“My new favorite crash pad”
Review of Celtic Motel

Celtic Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oneonta
Celtic Motel
Ranked #4 of 6 Oneonta B&B and Inns
“My new favorite crash pad”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Over the last three weeks I've gone from staying at 5 star hotels in Time square to backpacking part of the Appalachian Trail in west Virginia. I've stayed in cabins, at campsites and in all sorts of hotel and motel rooms. The Celtic Motel is by far the best bang for your buck. Microwave, fridge, internet, TV.... Its the first place that I've stopped that had all of these things and it was the cheapest place I've stayed (backpacking aside). Granted its not luxurious by any means but its definitely a great place to crash when you don't wanna spend $200 at a hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Thomas F

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Buffalo
Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

The Celtic Motel is cool just because it's cool. It doesn't have to try or cry...it just is. A nice fifteen minute walk to the nearest steak house and drinking establishment. Convenient access to virtually nothing which makes me love it all the more. Go Celts!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank tsar811
NYC
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We had hoped for a cabin but those were all sold out. The motel rooms were perfectly fine, and if you like vintage motels like we do, this is your stop. Yes, the bathroom could use a paint job but who cares, because the fixtures were cute, old, well-designed and solid. TVs were not flatscreens and again, I HATE FAT-SCREEN TV! I don't see the point of a stretched-out picture (which you often cannot switch to proper width). Anyway, again, it's a motel room and not a luxury spa, so a working TV is great, AND they had Comedy Central and TCM, our two fave channels that are often absent in hotels. The price was very good -- $55 If memory serves -- and it's a short drive into the main part of town.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Olive_Twist
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Clarion Hotel
Holiday Inn Oneonta
#6 of 9 in Oneonta
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
Super 8 Oneonta/Cooperstown

Been to Celtic Motel? Share your experiences!