“We loved it!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oneonta
Christopher's Restaurant & Country Lodge
Laurens, New York
“We loved it!”
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Our team played at Cooperstown All Star Village and we stayed and ate at Christophers and Sabatinis. Our room was fun. It was clean,cozy and we loved the adirondack decor.
We ate the restaurant and my wife had firecracker shrimp appetizer and baked stuffed shrimp with house made french fries. I had scallops wrapped in bacon and a one pund delmonico steak with baked potatoe. The salad bar was great and so was homemade bread. For dessert we shared coconut cream pie which was the best we have ever had!
Check it out you won't be dissapointed.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Unadilla, New York
Reviewed 19 October 2010

My husband and I first stayed at this hotel back in 2006 for our honeymoon. It was a wonderful stay and nothing could have been better. We also stayed the next night in a different room with some friends and the rooms were very clean and great quilty for our money. Anytime we came home from the military we would stay there and we just stayed this past December for our anniversary. I'm not saying nice things because I want you to go there I'm saying it cause I've stayed in motel from Southern California to Upstate New York and havent found one as nice and cozy. We had Wi-Fi on New Years Eve of all nights in our room. The rooms feel like you walked into the Adirondacks and the layouts are usually great for moving around in the room. My only negative I've ever had about the place is that the bathroom tubs are a tad small but other than that it's wonderful.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 September 2010

No wireless service as advertised. No managers on site, so you cannot get any response to any of your concerns. The room had a unfresh odor. Fruit flies every where.
Crumbs on the floor and all of the other bad things that are stated in the other reviews.
For those who rave about it, they either have very low standards or they are part of problem. No doubt some will like it. My guess is the good reviews are from people who have an intrest in getting you there. Oh and instead of putting a hold on your credit card when you check in they charge your card for the full amount. Good luck getting any satisfaction from them once they have your money. Big big issue with not being able to talk to someone who could actually do something. Owner or manager not on site.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
newyork
Reviewed 4 September 2010

I staid here when I was dropping my daughter off at college... You're better off sleeping in your car. The place is staffed by a bunch of sullen teenagers who are not at all the least bit helpfull. They were fully booked and the first room we were given was dirty,smelled like an ashtray, the linens looked as if they had come from a homeless shelter. The lighting didn't work. Food crumbs on the table...hair on the bathroom floor. The staff handed me a light bulb, stated that they were a non smoking hotel(I actually saw a group of guests smoking in a room) and told me they could not change my room until the following day. The next room we were given was not a improvement...again not clean smelled like mildew and febreeze. The bathroom had MOLD on the ceiling and the shower and sink would not drain. The window was leaking...the list goes on. AND there was no wireless...I was told that too many people are using it so it just doesn't work??? I paid $150 per night in advance and it was beyond awful.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
La Canada, California
Reviewed 22 October 2009

I decided to stay at this hotel because it was one of the less expensive ones in town. The rooms are designed to look like a hunting lodge and are very cozy and warm. The room I had was quite spacious and everything was clean, neat, and tidy. It certainly isn't one of those chain hotels and it provided me with one of the best nights sleep in awhile. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Rogerdob
New York
Reviewed 4 October 2009

I was a tad concerned about booking Christopher's after reading a review or two on here, but due to a hotel availability in Oneonta for Hartwick College's reunion weekend, I was unable to find any other available hotel rooms. I must say that I'm glad I didn't find another hotel.

This little lodge was clean, with a nice staff and fun Adirondack style furnishings. I will say that I did switch my room because it had a heavy smell of mildew (the first room was in the "annex") and I personally wanted to be in the back of the lodge which seemed nicer and more private to me. The room they switched me too was great, clean with plenty of room and comfy beds.

Please keep in mind that this is a basic hotel--it is not fancy--and it was fine for two nights, but I would not want to stay more that 4 nights here. If I had any complaints it was that the walls are thin and the plumbing is loud. Overall, it was good quality and good value. I hope they continue to keep the rooms in good order and their service friendly. I would stay at Christopher's again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank kettletoo
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 1 May 2009

temperature controls very good, rooms and restaurant very clean, beds too short (feet hanging off the end and I'm only about 5' 10"), could hear footsteps from room upstairs and water being run but no voices or highway noise. Restaurant very good with quick and friendly service. Good food.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SirVayR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Clarion Hotel
Holiday Inn Oneonta
#6 of 9 in Oneonta
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
Cooperstown Inn & Suites at the Ballpark

Been to Christopher's Restaurant & Country Lodge? Share your experiences!