“Stay here for Cooperstown!”

Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Stay here for Cooperstown!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Having been to Cooperstown a few times now, I have to say, this is the best hotel we've stayed at. The rooms are clean and nice. The service is excellent (we checked in late and they were as helpful as if it was the middle of the day). There is little shop with snacks and drinks (beer!) and a bistro with food and Starbucks.

The drive to Cooperstown is a quick 20 min (maybe longer if induction weekend) but it's a great place to unwind after walking and touring.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mamtravels
Jane M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We do strive to make sure every guest is made to feel special. Please be sure to stop and say hello during your next trip to Oneonta.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed here for 1 night around Thanksgiving to visit family. Pleasant staff. Liked that it was close to town and restaurants. The kids enjoyed the pool. The room was a nice size. The only thing to make it better would be a continental breakfast. But it's not a deal breaker. We would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AMC98
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Checked into an empty hotel, 4th consecutive Marriott stay as a Silver member. I asked about possibility of a free upgrade (no) but willingly paid the difference for a king. It went downhill from there... Up charge was fifteen bucks, no big deal. Front desk booked me in the room sharing a wall with the elevator (in an empty facility?). I went down to change rooms, arrived at new locale where? Opposite end of the corridor facing an open, carpeted and seemingly high traffic staircase. Arrived in room and realized no mention of wifi password at checking. Down to the front desk for the second time in five minutes to which the agent replied, "oh yeah..." and provided password. I loomed up and saw what loomed like lunch bags and catching my eye she said, "oh yeah..." And gave me some cookies. Then I asked for milk and upon giving me an 8 oz container, we agreed she could bill my room. She also mentioned I could "buy" coffee in the morning (thanks). Last, we checked into a tiny room only to find it inhabited by bugs. Ladybugs are cute but not in one's hotel room. Neither are flies.

I wish I'd skipped this place. Very disappointing because as a frequent traveller I rely on Marriott consistency but not here. Also with mentioning is the second I arrived, clerk answered the phone, kept me waiting while 3 other people milled around the front desk staring at me. Bug pictures posted.

Stayed February 2014
3 Thank luv3men
Jane M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you love3men for your candid review. Our staff strives to ensure all guests have an enjoyable stay while visiting our area. I apologize this was not what you experienced. It is thoughtful comments like yours that will help us to make every guests' experience a pleasant one.
I do hope that you will visit us again in the near future.
rochester ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

This Courtyard is new and located right off I-88. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable and I always appreciate the in-room fridge. I also like the option on the thermostat to run the fan continuously for some white noise. The staff at the Bistro was more than willing to make us items that weren't necessarily on the menu (toast w/ peanut butter). I was a bit concerned when I heard some heavy feet over head at night, but nothing disturbed my sleep.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mykidsm0m
Yakima, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have stayed in several courtyards and I like their new design, which is carried out in all the new Courtyards. I also like their cafe inside the lobby, its super convenient for late dinners or when weather is bad and you don't want to drive anywhere.

Room Tip: I got a room next too the ice maker, it was a little noisy.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel while visiting our daughter and we loved it! We didn't have the heart to make our daughter stay in her dorm room so she joined us for the evening and enjoyed the hot tub and snacks! The hotel was immaculate, the staff was incredible and a great night's sleep was had by all!! We will definitely stay again and will recommend it to anyone looking for someplace to stay in Oneonta!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank breanash
Jane M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review of our property. As the newest hotel in Oneonta we are striving to separate ourselves from the others with exceptional customer service. Please visit us again the next time you are visiting your daughter. And yes, bring her along!

All the best!
Jane McCoy
Director of Sales
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Our experience here was great. The staff was terrific! The service at the front desk during the evening shift was top notch! The hotel is almost brand new. It was clean and spacious. The gym was sufficient for a short term stay. It was very clean. The price was very reasonable as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank triptime22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Hampton Inn Oneonta
BEST WESTERN Cooperstown Inn & Suites
Lake Front Hotel
Lake Front Hotel
#7 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area? Share your experiences!