Clarion Hotel
Hampton Inn Oneonta(Oneonta)(Great Value!)
US$256
Hampton.com
US$221
US$214
HolidayInn.com
Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area(Oneonta)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$208
ComfortInn
TripAdvisor
Travelocity
All reviewsdowntown oneontafront desk staffbusiness travelerthe room was nicebeds were comfortablehousekeepingclerkny
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This was an unexpected stop on my journey, but a hotel I'd stay at again the next time I am in that area of New York. The front desk staff made me feel welcome, and helped me get oriented in a town I'd never heard of. Oneonta is a charming place with refined shops and restaurants, and is a very scenic part of New York. I am definitely going to return in Autumn to see the leaves change colors, as this hotel is located in the foothills of the Catskills. Whenever I stay at any hotel, my first concern is cleanliness. After a close inspection of my room, I was pleased to find it met my high standards and expectations. Thank you to the front desk staff and to housekeeping for a very nice stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank chel9999
Michael M, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Its rewarding that there are so many thoughtful guests who are not afraid to pen a compliment, Thank you so much.

...and thanks for traveling

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Very awkward hotel access (brick entry difficult to navigate with a luggage cart, doors impossible to open while pushing a loaded luggage cart uphill over bricks), bordering on non-compliance with NY State Law 58 for wheelchair access. Difficult to access the wireless internet service. Poorly hit hallways offer lousy security for a woman traveling alone, with dingy carpeting (as far as I could tell in the dark).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Check in was easy. when we got off on the upper floor that our room was on it was a pretty dimly lit hallway which was a little odd but maybe it helped keep the light down in the rooms (coming under door)? The room was spacious. The bathrooms spacious. Beds very comfy. AC worked well and was not too noisy. I kinda remember hearing a train whistle early in the morning (not sure though). Also disappointed that they did not offer free breakfast as most choice hotels do. But room was clean and spacious so I am happy with that.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2013

To start, it is a nice hotel for the location. It is right downtown, so you can walk to eat and hang out in the town. The rooms were well kept, and there is a place to eat in the hotel for convenience, however no free breakfast, which other hotels in the area offer.

We stayed because the kids wanted a pool. Luckily we were there on a weekday, so we had the pool to ourselves, but it is very small. The sign says 20 people max, but you couldn't have more than 6 without bumping into each other. Nice little hot tub, a few treadmills, a bike and a pulley weight machine in the fitness center.

The hotel was what looked to be almost completely empty, yet they put us in a room next to a couple guys who ended up loudly staggering in stinking drunk at midnight, then woke up at 7 AM to loudly regurgitate the alcohol from the previous night. Seriously, with the paper thin walls, they couldn't stagger the rooms? This alone makes me question the management and give the low rating. Maybe it is because of the nearby college or just bad luck, but beware.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We stayed here with our 2 children for 1 night in June 2012 on our way to Boston. We chose it as it was close enough for us to go to the Baseball Hall of Fame and then we could be on our way to Boston. The service was good. The person at the front desk was very helpful. We had heard from friends that we needed to get cold cheese pizza as it is a specialty in this city. The front desk staff gave us a good recommendation for a pizza place and the hotel is centrally located so we were able to walk to the pizza place. Good value for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

I thank you not only for your business but for your kind words as well, and we hope to see you again soon.

...my staff thanks you too.

Michael C. Muench GM