“RECOMMENDED, would stay here again in a minute!”

Red Carpet Inn On The Lake
Ranked #5 of 6 Oneonta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 August 2010

This place was clean, affordable ($100 a night, two double beds) with a great lake view. Very close to Oneonta & the highway, close to Cooperstown & all the attractions. Breakfast was light, mostly just cereal, juice & coffee.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank pmechalke

Reviewed 15 July 2010

My husband and I stayed at Red Carpet Inn On the Lake for five nights while our son played in the Cooperstown Baseball World Tournament. Our room was on the lake side of the hotel so we had a beautiful view and a nice place to sit outside in the evenings. Our room was clean and very comfortable. Their is a picnic pavilion on the lake that hotel guests can use. We used it for a pizza party for my son's baseball team. The hotel is conveniently located between Oneonta and Cooperstown and there are lots of restaurants and convenience stores close by.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ledge3316
Reviewed 13 May 2010

My family love the cabin only feet away form Goodyear Lake. It had 2 double beds that were fine. Free wi-fi helped a lot. Tv was too small for the room. Kitchen was adequate.Heat was good and bathroom was clean. Generally a pleasant two days.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank spencerportrangers10
Reviewed 27 April 2010

This was our first trip to Cooperstown and we were on a budget. We got a superb price thru hotels.com, but at that price, my wife wanted to see the room first. We were VERY surprised! The room was VERY nice, and the view overlooking the lake was beautiful. The staff went out of their way to make sure everything was to our liking. I don't know how anyone could give a poor rating to this estabishment; I hope to visit Cooperstown again, and there is no question that I'll book with the Red Carpet Inn on the Lake once again. They helped make our stay in Cooperstown unforgettable .

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank sfoklnd1
Reviewed 20 April 2010

The people working here were so nice. The room we had on the hilltop location was completely remodeled and very clean (ive stayed in many a marriott and i was quite comfortable here). The only complaint i had was the walls are so thin and you have noise from the hallway and the neighboring rooms. Loud neighbors could ruin your sleep and if you need to sleep in late, forget it. We enjoyed our one night stay here and I would return.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank valerinanj
Reviewed 8 March 2010

Visited the Otsego County area for one night. All we needed was a warm, clean, and safe place to rest our heads for a night, and the Red Carpet Inn on the lake suited my needs just fine. The sheets , blankets, and carpet were clean and smelled fresh and the bathroom ( though small) was tidy. I slept soundly on the firm-ish bed ( with firm pillows) and was warm enough, but my boyfriend was chilly in the night. Not sure if the heat control really does anything, but the few times I felt the baseboard heater, I felt steady warmth. There is a TV, microwave, coffee maker, safe, and hair dryer among the room amenities. I had an issue plugging in the coffee maker in the a.m.( it had no practical position in the room), but that was a minor problem for the economical ( under 50$) price we paid for a saturday night. There wqas no closet in the room. The hotel had friendly clerks, a computer in the lobby, and a great position on the pretty Goodyear lake. Though the hotel claims to have an Oneonta address, it is well out of the city limits, but not more than a 10 minute drive to downtown.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank earmark72
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Spent one night here after reading the reviews, and I really have to question the authenticity of the reviewers. This place was really terrible, and no bargain. The carpet was old and sticky, the furniture all seemed to be from a fire sale, and the upholstery was stained and brown. The air conditioner, though working, was held together with tape, and the knobs spun about, broken, and it sounded like we were in an air terminal all night, it was so loud. The bathroom was decorated with a large assortment of hairs on the floor and under the toilet seat. There was no mattress pad, just an old sheet over a mattress I dared not look at, and best yet, ants in the bed.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank StellyS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Holiday Inn Oneonta
Clarion Hotel
#6 of 9 in Oneonta
Comfort Inn & Suites Milford/Cooperstown
Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area

Been to Red Carpet Inn On The Lake? Share your experiences!