“Nice tasting room, but nothing mind-blowing”
Review of Bear Pond WInery

Bear Pond WInery
Ranked #1 of 21 things to do in Oneonta
Summit, New Jersey
151 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Nice tasting room, but nothing mind-blowing”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I came in here this week to try some of their wines as I had driven past the building multiple times over the past year. The staff are very kind and very enthusiastic and the tasting area was very clean (the building here is really just a shop and tasting room). For $3 you get to taste 6 of their wines and it's definitely worth it. I really enjoyed the Cardiff wine (in their historical series) and it was quite good. The others that I tried were merely okay and I wouldn't consider buying them. Like many upstate NY wineries, their whites seemed to be better than their reds.

It's an overall nice place to stop in and taste a few wines and the people are very friendly and enthusiastic.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Kevin B
Mark L, Owner at Bear Pond WInery, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hello Kevin B. Thank you for your kind words. I am however sorry that you were not aware of our production area where we produce 10,000 gallons of wine a year. I would be more than thrilled to give you a tour should you ever stop in again...

Once again, thank you for your comments!

-Mark

Delaware
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Worth the Visit”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We visited Bear Pond as part of the Cooperstown Beverage Trail. It was among the smaller establishments, but was still very pleasant and enjoyable. The presentation of their cheese and chocolate package was great and the taste of their wines was even better! We worked with Ana, who was incredibly welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable... a very different experience than we had at the much more heavily-hyped Ommegang Brewery later in the day. Other than the tasting, there's not much to see or do... but we enjoyed the short visit.

Visited May 2014
Mark L, Owner at Bear Pond WInery, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hello jmrobleto,
Thank you for your kind words!!! Its nice to know we have fans!!! We hope to see you again!

-Mark
Morristown, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wine tasting”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

An unexpected find on route into Cooperstown, this winery has a small but nice selection - dry and sweet. The staff was quite pleasant. Great place to stop if you are going to eat at a bring your own eatery in Cooperstown. Prices are not a bargain but you are helping a small thriving business.

Visited May 2014
Mass
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

They sell food, but this is mostly for adults!

As an out of stater staying in Cooperstown we saw this place right off 88 towards Cooperstown. The drive was worth it. They were busy when I got there but when they were able to attend to my husband and I it was worth it.

Advising I only drink sweet wine due to allergies and dry wines close up my throat they accommodated to the sweet wines and the taste testing was worth the money. Eva Coo is my best for the sweet wine.

The advised us about the Cooperstown Wine/Beer trail. One was closed for the season, but the ride provided some addition wine and beer purchases.

Visited December 2013
Kendall Park, New Jersey
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Very good "notorious" wines”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Nice stop right on a main road. The young lady serving the tasting was delightful and full of information. As I'm always looking for someting a little different for a Christmas wine gift, Eva Coo white was a perfect buy. It's a good semi-sweet wine named after the not-so-sweet brother owner & murderer who was executed at Sing Sing. A story with every bottle.

Visited October 2013

Been to Bear Pond WInery? Share your experiences!