“Terrible everything DO NOT STAY HERE”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oneonta
Christopher's Restaurant & Country Lodge
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Was in town for a week for son's baseball world series. Wasn't expecting much but they far exceeded my low expectations. Oh let me count the ways. Never had wi-fi, spoke to front desk 3-4 times and all they said was they'd contact comcast but didn't know when they would come. I don't think they ever called. Room always felt and smelled damp. Blow-dryer was older than dirt, looked like vacuum. Went to make some coffee only to find copious mold on used filter on tray @__@. Phone which was in oddest place (behind toilet) didn't work. Didn't have hot water 2 days so had to shower with freezing cold water. One day after housekeeping had come, the corners of our comforters were dripping wet. Not sure if this was the same day but housekeeping left our door open where it looked closed but all you had to do was push it open, considering lodge is next to busy street this was very upsetting. When checking out, our receipt showed we owed more than originally quoted and receptionist was trying her best to explain but I could tell she was very frustrated to be working there. She called manager, Sherry, who was at All Star Village. After she got off the phone with her, she said "they would not be happy if I walked out right now." When Sherry showed up she was rude to employee and semi explained to us we would not be overcharged. Lodge needs MAJOR update like previous reviewer said seems like they're living off their proximity to the baseball attractions.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank nemo7714
There are newer reviews for Christopher's Restaurant & Country Lodge

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Paid $150 per night for the room was told it is expensive because of the baseball hall of fame. There were no more than 6 rooms rented for the night so the price was not driven by demand. The windows had full wooden shutters, no curtains. If you closed the shutters there was no natural light or air, if you opened them there was no privacy.
The shower facet could not be fully shut off, dripped continuously.
In the morning I walked to the restaurant, not a sole having breakfast. I asked for 2 coffees, there was only enough in the pot for a half a cup. They were nice enough to brew a new pot, but they apparently were not expecting to serve anyone.
The place is run down. The couches in the restaurant waiting area are torn and ripped. The place has a fake rustic look.
Could be a nice place but they seem to be living off their proximity to the baseball Hall fame.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lee R
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Do not take a room on the first floor. You hear every footstep and creak the room above provides. Night one was limited to footsteps and creaks. Night two we were treated to what sounded like bowling balls being dropped, and loud foul-mouthed voices. My first call to the front desk at 1:30am went unanswered. Ah, magically the noise stopped... only to resume in the room directly next to ours. The drunken sing-a-long, loud voices, and foul-mouthed nonsense prompted me to try the front desk again. At 1:50am someone finally answered the phone and said they'd get on it. Of course, the drunks had to continue the singing at an even greater volume before giving up their choral. Loud voices continued throughout the rest of the night. Although I had paid for a third night we checked out early, and the only thing the front desk had to say to us was, "Oh, that's too bad". I'm happy to not have fallen asleep during my son's graduation, or the unanticipated 5-hour drive home that evening.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Julianne E
Reviewed 11 December 2012 via mobile

Was house hunting so we needed a place to stay this place was super cute and cheap $59 per night but with taxs it's $80 room was cleaned with big towels to use everything was made out of wood all it needed was no shopping center across the way and snow
Your able to walk to the steak resturant that's good and cheap

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Landlubergranny
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I just got back from staying at Christopher's Restaurant & County Lodge and was pleasantly surprised on how enjoyable it was. I had read some reviews and they weren't very favorable so I felt that I was taking my chances on my stay. When I checked in I was greeted very pleasantly and felt welcomed. I then proceeded to my room and was very happy to see that the reviews were wrong. The room was immaculate and so cozy looking. I couldn't get over how rustic looking it was but still had the comfort. I slept wonderfully under the clean sheets and bed with great support. The morning brought a refreshing shower in the beautifully decorated bathroom.

Even though it was a wonderful visit I must say that I wasn't happy about the price gouging that occurred when I booked the room though. I called (a month previous) and they told me that the price was $80.00 but when I called back in 20 minutes to reserve the room they quoted me $150.00 per night. When I asked about this big price discrepancy they told me that they quoted me wrong before because they always raise the price for Parent's Weekend at the local colleges. I really didn't think that was an ethical thing to do but I was stuck since that was the only place with available reservations. I enjoyed my stay a great deal but I just don't agree with their business tactics.

Room Tip: Don't book it during Parent's Weekend at the local colleges.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pmesches
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My family and I stayed at Christopher's Lodge while my oldest son played at The Cooperstown Allstar Village. The experience that we had at the All Star Village and at Christophers will never be forgotten. From the moment we checked in to our rooms we had great service, the front desk girls were very kind and helpful. The decor of Christopher's was wonderful it felt like home away from home. The rooms were very clean, clean sinks, toliets, showers, and clean sheets! The housekeepers were cleaning and making sure we didnt need anything all week long. Which I though was great! Christophers Resturant was wonderful, the food was fantastic. My youngest son is a picky eatter and even he was statisfied! I can wait to come back this summer! I recommend Christophers to anyone that likes great service, clean rooms, and good food!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Tina C
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We stayed at Christopher's while my son played baseball at Cooperstown All Star Village and we were very pleased with the room and the restaurant. The room was all decked out like a hunting cabin and was very clean upon arrival and the housekeepers did a great job everyday.
Our team also had a party in their banquet room and everything from the service to the food was great. Thank You staff at Chrisropher's for making our visit a perfect pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank hungry036
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Hampton Inn Oneonta
#5 of 9 in Oneonta
Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area
Comfort Inn & Suites at the Ballpark
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown

Been to Christopher's Restaurant & Country Lodge? Share your experiences!