“Moldy Smell in Bathroom” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Olean

Holiday Inn Express Olean
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Olean
Fredericksburg, VA, United States
“Moldy Smell in Bathroom”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Quality of Hampton Inns seems to be declining. Bathroom had a strong moldy odor. The chair in the room had a large stain on it - my wife didn't even want to sit in it. On the positive side, breakfast was very good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Philip M
Tracy B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
We apologize that there were concerns during your stay. I did respond to your Hampton review and we will stand behind our 100%. I would be happy to discuss this with you.
Please contact me directly at 716-375-1000. We will be sure to make your view of all Hampton Inns pleasant.

Tracy Baker, GM
tbaker@visions-hotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
new cumberland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Hampton Inn does it again! Clean, quiet, and a good breakfast. Staff very friendly and helpful. Beds and pillows extremely comfy and clean. Large bathroom has a long counter with plenty of room for 3 of us. Rates 10 out of 10 for me and my family! I have stayed here twice with the same results and recommend this hotel, hands down.

1 Thank Elizabeth R
Thank you for such a wonderful review of the hotel and staff. We are glad that you found the rooms to be spacious for all of you! We will look forward to your next visit. Be sure to take advantage of the DVD program and Sweet Dreams!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Last week we spent 3 nights at this Hampton Inn, I can not think of 1 bad thing to say. The staff was very helpful and proficient, room was clean and quiet. It is centrally located off the main street in Olean with a wide selection of places to eat nearby.

2 Thank Holang
Tracy B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and enjoying the clean rooms and friendly staff. We are pleased that you found the location to be convenient and close to many great restaurants! We can't wait to see you again!
Rocky River, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We tried to find a hotel during a busy weekend (local university was having freshman orientation, there was a girl's softball tournament in town and a pow wow were all going on at the same time). No local hotels had any rooms available for Friday night. We were accidentally given a room reservation at the Hampton Inn, for a room that was already booked. When we arrived at the hotel Treshina gave us the bad news, but, instead of saying, "Sorry, there's nothing I can do." She said, "Please wait in our lobby for 10 minutes and let me try my best to get you a room." Less than 10 minutes later she came to us with a big smile on her face and she told us she had a room for us! I think she was happier than we were. The room was clean, comfortable and the bedding was great. The other thing was the QUIET. We have stayed in a few hotels in Olean and the walls were thin and we ended up hearing everyone else's TV, shower, and conversation. It was the best night's sleep I have had in ages. In the morning we had a really nice conversation with one of the maintenance workers, Jim, and he couldn't have been more pleasant. Hats off to to person who does the hiring at the Hampton Inn in Olean, NY.

1 Thank Carol S
Tracy B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for your comments about Treshina and Jim. We were very excited that we were able to find you a room. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is my first of many visits to Olean, NY for business. Having never stayed at a Hampton Inn, this hotel is one that my coworkers regularly stay at. Prior to graduating from university, I worked bell/valet at an Intercontinental, so I have been in upscale hotels. Near the two main streets in Olean, and near a CVS and several restaurants, it is a great location in the town (and during the summer, a very short morning walk to Tim Horton's for coffee).

I was pleasantly surprised with how nice the Hampton Inn was. Very updated, and did not have a cheap hotel feeling. The front desk staff was very pleasant to work with. The room was very comfortable, and the bed was comfortable (did not wake up during my rest). Although it is a 3 star hotel, the staff made the stay above and beyond what I would expect from a 3 star.

My hat goes off to the morning breakfast worker. I can't remember his name, Jim I believe? He was fantastic. Always came around asking if he could grab me anything, take my plate, how my day was going, etc. Ridiculously friendly, I would totally take him out for a beer because of his excellent customer service.

Excellent service all around, and once again blown away by this hotel. Will continue coming back for my monthly trips.

Room Tip: Any side you will have a good view of the mountains! Grab breakfast, morning worker is very friendly...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Zachary W
Thank you so very much for the wonderful review. I know Jim was excited to read this and he was more than happy to assist you! We appreciate your comments and glad that you chose to stay with us. We look forward to your next visit!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I've always enjoyed staying at the Hampton Inns. The rooms are spacious and clean and comfortable. The friendliness of the staff is excellent. The beds are fabulous and I always sleep like a log. Great hotel. I love staying at the Hampton Inns. It's one of my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank joyt497
Tracy B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you so much! We love sleeping logs...and will see you on your next visit. Thank you for the staff comments!
Buffalo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I would recommend this hotel. It's in a good location. Restaurants and shops nearby. Room was very clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The pool was on the cool side. Water could have been warmer. The breakfast was very good. Nice variety. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Barbara L
Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the beds and pillows. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the staff.
We can't wait to see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino

Been to Holiday Inn Express Olean? Share your experiences!