“Nice, clean hotel”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Nice, clean hotel”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our family of 4 stayed here after visiting Cooperstown and the Baseball Hall of Fame, which is about 20 minutes away. We picked this hotel because it was reasonably priced, especially compared to the high priced hotels in Cooperstown. We also wanted to be close to the interstate for our drive to Niagara Falls the next morning. When we checked in, we were treated to warm, delicious cookies for each of us. A nice touch. This hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, the beds were comfy, the shower was hot and the morning breakfast was delicious. Parking was free and convenient. We would highly recommend this hotel if you're in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and didn't hear much noise from anyone else. There was a little bi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear WannaGetAwayToday,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you were extremely pleased with your stay. We take pride in having a friendly and helpful staff. As you mentioned, our location to the Cooperstown is convenient when commuting during your stay. We are glad you enjoyed the warm cookies that we put out each night. We hope you will visit the area again.

Ashley Camarata

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Oneonta, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Hotel is fine, but like the great majority of hotels who allow changes up to 6 pm on the day of arrival -this hotel sticks it to you and holds tight to their 24 hour notice requirement (not industry standard). So, if your baseball team finishes before you thought and you are wanting to drive home a day earlier than you had planned - too bad - you are paying for the room no matter what. Worst thing is - they end up selling it twice, but still sticking you with your fee. Disgraceful and lacking integrity

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Troy B
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Troy B,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that our cancellation policy did not meet your needs. Your comments will help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. We hope you will consider staying at our hotel if you return to the area.

Englewood, Colorado
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel is a great location for families visiting Cooperstown All Star Village. It's led than 5 minutes from the park which saved us a lot of time. The hotel was spacious, clean and the service was wonderful. They accommodated our early check in and were very helpful and friendly throughout our stay. Great hotel!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear smo12345,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you were extremely pleased with your stay. We take pride in having a friendly and helpful staff. As you mentioned, our location to the Cooperstown All Star Village is a quick, 5 minute drive, which is convenient when commuting during your stay. We hope you will visit the area again.

Levittown, New York, USA
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My family spent the week at the Hampton Inn Oneonta while my son was playing baseball at All Star Village. I cannot say enough about this hotel. From the minute you check in the staff are friendly and courteous. They can not do enough for you. We were a large group (12 families) & not one complaint. The complimentary breakfast was great and they never ran out of food. The rooms were clean and spacious. I would definitely recommend & stay in this hotel again. Thanks for all the homemade cookies

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear goingsomewhere13,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you were extremely pleased with your stay. We take pride in having a friendly and helpful staff. From the spacious room, to our On-The-House Breakfast. As you mentioned, our location to the Cooperstown All Star Village is a quick, 5 minute drive, which is convenient when commuting during your stay. We are glad you enjoyed the warm cookies that we put out each night. We hope you will visit the area again.

Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My family and I spent a week at the Hampton Inn Oneonta while attending our grandson's baseball tournament at All Star Village. From the second you walk in, you know this is your home away from home. Theresa greeted us with her warm and friendly smile, so I knew we were in good hands. She went out of her way to make sure all was great. The rooms were spacious and clean and had very comfortable beds. The free hot breakfast was very good and the lovely ladies running the show were incredible. The entire staff was great, especially Theresa, Alex and Joan. The place is immaculate, which is very important to us. This is a very convenient location, especially if you are visiting Cooperstown. We weren't able to take advantage of the pool because of the baseball schedule, but the families with small children certainly did.

Room Tip: The reason for the noise level is because there are so many small children running around because th...
1 Thank Jules527
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Jules527,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you were extremely pleased with your stay. From the spacious room, to our On-The-House Breakfast.. As you mentioned, our location to the Cooperstown All Star Village is a quick, 5 minute drive, which is convenient when commuting during your stay. I will make sure to share your review with Theresa! We hope you will visit the area again.

North Babylon, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We recently stayed here while attending our grandson's baseball tournament in Cooperstown. It was very convenient to the Cooperstown All Star Village where my grandson played-only about 5 minutes away.I must say, the hotel was very clean, comfortable and convenient. The beds are comfortable and the free breakfast in the morning was very satisfying and the staff kept the supply of food fresh and well stocked.. All of the staff were pleasant and accommodating.We enjoyed several restaurants in the area, all of which were very good. I would definitely stay here again!

Dear NancyB,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you were extremely pleased with your stay. From the spacious room, to our On-The-House Breakfast.. As you mentioned, our location to the Cooperstown All Star Village is a quick, 5 minute drive, which is convenient when commuting during your stay. We hope you will visit the area again.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This Hanpton has finished its renovation and provides a great stopping point for visitors on a trip from Cleveland to Boston. The town of Oneonta has lovely restaurants and is set in some beautifull rolling hills. The hotel is typically Hampton with nice breakfasts, clean rooms and gracious staff. We staff here often.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear LCP48,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel enhancements such as our Perfect Mix Lobby. As you mentioned, Oneonta does offer many great restaurants, conveniently located a short drive from the hotel. We look forward to your next stay on your commute from Cleveland to Boston.

Ashley Camarata
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Holiday Inn Oneonta
#5 of 9 in Oneonta
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites at the Ballpark

Been to Hampton Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!