We spent 2 nights there for a quick golf getaway. Having read previous reviews I thought I knew what to expect.
The good: beautiful location, excellent breakfast, and a nice room, which was spotless and not musty at all (as other reviews indicated). The place is dated, but very welled care for.
1) Coffee. We are early risers, and when i checked in I was told breakfast starts at 8:30. I asked where we could get coffee earlier than 8:30. We were the only guests in the entire Inn the first night, and I was told I could get coffee 4 miles down the road near the highway. I'm sorry, but having a coffee maker in the room or having a pot in the lobbyavailable after 7 AM is not a lot to ask. I did the drive of 8 miles in the mornings to get a simple cup of coffee.
2) Dinner: The following is directly from their web page "Dinner is available with prior reservations, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, or naturally anytime for special functions."
Well you can forget that. There is no dinner served Friday night. False advertisement. Had to drive miles to eat each night.
3) Pool: It was late August and since I saw the following on their web site " take a dip in our refreshing pool - lean back and simply enjoy the luxury of leisure.", I chose this INN. The pool was half full of dirty water, with algae floating on top and debris on the bottom. There is no way anyone could swim in the pool. When I asked the owner, he admitted that due to the flood one year ago it has not been operational since then. They never mentioned the state of the pool on the phone when reserving or when we checked in. Again, false advertising.
If you find yourself in this area looking for lodging, go to Slide Mountain Forest House across the street. I stayed there a few years ago and it was far superior.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alpine Inn is in the center of the "forever wild" Catskill Forest Preserve in Oliverea, NY. We're a destination for those who love the outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your The Alpine Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Alpine Hotel Oliverea