“Best Day of My Life”
Review of Full Moon Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oliverea
Full Moon Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oliverea
Brooklyn
“Best Day of My Life”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Paul first showed us the grounds of Full Moon over a year before our wedding. He was charming and not pushy at all. He gave us realistic expectations of price and worked with us to find an affordable date. We love Paul.

We then spent a year working with Leighann (our very own wedding coordinator) and Ashley (the reservation maven) to make our day perfect. They answered every annoying question, worked with us when we wanted special things, and let us down gently when they couldn't accommodate our desires (no sterno can s'mores, too messy, I totally get it). Leighann was there with us on our day every step along the way. We couldn't have done it without her, she was just like our Stage Manager for the day. We love Leighann! She also said we were a good group, so theres that.

The barn where we had the reception was gorgeous. We did minimal decorations because the space already done so nicely. Paper lanterns, twinkly lights, and ivy plants, it was lovely. Anytime we needed an extra table or whatnot, they were right there with walkie talkies. At the end of the night we didn't have to worry about any cleanup and the next day they had all of our things put together, or brought to the main Inn. Very easy, very stress free.

The food is AMAZING!!! Chef Adam is my hero. Not only did he do our appetizers (for the wonderful cocktail hour) and the salad, and main, but we also had him do our wedding cupcakes... which were TO DIE FOR! We opted to have a family style dinner and it was totally the right choice. Huge platters of mains and sides and no one went hungry. The staff was ready to bring more if we needed it, but we didn't we all got a taste of the steak and the salmon (both SO good) and it saved us from getting everyone's food preference. The veggie option was enjoyed by a handful of happy vegetarians. It was a great success. Full Moon was so accomModating that when my dad jokingly asked if they had chicken fingers THEY ACTUALLY BROUGHT HIM CHICKEN FINGERS AND FRIES! Too sweet.

Every space at Full Moon is just magical. The ceremony site is great for customization (the outdoor space as well as the tent space). Photo ops abound everywhere on the sprawling grounds of Full Moon. It's so beautiful.

Vendors are easy, we didn't use a florist but Karen Neblung came out to do hair, and Diane of Hudson River Photography was lovely and put us at ease and kept us on schedule. Chef Adam kept it all in house for foods.

The rooms are amazing, quaint. We roomed in Morningstar lodge with most of our wedding party.

I can't say enough nice things. It really was the best day of my life. Thank you Full Moon!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 15 October 2013

If you are planning a wedding in the woods with lo-tek features and no cell phone service then this is your place. The food was great and the staff were wonderful. The venue is incredible with the views and grounds are a treat. If you stay on the grounds, do not expect much in the way of amenities, land line phone did not work, shower was a real issue, but overall the place was great. Bring a flashlight and listen for the howling at night.

Room Tip: Try to get a private bathroom, sharing a bathroom among 6 people is a challenge.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GilfromPikesville
Big Indian, New York
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Full Moon is like heaven in the Catskills. The entire area is so beautiful. Don't expect 5 star accomodations and yoiu won't be disappointed. People there are friendly and attentive. Food is REALLY good. A definite place to consider for a wedding or group.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I had my wedding this past June at the Full Moon Resort and it was the most incredible, unforgettable and magical wedding (according to my 175 guests!). Not just because it was my wedding (I may be a little bias :) but because the Full Moon resort is an incredible venue filled with an amazing staff that caters to your every need. We had a weekend wedding that started on Friday and ended on Sunday where guests were able to stay in cabins and cottages on the resort (the rooms were clean, the locations were perfect for the setting). There were so many elements and moving parts to the wedding (Friday night BBQ, Fire pit/ bonfire, karaoke after parties at the roadhouse barn, lawn games and pool lounging during the day, breakfast, lunch and dinner, ceremony, reception, brunch and more) that I was not sure how I was ever going to have everything organized. The staff at the full moon resort catered to our every need, truly and the entire weekend could not have been more organized. My wedding coordinator Melanie dotted every I and crossed every T. I DID NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ONE SINGLE THING!! As a bride, this was priceless. She was so attentive and being sure that everything worked out exactly how I wanted. I even remember during the reception when I would take picture or hug someone; she would grab my glass of wine and hold it without me even asking. They really cover every tiny little aspect for you. THE FOOD! OMG! THE FOOD is so so so incredible!!! During our Friday night BBQ we opted for Chicken and Ribs and guests were going up for seconds and thirds! Every meal, literally every meal was delicious. Aside from the compliments on the location, guests could not stop raving about the food, from the BBQ, reception, breakfast and lunch etc. Could not praise the chef and his team enough. The Full Moon is so gorgeous too. From the barn to the reception tent to the lights on the tree in front of the Valley View house, you really don’t need to bring any more outside decoration as it already is so beautiful. Guests had such an amazing and relaxing weekend that they are asking us if we can do it again! If I had to do it all over again, I would not change a single thing. Thank you again Full Moon for your incredible staff, the incredible food and for making our wedding the most unforgettable weekend wedding we could have ever dreamed of. Every bride should experience this magical place. Truly. Expect to see me and my husband back for our 10th or 25th anniversary party : )

Room Tip: Any room you choose, is amazing.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Slingerlands, New York, United States
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was married at Full Moon this past weekend October 5th, 2013. I cannot say enough about this venue, the staff, the lodging, the food and the service.
I found Full Moon online and was in love at my first visit. My biggest nightmare was to be married in a banquet hall with some lukewarm chicken marsala and a ten o'clock end time. Full Moon is the farthest thing from that type of venue.

I had 187 guests and every single solitary one had an amazing time. We lucked out with peak leaf season and a 70 degre day but I can assure you no matter what mother nature brings Full Moon will be prepared.

I'm not the typical bride I didn't make a thousand checklists I didn't stress and I didn't lose sleep. Leighann was my wedding planner and she didn't miss a beat. She was on point and thought of everything I neglected to. I felt 100% confident in trusting her opinion and am glad I did so each time.

I first spoke with Paul and from the get go he was super helpful in aiding me to convince my father that this was the way to go. My requests were probably a bit much but he never made me feel that I was a burden. The owner Michael was direct and a pleasure to deal with. I wosh I could do it all over again and do it all the same.

If you're thinking of getting married at Full Moon stop thinking and book it already; you'll be so glad you did.

• Stayed October 2013
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I got married here in August 2013. We had 140 guests and we couldn't have been happier with the venue.

We found Full Moon Resort through a friend who had been married there in 2012 and she was very happy with her experience. It offered an mostly-inclusive price which is very rare. They gave us very clear lists of options for everything and their individual prices for upgrading which allowed us to customize our wedding and spend each dollar on items we valued. A couple minutes with a calculator or spreadsheet and we were pretty close to estimating a large portion of our final bill. It was a more honest way of doing business than asking 10 venues for their price and not knowing which included chairs and tables and which one provided linens and all the hidden costs in between.

Melanie Warner was our assigned wedding coordinator and she helped us through every detail of the wedding planning process, working with us over the phone multiple times over the year since we lived by Washington DC.

The wedding venue in the grove was great, we had beautiful weather and the procession the wood chip path was really pretty. We had a lot of happy guests comment on the ceremony.

The cocktail hour we had in the barn with a picture slideshow we made running. It was a great setting.

The reception was lovely, dancing was plentiful and Melanie worked behind the scenes through the whole event to make sure everything went off without a hitch.

The after-party was held in the performance space and was a great location to wind down the party and enjoy some quality time with our guests (and dance more!). We were worried that this space would be too small but in the end it worked out perfectly.

Because your guests are invited to stay on-site you (as the wedding couple) get the opportunity to assign their rooms. This is a bit of extra work but as with reception place settings it's really worth it and was a lot of fun.

Ashley Slovensky coordinated our wedding guests room assignments, invoicing, payments, check-in and check-out. It was awesome having her on the team for all the changes we had.

They provided us a list of vendors which were suggestions, not requirements. All of the vendors we selected were fantastic.

We would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful setting for their wedding which does business in a straight-forward and honest fashion. Professionals 100%

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Frank O
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We drove here from out of state for a wedding. There were no signs off any roads stating where this place was at. We turned down the wrong road twice. Once we got into the facility we were told our room was down the road and across the street.
They didn't have signs on the premise that were big enough to read, so we tried to get into the wrong house. After realizing that wasn't the place, we went to 3 other houses....literally had to go up to houses because the signs were so darn small.
Once we were at the right place, we were not pleased. Our room was small, the bed was very uncomfortable, no tv. We had to share a bathroom with 6 other people. The shower takes 10 min to take get hot, and there is no water pressure. The walls are very thin, you can hear everyone talking, and going up and down the stairs.
We had to walk or catch rides with people to the main part of the resort, which was kind of annoying.
The food and service the entire wknd was great though. All of the staff was helpful, and did such a great job.
I can see how the resort would be a great place to get married if you are the bride and groom. They take care of everything and there is no stressing out.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MegMike
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oliverea
Cold Spring Lodge
#2 of 3 in Woodstock
Starlite Motel
Starlite Motel
#1 of 2 in Big Indian

Been to Full Moon Resort? Share your experiences!