“Meets the requirements for business travel”

Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Orangeburg
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

On business and spent only one night. Room was clean. There was a bar to relax with good service. There is a nice Italian restaurant across the street. Breakfast was complimentary and had several choices including hot. Will stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Kevin7088

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed in this Holiday Inn a few times in the past. Has recently been completely renovated. Stayed here for a Memorial Day observance with a group of veterans I served with in Vietnam. Room was great. Very clean and comfortable, staff was very accommodating and friendly, allowing me an early check in. Have a nice restaurant with a nice atmosphere.

Room Tip: Well worth joining their Priority club if you plan on staying in other Holiday Inns.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Daddagreat
LCrouch, Manager at Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Daddagreat,

We appreciate your compliments, and that you are one of our return guests!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

A vast improvement from the last time I was here. Great service both at check in, check out and the breakfast area. The room was nice and clean all around.

And a plus, the gentleman at breakfast was nice enough to let me use the toaster to make waffles that I brought with me since I am gluten intolerant. Extremely thankful for that. And my fiance enjoyed the breakfast that was offered. Good selection. Had a little of everything.

Internet was top notch also. And good availability in the fitness room.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TonyD_01337
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My expectations were not high so they were met. I asked to be moved as to a room that bordered on courtyard to get away from train noise, truck noise and an early riser next to me. I was moved no problem which was nice. However, one day I found I had no shampoo in my room while I'm in the shower, the breakfast was TERRIBLE - the coffee, the eggs, the selection of high sugar cereals. The carpet in the hallways should be changed as it has an odor to it. The rooms were clean, the bar was ok and the chicken Caesar salad was actually good. Some good beer on tap as well at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Rooms on courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dany L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Dear Danodog,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am so pleased you liked the cleanliness of your room. Please accept my apologies for the service you received that fell below your expectations and our breakfast selections was less than satisfactory. I would also like to apologize for the unusual smell of our carpet hallways which affected your stay negatively. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I arrived and I was acknowledged by Dennis as a priority club member and I got a room upgrade to a great room. The room was clean and bright and really comfortable.

The staff were great! anything I asked for was not a problem and Dennis on reception was especially helpful and friendly. The staff were always happy and helpful, all the cleaning staff were friendly and nice greeting me everyday and checking I had everything. Every member of reception I met was great.

Breakfast was a really good variety, even a waffle maker for you to make your own waffles, although I abstained as I indulged in the french toast!!

Jay the shuttle driver was really cool, he dropped me off to pick up my rental car and waited to check it was all ok even offered to let me follow him back but his directions were great and I headed off on my own .

A great location it feels like its in the middle of nowhere and yet it is so close to everything you need............. the rental company asked me if i actually used the car my milage was so low.

Thank you and I will definately be using this Holiday Inn again when I am in the area.

Room Tip: I didn't hear noise at all !!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Heavenv22
Reviewed 25 April 2013

After spending an evening at a truly dreadful motel in Bay Shore, NY (Red Carpet Inn...do NOT stay there) the following morning I called The Holiday Inn Orangeburg as we had a reservation there for later in the day. I asked the agent who answered the phone what their early check in policy was and told her that I couldn't stay where I was for one more minute. She was very kind and sympathetic. She did some checking and told me they would have something for me when I arrived (1.5 hours away). She said it may not be the room we reserved, but she'd have something. We didn't care what room it was!

When we arrived we were greeted by name and once again shown kindness and sympathy for our previous horrible experience. We were then told that they DID have the king room we requested and it was all ready for us...all with a big smile.

We found the property clean, well designed and a pleasure to stay at. We asked the staff for dining suggestions and they were happy to help.

We have occasion to be in this area and we will certainly stay here again. The staff really did make the difference. Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KevAmyT
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Admittedly, I didn't expect much from a Holiday Inn. However, I did expect modest, clean, quiet accommodations and the free breakfast the place lists under its included amenities. Apparently, those few reasonable criteria were too much to ask.

Ah, where to begin! The place is pretty run-down. In my room, the wallpaper was peeling away at the corners, the bathtub was chipped, I had to throw my weight against the door to get the deadbolt to lock and the base of the bathtub had such a sloppy grout job that my 8 year old niece could've done a better job.

My room was not very clean (something crusty on the seat of the work desk chair, smudges on the headboard, TV and bathroom door mirror and my shower curtain was moldy at the bottom). I stayed Thursday through Sunday. The first night (a weeknight) wasn't bad, noise-wise (aside from the nearby passing trains, but I'll get back to that in a minute). However, Friday and Saturday nights were noisy - people hanging out in the hallways, talking loudly, slamming doors made worse by paper-thin walls. I borrowed a white noise machine from nearby family (whom I was in town to visit) to sleep better.

Apparently, there are train tracks running about 2 blocks from the hotel and those tracks are well-used. There must be a crossing or something because the trains regularly sound their horns - once I realized how frequently it was happening, I started noting the times and realized it was between ten and twenty minutes after the hour, every hour all through the night.

Then there's the breakfast deal. What the Holiday Inn does not disclose is that breakfast is only free Monday through Friday. It is $9.99 on Saturday and Sunday. After pointing out to the front desk attendant that this detail was not mentioned in my reservation, I was told that if I signed up for the Holiday Inn rewards program that I would get a free breakfast as a benefit. Although the program is free, I'm sure I'll pay by being buffetted with spam email and snail mail marketing materials. I had the foresight to give a fake phone number.

The next time I'm in town to visit family, I'll be sure to try the nearby Comfort Inn or Hilton.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, be sure to request a room facing away from Rt. 303 so you're further from...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank happyhound
LCrouch, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Dear Happy Hound,

My sincere apologies regarding the issues you had during your stay.
I would appreciate a call if possible so that I may discuss them in
detail with you.
I want you to know that I've approached all staff involved
and we are being proactive regarding your concerns.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orangeburg
Residence Inn Orangeburg Rockland/Bergen
Hampton Inn Nanuet
#2 of 5 in Nanuet
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County

Been to Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen? Share your experiences!