“Weekend stay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Orangeburg
NY
“Weekend stay”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I booked this hotel room over the phone. When I called back the next day, there was an error made, so they gave me the presidential suite for the same price as the jr. Suite. Upon arrival, all went smooth at the desk. When we entered the room, this was not the room booked. I called the front desk about the mix up, to be told that this is what I paid for, Jr. suite & there were no other rooms available. To sum it up, the room was not what I asked for, the discount was in good faith from the person on the phone, but not what I received. Also, this non smoking room, had the stale smell of smoke. I did not complain about any of this, I was there for a special event & that was our focus. All in All, its ok for a short stay.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are a far walk from the entrance. If you have any health issues, you may want to b...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ChantillyLace28
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear ChantillyLace28,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the room assigned to you. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

We stay at the Holiday Inn Orangeburg very often because we have family who lives down the road (we get a discount for local
business owned by family member). Every time, we always have a nice, clean room and excellent service. The hotel provides toiletry items and will bring them up to your room within minutes. Food is excellent for a Holiday Inn, there is room service as well as a restaurant. Breakfast Buffet every morning, and complimentary breakfast on weekdays. Snacks, drinks and other items sold next to the front desk. Very nice lobby and resturant area.

Great location near everything. Try Marty's Bagels in the shopping plaza right across from the hotel. It's our favorite and we've been going there for years. Less than 10 minutes to the Palisades Mall which is huge and has everything. 25 minutes outside of New York City and is an easy commute for day trips.

Overall, The Holiday Inn Orangeburg is a great, clean hotel that always provides us with a nice stay.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank dylanconnolly
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

On business and spent only one night. Room was clean. There was a bar to relax with good service. There is a nice Italian restaurant across the street. Breakfast was complimentary and had several choices including hot. Will stay again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Kevin7088
Myerstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed in this Holiday Inn a few times in the past. Has recently been completely renovated. Stayed here for a Memorial Day observance with a group of veterans I served with in Vietnam. Room was great. Very clean and comfortable, staff was very accommodating and friendly, allowing me an early check in. Have a nice restaurant with a nice atmosphere.

Room Tip: Well worth joining their Priority club if you plan on staying in other Holiday Inns.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Daddagreat
LCrouch, Manager at Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Daddagreat,

We appreciate your compliments, and that you are one of our return guests!
Bernardston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 May 2013

A vast improvement from the last time I was here. Great service both at check in, check out and the breakfast area. The room was nice and clean all around.

And a plus, the gentleman at breakfast was nice enough to let me use the toaster to make waffles that I brought with me since I am gluten intolerant. Extremely thankful for that. And my fiance enjoyed the breakfast that was offered. Good selection. Had a little of everything.

Internet was top notch also. And good availability in the fitness room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TonyD_01337
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My expectations were not high so they were met. I asked to be moved as to a room that bordered on courtyard to get away from train noise, truck noise and an early riser next to me. I was moved no problem which was nice. However, one day I found I had no shampoo in my room while I'm in the shower, the breakfast was TERRIBLE - the coffee, the eggs, the selection of high sugar cereals. The carpet in the hallways should be changed as it has an odor to it. The rooms were clean, the bar was ok and the chicken Caesar salad was actually good. Some good beer on tap as well at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Rooms on courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dany L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear Danodog,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am so pleased you liked the cleanliness of your room. Please accept my apologies for the service you received that fell below your expectations and our breakfast selections was less than satisfactory. I would also like to apologize for the unusual smell of our carpet hallways which affected your stay negatively. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I arrived and I was acknowledged by Dennis as a priority club member and I got a room upgrade to a great room. The room was clean and bright and really comfortable.

The staff were great! anything I asked for was not a problem and Dennis on reception was especially helpful and friendly. The staff were always happy and helpful, all the cleaning staff were friendly and nice greeting me everyday and checking I had everything. Every member of reception I met was great.

Breakfast was a really good variety, even a waffle maker for you to make your own waffles, although I abstained as I indulged in the french toast!!

Jay the shuttle driver was really cool, he dropped me off to pick up my rental car and waited to check it was all ok even offered to let me follow him back but his directions were great and I headed off on my own .

A great location it feels like its in the middle of nowhere and yet it is so close to everything you need............. the rental company asked me if i actually used the car my milage was so low.

Thank you and I will definately be using this Holiday Inn again when I am in the area.

Room Tip: I didn't hear noise at all !!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Heavenv22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orangeburg
Residence Inn Orangeburg Rockland/Bergen
Hilton Pearl River
#1 of 1 in Pearl River
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh

Been to Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen? Share your experiences!