“Good Family Hotel for All Star Village” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Oneonta
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
midwest
“Good Family Hotel for All Star Village”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

Our family stayed here for a week while our son played baseball at the Cooperstown All Star Village. Rooms were nice and clean with fridge and microwave. Free internet. Nice pool area and playground for kids...perfect for families that have players at the CASV. Only about 5-10 minutes from the ball fields. Restaurants nearby, bowling alley and movie theater minutes away and a very small mall. Wal Mart close by too. Hotel staff was very nice and helpful with directions, filling coolers and room needs. A little bothersome that the electronic key would never work due to "deactivation" when close to cell phones or going in and out of WalMart?!?! Many trips to front desk for new keys. The room price is really jacked up in the summer for the baseball families...a little over priced in my opinion. About a 20-30 minute drive to downtown Cooperstown. The hotel works for families going to and from ball games, but I would not stay here if Cooperstown and the surrounding areas were my main reason to be in the area.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Northeast Ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2009

I travel a lot for work and have stayed in this hotel several times a year for the last 4 years. On the surface, the hotel does look dated. Historically, I stay away from Holiday Inn hotels since most are very outdated and in dire need of an upgrade. There are a few key reasons why I like this particular hotel:
-Bar
-Restaurant (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
-Bottled water in room
-Fresh Fruit / Cookies in lobby when you check in

The first two are key items for me. I typically do not like to stay in hotels without them (nothing worse than maybe risking driving in a strange town after having 1-2 drinks).

This hotel does have wireless high speed internet, but it is slow at best. Plan on 3-5 mbps.

This fitness center is nice and has been upgraded since I was here for the last long-term project. I have never tried the pool since I am usually here in the cooler months.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
verona, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2009

the service that I received at the Holiday inn was incredible. The staff was very helpful in finding me a restaurant in the area to have dinner with my fellow co-workers. Fresh fruit in the lobby....I was very content with my stay. Thank you I will recommend this hotel to others

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Duxbury, Ma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn during a recent trip to Cooperstown and the Baseball Hall Of Fame. Check in took less then a minute to complete and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room (room 104) was just a few feet from the function hall, and there was a wedding going on the night of our stay. The music was pretty loud in the hallway, however it could hardly be heard once in the room, But still I would recommend requesting a room away from the function hall. Our Town Cafe was absolutly horrible, the food was disgusting, but the service was quick and friendly. I would definatly stay at this hotel again and I would recommend it to friends.

• Liked — fast friendly service and conviently located 25 miles from Cooperstown
  • Disliked — the restaurant food!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2008

I just returned from a weekends stay at this hotel and I had a great time! There was one other person in my party and we both enjoyed our stay emensely! The Holiday Inn is situated near the downtown area of Oneonta, NY. The hotel is about 30 minutes from Cooperstown and the National Baseball Hall of Fame Museum!

In the downtown are of Oneonta there is a mall with several popular stores and places to eat. There is even a bowling alley accross the street from the hotel! There are some good restaurants including a very nice and romantic Italian Place called Sabatini's.

We ate dinner at the hotel on the second night of our stay and the food was good, and although the waitress/bartender was working alone that night she was quite attentive and very friendly! We made sure to put in a very good word about her at the front desk to make sure that she got the recognition she deserved for her hard work!

Although the hot water was not working the first night of our stay,
they fixed the problem and it was working the next morning. The tv in the hotel room had most of the popular channels and the bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean, quiet and peaceful!
I stayed in a room with a Kind sized bed. All of the rooms include a microwave (Did not use) a refrigerator and a small coffee maker; as well as the standard ironing board and iron. They offer guest laundry service which I did not use.

Check -in was quick and efficient they made a couple of restaurant reccomendations and even gave us a coupon for 10% of off dinner in their on site restaurant which we used the second night of our stay. I made my reservations over the phone and they were curteous and helpful. I chose the fall foliage package which included a drink ticket for two for one night and a free breakfast for two for one morning. (which we did not end up using because the breakfast ends at 10 am and we decided to sleep in both days) Overall we enjoyed our stay at this Holiday Inn and I would definitely reccomend it to any one who is traveling to the Cooperstown/Oneonta area.

Halifax Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2008

This was a surprise getaway for me. Usually I do all the planning for a trip so I didn't know what to expect. Right off the bat, the front desk far exceeded our expectations. Very friendly. The only one problem was that they were trying to charge us the regular rate but we had AAA. That wasn't the front desk's fault. They adjusted it immediately. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. We wer in a corner room on the first floor where there was a wedding reception. I thought that there would probably be some noise but I heard nothing. The maids always said good morning, offering a smile. And we recommend seeing Jessie the bartender at the restaurant. She was awesome!

• Liked — room cleanliness
  • Disliked — I got nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2008

This hotel was awesome. The room was clean, comfortable and updated, plus had really fluffy towels. The pool was quite large with nice deck chairs and lots of towels. The staff was incredibly nice and accommodating. They provided two kid-friendly feasts for our big group with no advance notice. The only complaint is that the food at the breakfast buffet is pretty bad, though free for kids, so adults should just order off the menu. This place far exceeded my expectations for a Holiday Inn on a desolate highway! I'd recommend it for any All Star Village families and business people.

• Liked — clean rooms, towels, pool
  • Disliked — breakfast buffet
  • Stayed August 2008
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Hampton Inn Oneonta
BEST WESTERN Cooperstown Inn & Suites
Lake Front Hotel
Lake Front Hotel
#7 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Holiday Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!