“Wonderful Surprise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oneonta
Christopher's Restaurant & Country Lodge
La Canada, California
“Wonderful Surprise”
Reviewed 22 October 2009

I decided to stay at this hotel because it was one of the less expensive ones in town. The rooms are designed to look like a hunting lodge and are very cozy and warm. The room I had was quite spacious and everything was clean, neat, and tidy. It certainly isn't one of those chain hotels and it provided me with one of the best nights sleep in awhile. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Rogerdob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York
Reviewed 4 October 2009

I was a tad concerned about booking Christopher's after reading a review or two on here, but due to a hotel availability in Oneonta for Hartwick College's reunion weekend, I was unable to find any other available hotel rooms. I must say that I'm glad I didn't find another hotel.

This little lodge was clean, with a nice staff and fun Adirondack style furnishings. I will say that I did switch my room because it had a heavy smell of mildew (the first room was in the "annex") and I personally wanted to be in the back of the lodge which seemed nicer and more private to me. The room they switched me too was great, clean with plenty of room and comfy beds.

Please keep in mind that this is a basic hotel--it is not fancy--and it was fine for two nights, but I would not want to stay more that 4 nights here. If I had any complaints it was that the walls are thin and the plumbing is loud. Overall, it was good quality and good value. I hope they continue to keep the rooms in good order and their service friendly. I would stay at Christopher's again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank kettletoo
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 1 May 2009

temperature controls very good, rooms and restaurant very clean, beds too short (feet hanging off the end and I'm only about 5' 10"), could hear footsteps from room upstairs and water being run but no voices or highway noise. Restaurant very good with quick and friendly service. Good food.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SirVayR
Southold, Ny
Reviewed 4 April 2009

We recently stayed there while visiting SUNY Oneonta with our college-bound daughter . After booking our room I read a horrible review on this website from a person from California. I was considering cancelling however, I figured I'd check it out. It was nothing like they said. It's decor was a great change from the typical "chain hotel," and the room was clean and spacious. It smelled fine and there was plenty of hot water!!!The front desk IS located in the adjacent restaurant which carried out the "hunting room" lodge theme. The food and service were very nice. We would definitely go back if my daughter selects SUNY Oneonta.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank collegebound3
Delmar, NY
Reviewed 27 March 2009

Christopher's Country Lodge is clean, cozy, comfortable and was an extremely delightful stay. The rooms are very Rustic in style but offer a very personal and warm feeling while staying there. The staff is very helpful with directions and fun things to do in the area and are some of the most pleasant young people we have come across in our travels. I was very suprised and shocked in some of the comments made by other people who have stayed at Christopher's and were not pleased... I guess there really is no PLEASING some people. So if you are reading this and undecided about whether or not to make a reservation please do not hesitate, you will NOT be disappointed!
Ps. The restaurant is sooooo good, best steaks and seafood we have had in a long while and the bar attatched to the restaurant was rocking!!! What a great experience and what a great place!

1 Thank jr1979
California
Reviewed 12 January 2009

This place is a nightmare! We flew to NY for our son's Little League Hall of Fame tournament and learned about this place from the website for the ball field. I invited my folks from Massachusetts and paid for the accomodations. This was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in my life! We had to change rooms because the mildew stink in the room almost made me vomit. There is no one actually on the premises to assist, you have to go to the restaurant next door and try and get someone there to help you. They changed our room and gave us the "best room" in the house, which wasn't saying much - there but there were old goldfish on the floor and there was construction that jackhammered all night long. The rooms are dark, filled with mildew, outdated and I barely slept a wink because I did not feel safe at all. The place is right off of a major thoroughfare and the price is OUTRAGEOUS for how awful the place was. I'd rather sleep in my car than this place.

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — It smelled old and rotten!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Brownie2009
Milford, PA
Reviewed 17 January 2008

I stayed here while my son played at the Soccer hall of fame. One of the other soccer moms found this place, and a bunch of us stayed there. The little country cabin theme was cute and carried throughout the rooms. The two rooms I saw while there were clean and comfortable. We ate dinner in the restaurant one night and the food was good. I was a bit surprised by some of the other reviews, having had quite a different experience myself. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a motel in Oneonta.

• Liked — The cute rooms.
  • Disliked — The front desk is part of the restaurant, and it can be pretty busy during check in or out.
  • Stayed September 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank plumbgal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Hampton Inn Oneonta
#6 of 9 in Oneonta
Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
Comfort Inn & Suites at the Ballpark

Been to Christopher's Restaurant & Country Lodge? Share your experiences!