“Awesome!!”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

They sell food, but this is mostly for adults!

As an out of stater staying in Cooperstown we saw this place right off 88 towards Cooperstown. The drive was worth it. They were busy when I got there but when they were able to attend to my husband and I it was worth it.

Advising I only drink sweet wine due to allergies and dry wines close up my throat they accommodated to the sweet wines and the taste testing was worth the money. Eva Coo is my best for the sweet wine.

The advised us about the Cooperstown Wine/Beer trail. One was closed for the season, but the ride provided some addition wine and beer purchases.

Visited December 2013

Kendall Park, New Jersey
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Very good "notorious" wines”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Nice stop right on a main road. The young lady serving the tasting was delightful and full of information. As I'm always looking for someting a little different for a Christmas wine gift, Eva Coo white was a perfect buy. It's a good semi-sweet wine named after the not-so-sweet brother owner & murderer who was executed at Sing Sing. A story with every bottle.

Gloversville, New York
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Wine tasting”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stopped for the wine tasting, it was kind of busy at the tasting and seemed the folks did not have the time or want to spend the time discuss the wines with us. Overall it was OK. If you are in the area certainly check it out.

Hudson, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The server at this winery is excellent! She was friendly and very knowledgeable which is what made this stop enjoyable. The tasting was well priced at 6 wines for $3. Overall a nice experience.

Philadelphia
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“One of my favorite spots near Cooperstown!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I am a BIG fan of the wines from Bear Pond. This location is primarily only a shop to sell the wines. There is no winery tour or grapes on trees to view so please do not stop here expecting that.

What you can expect is a shop with cheese curds, wines, crackers and other items.

You may do a wine tasting - 6 wines for $3.00 per person. So worth it. My favorites are the Holiday Bear (great for cooking especially in meat sauces), Riesling, Doobie Blues, Neuschwanstein Blush, and Dirt Cheap Wine (great for sangria's). Whenever I am in the Cooperstown area, I always stop in to see what is available. I always do a wine tasting again because they always have a new wine or two on their menu.

This is located close to I-88.

Check out their website. They do ship the wines, however, there are a few states they are not allowed to ship to such as Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.

I will be back!

Visited October 2013

Been to Bear Pond WInery? Share your experiences!