“Last minute decision”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Jay, Vermont
“Last minute decision”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Last minutes decision to stay here - excellent service and facilities. Saw the hotel from the Interstate - did not see it listed on my GPS. Have stayed at many Hampton Inns across the USA and generally found them to be good value.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear george1882,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you considered our hotel to be a good value. As you mentioned, our hotel is a convenient location from I-88, directly off exit 13 and less than 2 miles from Main Street Oneonta. We hope you will stay with us again when in the area.

Ashley Camarata

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
brooklyn
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed here on 3/19 on our way back from Canada. The front desk people were nice. The pool was too cloudy and cold so I wouldn't let my son go in. Rooms were nice but once again - post it notes on beds to let us know the duvet and sheets were cleaned - but this time only 1 bed had the post it. Do i assume only 1 bed was cleaned? I don't like that at all very tacky. Very out of the way hotel but nice stores within a few minutes and Cooperstown is not so far from it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear gavinsmaaa,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thanks for your review. I am sorry to hear you were unhappy about your stay. I have shared your concern about the pool with our Maintenance Manager and he has already made adjustments. The post it notes on the headboards are a Hampton Brand Standard. It is also standard for us to put the post it on only one of the headboards. All beds are equipped with fresh linens and duvets for every guest. We hope you will stay with us again!

Rome, New York
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night. It was a very enjoyable stay for us. The hotel was conveniently located just a minute drive to downtown Oneonta. The lobby was large and the receptionist was friendly and very efficient. She had our keys ready as soon as we checked in and in less than 3 minutes we were in our comfortable room. The room was large and very clean. Our one and only issue (although it is not really an issue, just more of a personal preference) was the bed was quite soft as were the pillows. We just prefer a bit firmer mattress, but it was still comfortable. Despite several rooms around us being booked, the hotel was quiet.The hotel pool and jacuzzi were clean and enjoyable. There is also a fitness center, but we did not use it during our stay. We used a popular travel site and got a great rate, but would stay here again whether we get a discount or not. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EternalStudent81
Dear EternalStudents81,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your evening at our property. We take pride in having a friendly, helpful and efficient front desk staff. We hope to see you again when in the area.

Bluemont
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have stayed here several times in route to Vermont where I collect my daughter. It is a great lay over spot. The hotel is clean and the rooms are very nice. I will definitely stay here again. On every occasion when staying here the staff has been courteous and the rooms quite and comfortable. You won't beat the overall experience anywhere along the Rte 88 corridor that's for sure .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Albert E
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Albert E,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your evening at our property. We take pride in having a friendly staff. We appreciate your loyalty as a guest and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

easy and convenient to get to and also to get to restaurants and colleges. Helpful staff and very attentive to your needs. Would recommend to anyone.we went as a family(college tour) visit. fresh cookies when you arrive, coffee/tea in lobby all the time. Friendly staff when you arrive/depart. room had microwave, refrig/coffe maker.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank denisesg2014
Dear denisesg2014,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your evening at our property. We take pride in having a friendly staff. We are glad you enjoyed our complimentary cookies at check in along with our 24/7 coffee bar. We hope you stay with us again!

Dexter, Maine
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We have stayed here for ten years going back and forth to Florida. We always stay with Hampton when possible. This hotel is the best Hampton we have ever stayed at. The whole hotel is spotless. The staff is very friendly and takes an the interests of their guests. We rate this hotel number one in our book and recommend that you stay there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear John L,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

My pleasure to stay overnight on a Sunday. Purpose tour Hartwick college in the morning. Location-easily accessible off the highway. Plenty of parking spaces. Check in was quick and friendly. Cookies and hot beverages most welcomed after a long drive. Room was immaculate. Furnishings new. Television and wifi perfect. Front desk called to confirm that all was good in our room. We selected a suite with 2 queens and a separate king bedroom. Spacious, and nicely appointed. I have stayed at many hotels all over the world and I have to tell you that I could not have been happier with our hotel Dined at Jay's as per suggested. Excellent meal. Pool was clean as was dining area. And fitness center. Immaculate hotel. All staff contributing to the cleanliness. . Looking forward to tomorrow's breakfast before we depart. # 1 choice in Oneonta area.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear sueZcue,

Ashley Camarata
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area
Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites
Lake Front Hotel
Lake Front Hotel
#7 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Hampton Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!