1. A long way off the beaten path. Expect about an hour and fifteen minutes from Kingston, NY
2. We stayed at the Resort as part of a wedding party. I would describe the resort as more of a compound. There is a main building which includes the "front desk" and a cafe. The outbuildings comprise the rooms, which are more like individual bed and breakfast type buildings.
3. Our room was adequate, nothing fancy. A bit musty (we stayed early in the season, so I imagine this is unavoidable)
4. The location was fantastic for a wedding, very picturesque. (although if the weather was bad, it would have been a disaster with things so spread out)
5. There is no cell service at this location. Which I found to be a good thing, but many find that unacceptable.
6. The food was very good (the wedding food in particular). The "cafe" food was also decent, and had a good variety.
7. The biggest downside to our stay was the price. For the accomadations, $200+ a night is way to much. It must be the proximity to New York City, because if it wasn't for the wedding, we would have never stayed at this location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full Moon is a year-round mountain resort located in the heart of the "Forever Wild" Catskill Forest Preserve in upstate New York. Dedicated to the celebration of nature, music and the arts, this one hundred-acre wonderland of mountains, fields, and streams is a world of its own.An alternative to more traditional country inns and resorts, Full Moon Resort offers weekend-long destination country weddings, cutting-edge music festivals, exceptional week long music camps, educational, recreational and artistic workshops, and art exhibits all part of its magical landscape. This enchantingly unique facility offers a versatile and accommodating environment, well suited for group gatherings of all types.With over ten years of exceptional service, Full Moon Resort has garnered a reputation as a premier catering facility in the Catskill Mountains region for functions of all types. The menus offer a full range of possibilities – hot buffet breakfasts and lunches in the artistically rustic Cafe… down-home country barbecues by the creek…tantalizing hors d’oeuvres under the maple trees on the lawns…and formal gourmet dinners in the Tent Pavilion. Lovingly prepared, fresh, natural cuisine (often organic) served by a friendly, professional staff is the trademark of Full Moon Catering. The company offers full service catering, planning and management for off-premises events as well. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Full Moon Hotel Oliverea