“Very nice hotel with a friendly and helpful staff”

Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very nice hotel with a friendly and helpful staff”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Our experience here was great. The staff was terrific! The service at the front desk during the evening shift was top notch! The hotel is almost brand new. It was clean and spacious. The gym was sufficient for a short term stay. It was very clean. The price was very reasonable as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank triptime22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
NY
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Took a quick trip to visit SUNY Oneonta and stop in at the baseball hall of fame. This hotel is nicely appointed, clean and chuck full of friendly and accommodating staff!! One of my favorite Marriot stays!! The staff service and menu items available at the bistro were wonderful! The lounge area is huge. There is a beautiful outdoor area in the back as well. I would definitely stay again! The price is far.. Place is gorgeous!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank myspecialks
ALBANY,NY
Reviewed 8 November 2013

As mentioned in other reviews, finding the hotel with GPS is difficult, I was within 300 feet but because it is off the highway, I went around in circles for quite awhile.I finally spotted it on my own & had to tell my GPS voice to shut up.
The staff that we met were very friendly, courteous and helpful. The room clean and well appointed (a little stingy with the shampoo & conditioner, I could barely get my hair washed with the amount in those little containers and there was only one of each!) Some nice conveniences - a little table, big armoire styled closet with ironing board, iron and hangers. The Queen sized beds were very comfortable and looked beautiful- nice thick pillows. Bathroom was nice with a great shower with handicapped railings and a seat (pretty smart with the influx of senior travelers). Though I didn't have time to use them, the fitness center, pool and whirl pool are a nice addition. The Bistro seems oddly placed in the middle of the lobby and I wouldn't plan on eating a meal there, I did order some appetizers to take to my room which were very good. Having a refrigerator and microwave and a keurig in the room were very nice!
Now to my one complaint.....I know that in the middle of the week in November things are probably slow in Oneonta,so apparently they rent out bigger rooms to people for activities -- this looked to be some kind of award ceremony for 6-10 year olds. The children were out of control!!! They ran all over the lobby, throwing nerf balls, playing on all the computers, yelling and generally causing enough mayhem that the manager had to come out and speak to them. And yet, their parents stayed out of it, enjoying cocktails and ignoring this very obvious disruption to a hotel lobby and for paying guests who wanted to enjoy a drink or use the internet. I didn't want to be a grouchy old lady but really.........My suggestion if they rent out this room to children again,the parents are given some firm direction about where they are allowed to go and what they can do.
Other than that, a lovely hotel & I will return if I am ever in the area.

Room Tip: we faced the main street but it was very quiet in the room any way.I'm told there are room with...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Oneonta is a beautiful small city in this part of New York, and this is the nicest hotel within 20 miles. Very clean and modern, friendly staff, and convenient. Not far from the restaurants and shopping on Main Street, but far enough away from the interstate so it's quiet. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Andy V
Lodi, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Very very clean and quiet. The room was large with all the amenities that one needs A big flat screen TV, wifi and beautiful granite counter tops in the bathroom. Very pleased with our short stay.
The Bistro was nice with Starbucks coffee.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jean732
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We were in the area for a wedding and very happy to see the familiar face of a Courtyard. The hotel appeared to be relatively new, or just exceedingly well maintained. The entire staff (both day and night) was very friendly and accommodating for the duration of our stay. One stand-out in particular that I believe deserves an honorable mention was Judy at the front desk. Her warm personality and her extensive knowledge of the area were instrumental in helping us pinpoint a great Italian place for a late dinner. Strongly recommend Stella Luna!

If I had to pick one negative, I would say that it was the ease at which we could hear the people in the next room. Either the walls are not as thick as one would hope, or the door that leads to the adjoining room is not adequate enough to block the noise - but this is not a deal-breaker.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Seth A
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I travel to Oneonta frequently for work and always stay here. The main reasons are the rooms and bed are comfortable, they serve Starbucks coffee (only place in town!), the food is decent for a hotel with healthy choices, and the gym equipment is new and good. On several occasions the cleanliness has not been up to par- on one occasion hairs on the bathroom floor, and on two other occasions fingerprints visible all over the bureau. Kind of gross. Also the trash cans have no liners, which seems unsanitary to me. With some more attention to housekeeping I would give this hotel a 5 and not a 4.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AprilinVT
Todd H, Director of Sales at Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you very much for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Oneonta for your rooming needs when you are in the area. Your observations are spot on with regard to our amenities. With regard to the cleanliness of our rooms we are always working with our staff to make sure that even the finest of details are adhered to with each and every room. Each time we receive a complaint or suggestion from a guest, we work with our staff to see what we can do to make sure the situation does not happen in the future. The guest room standard for Marriott is to not have a liner in the trash can. This insures that the cans are cleaned by our staff each and every day. By using a liner, the cans could go much longer between cleanings and lead to a less sanitary situation. We hope that you will have a better experience when you return to us in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Hampton Inn Oneonta
Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites
Lake Front Hotel
Lake Front Hotel
#7 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area? Share your experiences!