See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 December 2016

Great place! I highly recommend this gem of a hotel. Clean, sweet, and comfortable. Bridgette the owner is extremely friendly and helpful. I plan to stay at the Celtic every time I travel to Oneonta. Thanks, again, Bridgette!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2016

My wife, myself, and my son were on a late summer biking trip. We wanted to camp near Oneonta, but it had rained all day and didn't look like it would stop anytime soon. I had done some research on Trip Advisor, but found either overpriced rooms ($210 per night) or cheaper rooms with mediocre-very bad reviews. Our waitress told us that we should try the Celtic Motel. We requested one of the cottages and were very happy with our choice. For $76 including tax, the cabin included two bedrooms and a living room, a huge refrigerator, and a stove. We were able to cook in our room, which definitely saved us a lot of money. The room is definitely old, but it was fine for us. I felt very at home in our little cottage. The cottage was also quiet at night and we did not hear ant road noise. I would definitely stay in this motel again!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2016

very nice and polite owners,very nice rooms,We always stay at the Celtic now,other logging in oneonta area made us feel just like a license plate number not a family.
Beautiful Back wooded area for picnics and the kids to play.

Stayed: April 2016
Reviewed 31 August 2015

After a very long day of driving from Lancaster, Pa (which included back tracking) we asked siri for a close hotel. This was what came up. Advice....if you have to stay in the Motel row....keep going. $65 per night...and overcharged!!! The room smelled horrible was extremely old and worn. The pictures of the cabins look kind of cute, but they are not what we stayed in. Did have a coffee pot and a really small frig, that doubled as a night stand. The TV was at least 20 years old and would not come in, it wanted to...but alas was ghosty and static. Not even suitable for white noise. Sorry, owners....you either need to spend some effort on these or lower the price alot and warn people that they smell and are very worn. At least give the option of moving on to a different location. The front lobby of the motel also reeked of nicotine, and I don't think the windows had ever been washed. Should have been my first clue to move on down the road.

Room Tip: try a cabin?
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Debi V
Reviewed 4 November 2014

Nothing fancy here but clean and quiet. More than adequate for me staying one night and moving on. Nice friendly folks, no frills, very affordable. I come to the area a couple times a year and would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo