful review. I know Jim was excited to read this and he was more than happy to assist you! We appreciate your comments and glad that you chose to stay with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I've always enjoyed staying at the Hampton Inns. The rooms are spacious and clean and comfortable. The friendliness of the staff is excellent. The beds are fabulous and I always sleep like a log. Great hotel. I love staying at the Hampton Inns. It's one of my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joyt497
Tracy B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you so much! We love sleeping logs...and will see you on your next visit. Thank you for the staff comments!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I would recommend this hotel. It's in a good location. Restaurants and shops nearby. Room was very clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The pool was on the cool side. Water could have been warmer. The breakfast was very good. Nice variety. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Barbara L

Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the beds and pillows. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the staff.
We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have stayed at 100s of hotels for work and this was another that was clean and falls into a Hampton level of quility. Although the hotel is nothing that stands out ,what stood out was the staff. This included everyone from the breakfast attendent to the maid.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dlee1
Tracy B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. The staff will certainly enjoy your comments. We will gladly see you again on your next trip! Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were traveling from Pittsburgh on the 3rd of July to visit some friends in Ithaca for the 4th. Our newborn decided that she wasn't willing to stay in the car that long. Thanks to the tremendous service from Treshina and Richard, and the convenient location, a near disaster was averted. Very family friendly; we were very fretful for the Pack-and-Play. The gentleman who worked the morning buffet was also super helpful and friendly, unfortunately I didn't catch his name. The rooms were a tad dated, but very comfy. We would say there again.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank lloyd11b
Tracy B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Lewis,

Thank you for staying with us. We are certainly glad that you found us. It was our pleasure to make your stay more enjoyable. I will share your comments with the staff - Jim was the gentleman in breakfast.
We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Visited Olean Weekend of June 19th.
The staff at this hotel made me feel like family, instead of like a customer.
Very helpful, very friendly, very FUN people.
All the staff that I meant was GREAT,
But special thanks to:
Brandie ,assistant manager
Jim, Buffett manager
and
Richard( new help)
These three went above and beyond what anyone would have done to make my stay
so pleasant.
Everyone at this hotel is SUPER.
If you visit Olean ,be sure to check this hotel out.
It is GREAT.
Kim G.

Room Tip: Any room is great. The staff will make sure of that
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank pokeyman
Tracy B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Kim,

Thank you for your comments about the family atmosphere. We are truly pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to mention your review to Brandie, Jim and Richard. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean
Best Western Plus University Inn
17 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino

Been to Holiday Inn Express Olean? Share your experiences!