“Home away from home”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
North Haven, Connecticut
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I’ve been coming to Oneonta since late 1999 and have tried just about every hotel in town at one time or another, and can honestly say that I would not even conceder staying any ware else. I know I’m not alone because I keep seeing the same guests over and over again (traveling salesmen, contractors, little league parents ect.). Over the years I have come to call many of the staff friends, and I’m sure you will too.

Room Tip: Room 210 has a nice hot tub'
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Randy F
OneontaHI, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We pride ourselves on treating all our guests like family! We look forward to welcoming you "home" the next time you're in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I don't think I have ever stayed at a hotel where the staff was this pleasant. Jeane at the front desk always remembers me and Ginger in the Lounge rocks! I travel three weeks a month and I have seen my share of hotels. Excellent!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike C
OneontaHI, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Mike, we truly appreciate your kind words. We strive to have exceptional service. We hope to see you again during your travels.
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Nice friendly staff & very helpful. There isn't a continental breakfast which we like but there is a restaurant in the hotel. We had a late dinner there & the food was average. We used a roomsaver coupon but we had to remind them to take it off when we checked out.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments. I will be sure to relay your message to the appropriate department heads. We hope that you visit us again so we can show you that we can be a Great Hotel that Guests Love.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I was looking for a last minute place to stay on a trip heading east on Rte 88. I was able to use a Room Saver coupon (from the coupon books found at rest stops along major highways) for a rate of $79 (weekday). Overall a good stay and good value at $79. The staff at the hotel seemed very friendly.
The first room I went to had a connecting door to another room, which seemed to allow sound to travel through. I could hear the other room's tv (although I don't think they had it at very high levels) and I could hear coughing. Rather than trying to drown out the sound with the fan and ear plugs, I quickly went back to the front desk and asked if there was another room available. I was able to stay at another room across the hall that did not have a connecting door to another room and it was very quiet.
I was given a voucher that had several choices for a drink or food at the hotel. (I think this is given to all priority club members.) I chose the breakfast. I had a waffle, fruit, an egg, and some orange juice and it was all covered with the voucher. The food was pretty good overall.
My only comment to suggest for improvement, would be for the hotel to schedule a detailed cleaning. I can tell that the rooms are regularly cleaned and the sheets seemed clean. A detailed cleaning (especially scrubbing walls, wiping all surfaces-light switches, tv channel sheet, rods to open/close curtains-maybe recaulk the bathroom) would help until the next renovation.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Cynthia160
OneontaHI, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you so much for your comments Cynthia. I'm happy you were able to find us during your travels. I appreciate your comments as it will only help us improve on the quality of our product. I hope to see you the next time you're passing through.
Appomattox, VA
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Pros: This hotel offered a convenient stop on our trip to upstate NY. Our room was comfortable, clean and sufficient to our needs. Pet- friendly is a plus for us.
Cons: It seemed a bit pricey. Long walk to lobby from where we stayed at the back of the motel.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly if you want a pet-friendly room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
HIOneonta, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Thank you for your review! I am very happy to hear that you and your pet found our hotel to be accommodating and convenient. Please visit us again during your NY travels!
Pleasant Valley, New York
Reviewed 12 November 2011

There was not problem with check in. Our room was clean and nicely decorated. The problem came when we wanted to go to dinner and noticed about 10 doors down (the reception room) there was a VERY loud wedding going on - walked by that and tried to go to dinner. The restaurant was CLOSED - due to another wedding. We were offered to go into the Pub for dinner were there were a couple tables in front of the bar - not a place I want to take a child first of all and second we couldn't even hear each other with the DJ and noise coming from the wedding. I feel I should have been told that the restaurant would be closed expect for the Pub - this would have allowed me to make better plans then to run out and find a place open at 7 pm that was crowed. The second problem was when we went to breakfast the next morning the restaurant was like walking into a frig. The waitress said the heater was on but they had just turned it on (7:45 am) - thought it had been turned off the night before (because of the wedding - too hot dancing) and they forgot to turn it back on.
When I mentioned to the person behind the counter that I was disappointed that I was not informed about the restaurant he just shrugged his shoulders. Not the way to get repeat customers.
The noise level from both weddings were so loud - in my book unacceptable!

Room Tip: as if there's a wedding going on and if the restaurant will be open or closed the evening you ar...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
HIOneonta, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment with our property. We typically notify our guests about such changes and I'm sorry to hear this was not relayed to you upon check-in. I am however, happy to hear that you enjoyed your room. Thank you for your comments.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We stayed one night in the motel on our way from Boston to Corning. It wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible either. We checked in late, but had no problems on arrival. The only real negative I can think of is that noise filtered in pretty easily from the hall. There was one small problem in our room, but the staff responded very quickly to that once we informed them. The nicest surprise was going into the restaurant for breakfast and seeing the nice hills and other surroundings. We hadn't seen them on the drive in, which was during a pouring rain.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Your comments have been very helpful. I am happy to hear you had a chance to admire our beautiful surroundings during breakfast. Our town's nickname is "City of the Hills." We look forward to welcoming you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Hampton Inn Oneonta
#5 of 9 in Oneonta
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
Comfort Inn & Suites at the Ballpark
Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!