“Comfortable and clean place to stay”

Hampton Inn Oneonta
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Charlotte, NC
“Comfortable and clean place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

My wife and I stayed three nights at the Hampton Inn in Oneonta, NY this past weekend.

The hotel is conveniently located right off of the interstate, but also close to the downtown section of Oneonta. It is also about forty five minutes from Cooperstown, NY which is a must see, if you are in the area.

The hotel was very clean, the rooms and bed very comfortable and the staff very helpful.

We were fortunate to have a room a good distance from the elevators and were glad to benefit from the silence of that part of the hallway. I would recommend that you ask for a room away from the elevators.

My understanding from a local that I spoke to in Oneonta was that the Hampton is the best hotel to stay at while visiting Oneonta. I would concur with this opinion.

A Hannaford's, Aldi and Walmart were not that far away from the hotel, if you need beverages or food from a store during your stay.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again, if we ever have the opportunity to return to the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Jaeger1711,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you were extremely pleased with your stay. We take pride in having a friendly and helpful staff. As you mentioned, our location is directly off of I-88 at exit 13 and minutes from Downtown Oneonta. We take pride in having a friendly and helpful staff and glad they were able to assist you during your stay. We hope you will visit the area again.

Ashley Camarata

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a baseball tournament. Initially reserved the holiday inn, only to find it was a dump. Moved to Hampton and was glad I did. Large king suite cost less for 4 days than h.inn. closer to fields, hot breakfast and great staff. Only minus was no outdoor pool.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear dbro2,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear our hotel exceeded your expectations during your stay. As you mentioned our large king suite is reasonably priced for the area including the additional complimentary amenities you receive. Our On-The-House Breakfast offers a large array of food for everyone. We hope you visit us again!

Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night, power went out and the staff here were just fantastic, on top of things and assisting guests, I am sure some people were not pleased but they could never be pleased!!! You should be proud of the staff that worked the front desk August 5, 2014!!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Wile1959,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am sorry to hear that the power went out during your stay due to a strong storm in the area. However, I am glad to hear that our staff took appropriate actions ensuring guest safety and satisfaction at that time. We hope you will visit us again!

Yorktown, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We booked at this Hampton Inn because of the Trip Advisor ratings and were surprised by the fact that it lacked a lot of things we've come to expect in highly rated places. Our first issue was that although we'd booked several months in advance, we were given the second floor room over the front entry way. There is an automatic sliding door there which you could hear over the air conditioner unit until late into the night and very early in the morning. It made sleeping tough. In addition, we had to eat our breakfast at a table that was covered with food and sticky from syrup. There were clearly cleaning folks all around, but no one was there to wipe down tables for the breakfast crowd. Overall, the feeling of the inn was that it was older and not kept up as well as it should have been. We will not be returning to this hotel, and because this is my second disappointing experience with Hilton hotels, we won't be staying at any of their hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Elizabeth D,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments on our guestroom and common area appointment as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and cleanliness. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our family of 4 stayed here after visiting Cooperstown and the Baseball Hall of Fame, which is about 20 minutes away. We picked this hotel because it was reasonably priced, especially compared to the high priced hotels in Cooperstown. We also wanted to be close to the interstate for our drive to Niagara Falls the next morning. When we checked in, we were treated to warm, delicious cookies for each of us. A nice touch. This hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, the beds were comfy, the shower was hot and the morning breakfast was delicious. Parking was free and convenient. We would highly recommend this hotel if you're in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and didn't hear much noise from anyone else. There was a little bi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear WannaGetAwayToday,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you were extremely pleased with your stay. We take pride in having a friendly and helpful staff. As you mentioned, our location to the Cooperstown is convenient when commuting during your stay. We are glad you enjoyed the warm cookies that we put out each night. We hope you will visit the area again.

Oneonta, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Hotel is fine, but like the great majority of hotels who allow changes up to 6 pm on the day of arrival -this hotel sticks it to you and holds tight to their 24 hour notice requirement (not industry standard). So, if your baseball team finishes before you thought and you are wanting to drive home a day earlier than you had planned - too bad - you are paying for the room no matter what. Worst thing is - they end up selling it twice, but still sticking you with your fee. Disgraceful and lacking integrity

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Troy B
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Troy B,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that our cancellation policy did not meet your needs. Your comments will help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. We hope you will consider staying at our hotel if you return to the area.

Englewood, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel is a great location for families visiting Cooperstown All Star Village. It's led than 5 minutes from the park which saved us a lot of time. The hotel was spacious, clean and the service was wonderful. They accommodated our early check in and were very helpful and friendly throughout our stay. Great hotel!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear smo12345,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you were extremely pleased with your stay. We take pride in having a friendly and helpful staff. As you mentioned, our location to the Cooperstown All Star Village is a quick, 5 minute drive, which is convenient when commuting during your stay. We hope you will visit the area again.

Ashley Camarata
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area
BEST WESTERN Cooperstown Inn & Suites
Lake Front Hotel
Lake Front Hotel
#7 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Hampton Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!