Christopher's Restaurant & Country Lodge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Oneonta
See available hotels
Clarion Hotel(Oneonta)
Budget Inn(Oneonta)
Motel 88(Oneonta)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Before planning a recent trip to Oneonta for a friend's wedding in May, I booked a room for my husband and I at Christopher's at the bride's recommendation. The young lady I spoke to when I called was very helpful. A few days before we left, I signed onto this website and read some pretty poor reviews. Not wanting to worry about cancelling and attempting to re-book elsewhere, we kept our reservation at Christopher's and I must say, I'm very pleased that I did! We pulled in and found ourselves at a very cozy, cabin-like place. When we checked in at the restaurant a friendly young lady (don't know if it was the same one I booked with or not) checked us in and told us where our room was located. We headed next door to the Lodge and found that we had a really great room! It was clean and comfortable and we found the restaurant next door very convenient. It was exactly what the girl I booked with told me it was; 2 double beds, fridge, TV, desk, bathroom. I asked my husband if he was happy staying and he said yes, no issues for him. I told him about the reviews I read on here before coming and he agreed that our experience was quite opposite. Now, have we stayed in nicer hotels in our day? Of course! And I don't say that to take anything away from Christopher's, we were expecting comfy, cozy and rustic and that's exactly what Christopher's is. The room looked and smelled nice with no signs of dirt, dust or any other undesirable things. We would definitely stay at Christopher's again!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank alnabsmom15
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here last year for a weekend getaway, and weren't that pleased. the tube faucet dripped all night the toilet was always running not enough light or outlets.. NO room clocks and when I ask for one they didn't have any because previous guest had stolen them. I have to agree with anohter reviewer that the maids were smoking outside the rooms..I wonder if were talking about the same room?? Bathroom toilet seat didn't fit right,

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Visited last summer while my son was playing at All Star Village. Linens dirty and stained (gross!), bugs in room, carpet dirty and stained, rodent poop in rooms, electical outlets not working, bathroom moldy, room dark with minimal lighting. Surly maids smoking outside of rooms. Even when shown the problems with the dirty liniens, rodents, mildew and lack of cleanliness, management refused to refund our deposit of a half week's stay, which was a few hundred dollars. Room sooo bad we decided to eat the deposit and booked into the Hampton, which was much closer to All Star Village, and much nicer.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2011

The only hotel available during SUNY weekend. $159. Tiny room with dirty toilet, flies (had to buy a fly-swatter), electrical sockets that were loose. What a dump.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Dark and a little creepy but not filthy. We had to stay here as a last resort when dropping off daughter at college. Also highway robbery at $150 per night. Make reservations early for popular weekends in Oneonta!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business